The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware tries to do something nice.............

extroe

and everyone complains that they didn't get enough special treatment. Early access is a priveledge not a right. it's free game time. And It helps prevent server crashes.

Boohoo if you can't get your server first achievement. If you're that obbsessed with the game hop on one of the new servers as they come online.

I like the staggered invites even tho it means i won't get on till thursday probably. It improves the overal gameplay. I've been to plenty of midnight game launches where the servers were up for all of 10 min before they crashed and took 6 hours to come back up, then crashed again for another 3 hours.

Be happy that bioware is trying to make things run smoothly. I've been chatting with my guildies who got in today as they play and guess what. No crashes, no massive lag.

So thank you bioware for your efforts

and everyone complains that they didn't get enough special treatment. Early access is a priveledge not a right. it's free game time. And It helps prevent server crashes.

Boohoo if you can't get your server first achievement. If you're that obbsessed with the game hop on one of the new servers as they come online.

I like the staggered invites even tho it means i won't get on till thursday probably. It improves the overal gameplay. I've been to plenty of midnight game launches where the servers were up for all of 10 min before they crashed and took 6 hours to come back up, then crashed again for another 3 hours.

Be happy that bioware is trying to make things run smoothly. I've been chatting with my guildies who got in today as they play and guess what. No crashes, no massive lag.

How can it improve the overall gameplay for you, if you're not even playing? lol

It was an act of self-preservation, not kindness. It was done this way to prevent the servers from exploding day 1,2,3 and losing a large % of their customer base. Allowing us 7 days early was to give us incentive to preorder(again so they did not over-produce or under-produce the product). They staggered the early-access so they can keep as many customers as possible without a loss of service. Thus more money for them.

It was not an act of kindness or a charity in the least.

Edit: Pre-ordering incentive was actually to reduce the margin of error in that respect.

Edited by Kyrandis

Although I am very happy with Bio's rolling start, you're kidding yourself if you think all the "Pre-Order for early access!!" advertisement is a privilege.

That's bunk. Early access is one of the things people are paying pre-orders for, whether it's the standard, deluxe or Collectors editions...early access is a selling point and thus not a privilege.

However, this rolling start is one of the best ideas for an MMO release to date. Yes, it sucks to not be one of the people who get in on day 1...like me...sigh. But playing a launch with next to no lag, no constant zone crashing due to overload...no insane queue times...

That is unheard of in an MMO start. I've had a couple decades of MMO starts and finally someone is using a bit of intelligence for once.

Suck it up Troopers! They are doing it in what will hopefully be a new trend and standard for MMO starts.

Edited by Pestwulf

Agreed

Edited by GGVK

giving players the ability to pvp on empty servers getting to 50 is nice? seems like a screw job for the rest of us. I'm cancelling now for sure.

Why does that matter to you? If someone wants to level this way, let them. They are only screwing themselves out of the game. I want to experience everything in this game, not see how fast i can "cheat" my way to 50.

Why does that matter to you? If someone wants to level this way, let them. They are only screwing themselves out of the game. I want to experience everything in this game, not see how fast i can "cheat" my way to 50.

you realize you can make a second character or a different class if you want to experience the story?

this is a silly argument

Edited by Josiff

How does it feel to see the world in candy and gum drops?

Lol "try to do something nice"

they made the official "launch" date THE 20TH OF DECEMBER?

has any major release EVER launched that late?

short answer, no,

13th is the launch date, and now they are jerking us around, the EGA SHOULD have been DEC 7

But then that would have made "launch" DEC 7 and then EGA would have been DEC 1 and that in turn would have made DEC 1 the NEW NEW "launch" and so on and so forth.

Could have been worse. People were theorizing, as it got later and later for a launch date announcement, that launch would be announced for next year.

As far as the benefit to players, non-crashing servers and newbie zones not crowded enough to force players shoulder to shoulder are nice.

And who cares when launch "officially" is? The point is it's just a short wait now. Put on some music, watch a movie, go make out with your boyfriend (that's my choice) and the time will fly by.

I am a fanboi ... thank you Bioware for creating a Star Wars game. I will now pluck out my eyes as proof of my undying devotion.

So why would BW fool us to belive that we all got pre access at the same time. Then later they divided the pre access. This is not right becuase we all paid the same amount of money.

Next time Bioware wants to do something nice, I vote they just show up on the forums and talk to the public. 90% of the ************ is misinformed twits flying off half-cocked because they don't have anyone telling them the truth. If Bioware actually released a statement - or even cared to inform their customers of anything really - then we wouldn't have the *****torm.

EDIT: Or at least the *****torm we had wouldn't be as bad.

Edited by theLast

I think its called 'selective reading impairment'.

um actually it's called 'not everyone is as lucky as you and gets 5 days head-start'. Hell, I probably won't even get 2. That's a little frustrating, don't try and tell me otherwise

What was nice is about 1/2 way through the last weekend someone at Blizzard thought hey, this is a good time to give away 7 day free play passes to everyone that had left WoW and were likely waiting for SWTOR to go live. Of course we took advantage if it rather then twiddle our thumbs for an email for early access here. No staggered release at WoW... everyone can just log in. I have never ever heard of a staggered start like BW is doing. So instead of getting early access I was playing WoW for free... thats what nice is. What is not nice is not getting a email today for SWTOR, the game i had actually left WoW to play... Edited by Loniki