The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sexy Slave outfit - open to male characters

While BW hasn't reskinned the dancer / slave outfits specifically, there are a number of "revealing" sets that do work with males. Also, the new CM Rep vendor has *dyeable* versions of the male and female underwear bottoms and female underwear top (no male, which means no unify chest for males).

I agree with the sentiment of your post, OP, though I doubt they will go back and make the old slave/dancer outfits for males too. However, I am mostly satisfied that they seem to have changed their ways in regards to gender specific clothing since those were released. Though if they add any more sexy outfits with a similar, um, purpose ("look sexy, maybe dance but you could just stand there too") as the slave/dancer gear, I would expect them to be equally sexy and objectifying on both genders.

I didn't need that:(.

Well, not everything is for you. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I totally support this.

People have been asking for a male dancer/slave outfit for years now.

Looks like BW is just ignoring this...maybe it's too much work.

The revealing outfits we have right now, mostly are nothing else than cheap edited versions of older outfits.

Yes it's better than nothing but I still hope one day we will get our male dancer/slave outfit.

http://sweet.pp.fi/quinn_imperialdancer.jpg

This is actually exactly what it should look like!

• 3 months later...

I decided to bump this because I was messing around with previewing stuff from the cartel market and found out, quite by accident, that some of the required assets are already in the game.

You can see that most of the sets have 1/2 to 2/3 of their pieces working on male character models if you:

1) Preview a dancer or slave armor set from the cartel market, social vendor, or security key vendor.

(At this point their will be no change in the character's appearance)

2) Keep the preview window opened.

3) Preview any dye.

(The armor set will suddenly pop up on the character)

As far as I can tell, the boots, the gloves, and the wrist pieces are always there. The bottom is there for most of the sets. The head piece is there for some of the sets. I didn't really pay attention to the belt.

The only real issue is the chest piece, which should be a relatively simple fix.

I don't know how much work it would require to finish converting the armor sets, but I can't imagine that it would be too much.

+1 for this

making retroactive male versions of the current slave/dancer outfits would be ideal (even if we all know it will never happen)

and yea there are 'skimpy' male outfits and that's grand but still nothing on the lines of a leia bikini.. equality on objectification, says i :D

+1 for this

making retroactive male versions of the current slave/dancer outfits would be ideal (even if we all know it will never happen)

and yea there are 'skimpy' male outfits and that's grand but still nothing on the lines of a leia bikini.. equality on objectification, says i :D

covert energy shirt and ventilated scalene leggings. I believe that would make the equality. :p

covert energy shirt and ventilated scalene leggings. I believe that would make the equality. :p

Except that it doesn't. It certainly comes close, but it still isn't equally objectifying.

There are 2 main issues that make it different.

First, the slave and dancer bottoms are significantly...um...narrower...in the back.

Second, and the one that I care more about, is the belt.

When you use the covert energy belt, the appearance you will see on almost all armor sets it the belt that comes designed as a part of the leg armor. The bulky belt from the belt armor slot will be gone, but there will still be a "belt" of sorts that gets displayed. The only exceptions to this are the slave and dancer bottoms. They have no belt portion attached to them; they simply display the character's lower abdomen.

While Bioware has gone a long way towards making all of their new armor sets equally objectifying, there is simply nothing that compares to the bare midriff provided by the female exclusive slave and dancer sets.

Except that it doesn't. It certainly comes close, but it still isn't equally objectifying.

First, the slave and dancer bottoms are significantly...um...narrower...in the back.

When you use the covert energy belt, the appearance you will see on almost all armor sets it the belt that comes designed as a part of the leg armor. The bulky belt from the belt armor slot will be gone, but there will still be a "belt" of sorts that gets displayed. The only exceptions to this are the slave and dancer bottoms. They have no belt portion attached to them; they simply display the character's lower abdomen.

While Bioware has gone a long way towards making all of their new armor sets equally objectifying, there is simply nothing that compares to the bare midriff provided by the female exclusive slave and dancer sets.

I wouldn't care so much about the top if there was any equivalently decorated set for males. As Jaryk said, I care about the belt. I care about the shoes. I could work around the top but there is nothing that serves to make males skimpy and 'decorated' in this game in any way that is equivalent to what you can do with dressing up females.

Give me rings, give me sandals, give me a necklace, give me a jeweled belt - and let me put it on males - and I'll be happy.

Supported.

I would love to be the loathsome Lord who dresses her weak underlings in insulting gear for her pleasure without looking at gender. I mean, considering how nasty you can be to Quinn in his romance line for female sith, this could even be swtor canon.

You put this on sir or face the consequences for defying your Lord, "dear lover".

Edited by Kiesu

Well about equality... they also need to rework thoses males tops that show pectoral muscles...

so yeah, definitely supporting this kind of thread... kinda funny though how some people have a different version of what it means...

Will have to recheck ventilated scalene for a belt, but okay, it's not that it's skimpy you want to be equaled, you think to be equal the game needs have them in jewelry as well. Not something one usually see's on male sex slaves, but hey, I'm for more options.

Though in the end, I wish to stop seeing as many going around the Fleet in it. Though it's getting to the point maybe it's time to just add to it rather than put companions in outfits that are more fitting to the story :p