Taking Down a Credit Selling Ring

EricMusco

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly Eric, at least on JC Republic Fleet chat, I didn't notice much of a (if any) decrease, and the habitual offender names (site names) are still there.

Hopefully you can use the data gathered during this last hunt, and apply it to future sweeps.

Sadly Eric, at least on JC Republic Fleet chat, I didn't notice much of a (if any) decrease, and the habitual offender names (site names) are still there.

Hopefully you can use the data gathered during this last hunt, and apply it to future sweeps.

However yesterday there was a credit seller standing in plain sight on the republican fleet broadcasting in gen chat for the better part of a day.

Good to see something is being done, however I'm still seeing several gold sellers every time I make a new character or log an old one. Is it really that hard to have a GM monitor chat a few times/work shift & ban the accounts straight away that are selling? Also it still sucks to have to ignore the sellers on EACH CHARACTER we have. An ignore account feature would be awesome.

Good to see something is being done, however I'm still seeing several gold sellers every time I make a new character or log an old one. Is it really that hard to have a GM monitor chat a few times/work shift & ban the accounts straight away that are selling? Also it still sucks to have to ignore the sellers on EACH CHARACTER we have. An ignore account feature would be awesome.

Hell, that's what I mean. Seriously this gold seller had an obvious goldseller name of random letters, and was STANDING RIGHT THERE in the Pub station. For hours.

But to be honest what frustrates me more than that is who the hell is buying credits/gold/whatever from these guys? Has to be someone or they wouldn't be there. Even if it isn't a scam (which it probably is in most cases) HOW LAME DO YOU NEED TO BE TO SPEND REAL MONEY FOR FAKE GAME MONEY?

I don't understand that.....and it makes me want to punch people that do it.

Hey folks,

Over the past few months there have been many issues with Credit sellers and Advertisers. As you have noticed lately, we’re communicating more about what’s going on behind the scenes, so this is another area where we plan to keep you informed.

Last week, we took action against an entire selling ring. Over multiple weeks, we investigated and compiled evidence about a large Credit selling ring which spanned across hundreds of accounts and a variety of servers. To help thwart any possible reactions from this group, we simultaneously actioned every account in this Credit selling ring. In total, we banned hundreds of accounts and removed over nine billion credits from those accounts.

Thanks to all of you who have been diligently reporting those pesky spammers and other characters acting suspiciously anywhere throughout our game. They are very persistent, but we will continue to aggressively remove credit sellers and advertisers from our game!

-eric

That is awesome and now I gotta run to Black Hole to see if my "special little friend" is finally gone :D

lol there back at it with hundreds of millions good fail....you forget they make an easy 25mil an hour thru a lil exploit with a mob on yavin that drops a green and up every kill same type mob at black hole

Jeeeessssuss. That's a lot of credits.

Last month I checked Dulfy's page on total flagship costs and I noticed her guild's bank account had 4 BILLION credits I was :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:w_confused:

Not reading the whole thread, but GRATS to the BW team!

Edited by BenduKundalini

This is good news indeed. Keep up the good work.

Also I would like to say with the recent news of the harassment of a game developer and his family that such behavior can not be tolerated. I wish the best to the developer and his family. Please let it be known that this is not the norm for the gaming community. I would hope that the persons that are responsible for harassing the game developer and his family are taken into the firm hands of justice and treated accordingly. Such behavior should not be tolerated in a civil society. It is unacceptable.

Carry on and thankyou for making such a great form of entertainment.

Cheers!

This is good news indeed. Keep up the good work.

Also I would like to say with the recent news of the harassment of a game developer and his family that such behavior can not be tolerated. I wish the best to the developer and his family. Please let it be known that this is not the norm for the gaming community. I would hope that the persons that are responsible for harassing the game developer and his family are taken into the firm hands of justice and treated accordingly. Such behavior should not be tolerated in a civil society. It is unacceptable.

Carry on and thankyou for making such a great form of entertainment.

Cheers!

Absolutely.

Hey folks,

Over the past few months there have been many issues with Credit sellers and Advertisers. As you have noticed lately, we’re communicating more about what’s going on behind the scenes, so this is another area where we plan to keep you informed.

Last week, we took action against an entire selling ring. Over multiple weeks, we investigated and compiled evidence about a large Credit selling ring which spanned across hundreds of accounts and a variety of servers. To help thwart any possible reactions from this group, we simultaneously actioned every account in this Credit selling ring. In total, we banned hundreds of accounts and removed over nine billion credits from those accounts.

Thanks to all of you who have been diligently reporting those pesky spammers and other characters acting suspiciously anywhere throughout our game. They are very persistent, but we will continue to aggressively remove credit sellers and advertisers from our game!

-eric

Excellent.

BW's efforts in this are commendable, though no one authority will be able to eradicate the cockroach population alone. So I have an idea ... one that will probably be as popular as a screen door in a submarine with the devs.

Offer cans of Spam-Be-Gone as a Cartel Market purchase item. Spam-Be-Gone would be sprayed on an obvious credit spammer by an annoyed player. If a sprayed character has been reported for spamming below a preset minimum threshold, then nothing happens. However if analytics report that a sprayed character has been reported for spamming above the preset minimum threshold, then the character who got sprayed is immediately flagged for PvP.

Treat them like Stims:

• Premium (Green) Spam-Be-Gone: single working use then dissipates after death.
  • Prototype (Blue) Spam-Be-Gone: single working use but flag effects persist through death for 1 hour.
  • Artifact (Purple) Spam-Be-Gone: 3 working uses and flag effects persist through death for 2 hours.

That ought ta take care of ol' lobster head.

[edit] On a serious note ... a nice QoL feature would be to add a "Report as credit spam" option so we can differentiate merely obnoxious spammers from credit spammers when we report. That, and automatically add whoever we report for spam to our ignore list. Oh please?!?!?

Edited by GalacticKegger

That is fantastic. Thank so much both for the continuing communication with the players on the forums, and for taking action on the credit selling ring. They are beyond annoying and disruptive. I try to remember to always submit spam reports whenever I am on fleet and it is nice to see that everybody's collective efforts, players and devs alike, is producing a result.

- Edre

Since you have the credit card information of these people, you should automatically permaban them from the game if they apply their credit card details on a new account. Never let them back in.

That's not really how it works :D