Referral link abusers?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you only get 100cc for someone using your referral link. Then if they sub you get 500cc. Guess already subs don't count anymore. They've changed the game people.

The initial "referral" of an already-subscribed player depends on the time remaining in their subscription. I've received awards for the initial "referral" ranging from 100 to 800 (the latter I do not understand at all).

And even if they did "change the game," it was never intended that we should get a reward for "referring" current subscribers. What is the point of that? It's a loophole they have so far not fixed. And if they ever do fix it, be happy you got what you did.

Go sit on Harb on the starter planet or Coruscant and tell me its not spam lol

Well, everyone is allowed to talk, right?

Maybe a hundred different people all want to pitch their offers, but it's only spam if the same person does it over and over.

But I'm not there. Maybe there are a few people repeatedly spamming their link, but we have a solution for this. We can report people for spamming. Why do we need a new rule for this particular bit of spam?

I don't put my link in game chat, but whatever.

I think that it's crazy that Bioware lets everyone have infinite referrals with no (or a very high) cap on benefits. Sure, you only get each of those pets and the speeder once, but the CCs are the real prize, anyway.

Now you only get 100cc for someone using your referral link. Then if they sub you get 500cc. Guess already subs don't count anymore. They've changed the game people.

I have not noticed this change less then 10% of mine are 100cc, I have noticed though that some get the "Subscription has been inactive for over 90 days" even if they still are subscribers in the game :tran_eek:

Perhaps it is not working as intended, who knows?

I have not noticed this change less then 10% of mine are 100cc, I have noticed though that some get the "Subscription has been inactive for over 90 days" even if they still are subscribers in the game :tran_eek:

Perhaps it is not working as intended, who knows?

Yeah I get about half of my friend referrals that have that "Subscription has been inactive for over 90 days" and I know for a fact that most of them are still subbing.. Must be a way BW can skip out on giving are 100cc that where entitled to get.. Don't know..:rolleyes: Edited by Legolose

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I get about half of my friend referrals that have that "Subscription has been inactive for over 90 days" and I know for a fact that most of them are still subbing.. Must be a way BW can skip out on giving are 100cc that where entitled to get.. Don't know..:rolleyes:

Perhaps they should look into this, I have a RL friend that I spoke to today he had paid the entire year out. Yet it says "Subscription has been inactive for over 90 days"

Something is seriously wrong here, perhaps they should check up who is acually in the game or not and grant the cartel coins lost.

Edited by Icestar

I don't have an issue with the referral link system, just as long as people don't just spam everything everywhere with there links.

You are very welcome to use my referral link.

With this you get 7 days of free subscription,a free character transfer and nice items mailed to all your characters. The referral helps both new, returning and current players!

Gotta hand it to you - I'm impressed.

Bump a thread that hasn't been posted to in a while just so you can add your own referral link - I notice that when I searched for "posts made by you" this was the only one that came back.

So your first post is to bump an old thread to basically promote your own link?

The only problem is, at the time of my typing this (19:54pm UK) your link doesn't actually work - but I'm sure you'll fix that shortly.

What abuse? They aren't scamming anyone, but actually paying people and saying exactly what for.

Well it's abuse in the sense that Referral links are meant for new accounts and previous subscribers, not current subscribers.

Well it's abuse in the sense that Referral links are meant for new accounts and previous subscribers, not current subscribers.

Then you can't single out those selling referrals for that abuse. As anyone posting a referral link can end up abusing that intentionally or not. Including you with your sig. Do you know everyone clicking your sig is a new account or previous sub?

Edited by Deyjarl

Then you can't single out those selling referrals for that abuse. As anyone posting a referral link can end up abusing that intentionally or not. Including you with your sig. Do you know everyone clicking your sig is a new account or previous sub?

The referral click buyers are specifically asking for current subs. I'm not.

Edited by MFollin

Whats even worse is the ones who are saying. "I need subscribers to click my referal link". that removes the whole point behind a referal link

Agreed. I can understand that getting a free to play player to convert to a subscription is a good deal for BW. But when you advertise to subscribers to click the link and you get 7 free days IMO is abuse of the system.

Now granted that BW developed the system and seems like should have seen this behavior coming from a mile away, but still I think that if a reward is issued then either the advertiser should get no reward for simply giving 7 free days to a currently paying player, or that player should have needed to have gone atleast 30 days with a canceled subscription to warrant the idea that you enticed them back into subscribing.

Over all it is one of those issues that doesn't effect me I guess but it does get old knowing that players are working a system or exploit and earning rewards for it that moral players don't get to earn. What they should do is allow anyone to click the link you give it to, then if they are a subscriber already total all those coins that you earned off spaming it at the end of the month and then charge you for the coins on your monthly subscription since you exploited the referral system. If you want to dispute the charges that's fine you do that with your credit card company and then then get your money back and your account is then perma banned for exploitation in game mechanics for personal benefits. Eventually problem solved, either BW gets more cash from the abusers or the abusers end up out of the game and don't have to be seen or heard any longer.

No they aren't. They are asking players in game, if they are new, returning, or current.

I have yet to see them specifically asking for current subs specifically.

Again you can be just as guilty, intentionally or not. Only difference between our links here and what they are doing is the credits.

Also anything bought on the cartel has to wait to be sold on the GTN 24 hours, so they thought of this somewhat, already.

Edited by Deyjarl

No they aren't. They are asking players in game, if they are new, returning, or current.

I have yet to see them specifically asking for current subs specifically.

Again you can be just as guilty, intentionally or not. Only difference between our links here and what they are doing is the credits.

Also anything bought on the cartel has to wait to be sold on the GTN 24 hours, so they thought of this somewhat, already.

Oh do point me in the direction of the players who will pay 300k or more for a non-sub to click a referral link. There is zero logic to that transaction since they only gain 600CC if the player subscribes and the only way to be sure of that is if they're currently a subscriber.

All the players I've seen ask for referrals clicks with credit rewards on ToFN and TRE are specifically asking for current subs.

Edited by MFollin

You might be advertising your link elsewhere, but your link in you sig here is aimed directly at subs, because I bet (although I do not know) that very few non-subs peruse the general forums much. And since BWEA says it's OK to put your link in your sig, it's pretty clear they are OK with your referral being aimed primarily at subs.

Not even close to most of them are asking for that.You are lumping them all with a minority of bad actors.

bad actors?

It's okay to offer a credit incentive to subscribers only. It's available to everyone, but only subs get credits.

Plus its not like F2P can trade anyways and I don't think preferred can even use it half the time (in my experience).

It's not abuse, what's the difference between offering it to guildies and friends vs offering it to a stranger? Maybe I want them to become my friend :rak_03:

This is not hard to solve.. depending on how much they offer, a quick solution is to quickly explain to potential clickers what the clickee will receive, and state you personally wouldn't do it for less than a few million credits. Shuts them up real quick.

This is not hard to solve.. depending on how much they offer, a quick solution is to quickly explain to potential clickers what the clickee will receive, and state you personally wouldn't do it for less than a few million credits. Shuts them up real quick.

Lol a few million credits? I get plenty just offering 250-400k

The rewards they get is plenty and MOST don't even stay subbed past a month or two in my experience.

It's those who who spam every minute or so that are annoying, offering it once an hour isn't an issue. At least from a ToS standpoint

Lol a few million credits? I get plenty just offering 250-400k

The rewards they get is plenty and MOST don't even stay subbed past a month or two in my experience.

It's those who who spam every minute or so that are annoying, offering it once an hour isn't an issue. At least from a ToS standpoint

I got 2 clickers through the forums, one doesn't sub anymore(hasn't for awhile) and the other still has 90 some odd days to sub.

I wish I could afford to pay people 250-400k a click, but I have a pack addiction and barely make it over 10,000,000 before I'm back down to 5 or 6

Gotta hand it to you - I'm impressed.

Bump a thread that hasn't been posted to in a while just so you can add your own referral link - I notice that when I searched for "posts made by you" this was the only one that came back.

So your first post is to bump an old thread to basically promote your own link?

The scammer/spammer/abuser you're referring to doesn't even bother to put their stuff in their actual signature, it's still in the body of their post.

I just wish they would banhammer bots as fast as they do these jerks.