Common Fallacy: PoT5 is Dead.

Neight

PoT5 is NOT dead, it is still active with plenty of pvp.

The great benefit we have is the open world PVP, which is actually quite fun.

Please take this 12xp opportunity to come and join our great community.

Neight

It's not dead, it's just mostly dead.

I have no personal experience with PoT5, but I lack forum self control and when I read your post, that Princess Bride reference was the first thing that popped into my head. In an attempt to be funny and earn internet points, I chose to proceed with such drivel.

As an European i play on POT5 at european "dead times".

Plenty of pops, almost to soon (want to do some crafting too).

Don't know what you guys are talking about.

Very "live" i would say.

Got some goos tips and good teams there. Seems like most pple know what they are doing.

A pleasure to play there in the european 4-8 times.

Neight

This is the stage of denial when you try to convince others they're wrong so the other 3 people playing don't quit too

I feel like this is some type of last ditch paid advertising.

except... it's not paid

Prime time fleet last night saw about 65 people pub side, and 80 on imp side...with 12xp just kicking off.

Sorry the servers dead, i've been bumping into transplants on Harb though from PoT5

Pot5 is dead, there is nothing such as world PVP. Unless you and your gey buddies are j3rking eachother off on dens or whatever u suppose is world pvp.

no competitive pvp at all, just reg heros with premades playing IM DA KING vs randoms and casuals.

rip pot5

Sorry to bust the OP bubble, but when you don't comment on which faction you play (or which level bracket) I can already tell you. You play Imp. And likely play Imp across multiple brackets. Sure Imp side is fine. Their numbers are easily 3 times those of Repubs.

Repub is dead. With the 12 XP currently going the numbers are inflated, but I can tell you from personal experience playing both sides that you can't even queue warzones outside of prime time on the Repub faction. Otherwise you risk going into warzones without no full teams.

You want an honest apprasial of PoT5 on Repub outside of 12 XP...

Login at 3 AM - 10 AM (EST) and you might as well not even queue for a warzone or anything else for that matter. It isn't going to pop. Or if it does it will be an arena and you will be 3 v 4. After 10 AM - 12 noon (EST) they will start to pop, but not consistently. From 12 noon - 6 PM (EST) they pop regularily. You still have a wait but it is not considerably long. It will also be just Repub v Imp matches. Not enough Repubs to face their own faction. Then from 6 PM - 10PM (EST) it is prime time. You can play anything and everything. But sadly, if you want to accomplish anything as a Repub player you have just a 4 hour window to get it done in if you are pugging. Then from 10 PM - 3 AM (EST) is begins to lag. By 1 AM (depending on the night) the Repubs are done.

Again, if you play Imp, you wouldn't know anything about these gaming restrictions. But when you are on a PVP server, one faction's population dominance on a server can have a massive impact on the health of the server in general. When you login at 4 AM (EST) and there is only 5 people at fleet. Or login at 10 AM only to find 20. Or log in at prime time on a weekday and see 60 people at fleet. Or worse yet, login at prime time on the weekend and barely see 100.

If I see 5 people at Repub fleet, there will be 20 - 30 at Imp. If I see 20 at Repub, there will be 60 - 70 at Imp fleet. And if I see 100 players at Repub, there will likely be +150 at the Imps.

When you have that kind of numbers disparity, you can't continue to promote or even debate a healthy server population. When I travel to Yavin 4 and only see 3 other Repub players ... or go to Rishi and only see 2. Or sadly, go to Ziost and see less than 10 ... you have a population problem. Almost ever daily that a player can do in game is empty of Repub players. Whether we are talking Oricron, Mekab, CZ-198, The Black Hole, or the others ... you won't find but a couple of Repub players doing them if you see anybody but yourself at all. That god they are all soleable or the Repub faction would be completely unplayable on PoT5.

Just because a few people finally showed up to play for a night or two of 12X xp does not mean PoT5 is not dead most other times. It is SO dead in fact, that I have already begun transferring characters to another server.....yes it's that bad.

I have been gone a few days from PoT5 and q's pop MUCH faster and they pop all day/night long. PoT5 is not the same and its wasn't even close for the last couple months or so. Once prime time is over, so are the PvP pops. :rolleyes:

RL friend and I went to Bastion with our smugglers and don't regret it. We will very likely be transferring our other 60's and re-rolling our lowbies with 12X xp on any character under like 50....PoT5 has been on "light" load for months now. The last time I logged out before transferring there were like 17 people on fleet by midnight.

We couldn't even field a full team in mids on 75% of the PvP rounds that popped post prime time. The rounds were constantly starting when we only 5, 6,or 7 on team.

Don't give folks false hope and waste their money telling them how populated Pot5 is when it's not true. It is the lowest populated north American server and has been for a long time. I'd be pretty pissed if I spent 1800cc to transfer there and then realized a week after 12X xp that I was severely mistaken.

Anyways, as a long time Pot5 player, I would discourage anyone from wasting their CC's to transfer there. (if you want a good population, that is). However, if you like it slow and fewer bodies, then Pot5 is for you lol.

Seriously...:(

It's not dead, it's just mostly dead.

I have no personal experience with PoT5, but I lack forum self control and when I read your post, that Princess Bride reference was the first thing that popped into my head. In an attempt to be funny and earn internet points, I chose to proceed with such drivel.

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.

Neight

Have you played on any other servers for any length of time between two weeks to a month to compare this to? I moved from PoT5 to Ebon Hawk, and it's been night and day. I would say that, in comparison to Ebon Hawk, PoT5 is dead.

I traded "Open World PvP" for more server activity (PvP Warzone queue pops, GF queue pops, pug operations). I put "Open World PvP" in quotes because Ziost doesn't even have OW PvP, Yavin and Rishi have low counts on PoT5 so this is more like "Open World 1v1" - not true Open World PvP like a year and a half ago. Oricon and other 50-55 daily planets are ghost zones, I was always lucky to run into someone at all.

I do not miss how angry and childish PoT5 was. None of the servers are little angels or anything, but PoT5 had some of the most angry and acidic players. Choose any other server but PoT5 if you're looking for a server to play on. Pick Bastion, Shadowlands, something else. Let PoT5 die due to the poor community on that server as well as Biowares inaction on server merging (which made Bioware a lot of money as desperate players are paying for transfers).

you have a population problem.

Most people here in the forum don't even care, I guess, or just don't see that such a thing like an "population problem" could come into existence.

Most people don't even worry over such an "population problem", because as Imp players they are totally fine with SWZTOR becoming to 100 % Imp one day, if this goes on.

Neight

You should feel bad for this false advertising. It's worse than those local tourism board commercials for ****** cities, showing dying flowers and winos in a ratty park while the voice over says how fun it is to visit.

Most people here in the forum don't even care, I guess, or just don't see that such a thing like an "population problem" could come into existence.

Most people don't even worry over such an "population problem", because as Imp players they are totally fine with SWZTOR becoming to 100 % Imp one day, if this goes on.

You're like a broken record.