Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ziost is total rip off

lironBD

So we had to wait a week for two cutscenes 5 minutes total and then we got access to some shady boring daily area like Yavin 4 ?

Are you kidding me?

utter joke

EDIT: For the love of god please stop witch dictionary links!!!!

Edited by lironBD
new title: Ziost update was disappointing.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was supposed to be a surprise.

You weren't supposed to know it was happening until it happened.

Then people complained, the surprise was ruined and now people are complaining because it wasn't what they "expected."

Honestly you weren't supposed to be expecting anything. You weren't supposed to know that anything other than 12x XP was going on today and if the cat hadn't been let out of the bag early then, maybe, some folks reaction would have been different.

BW, if you read this please let this be a lesson, don't announce something that you intended to just spring on us ever again. This is what you get in return for your hard work.

Edited by RiVaN_

They tell you there will be an amazing story in a week so you stay subscribed paying money and then 5 minutes of cutscenes and it's over.

Who said that we should be expecting anything amazing?

We got EXACTLY what they announced we would get, nothing more.

So we had to wait a week for two cutscenes 5 minutes total and then we got access to some shady boring daily area like Yavin 4 ?

Are you kidding me?

utter joke

So there are daily quests there now?

They tell you there will be an amazing story in a week so you stay subscribed paying money and then 5 minutes of cutscenes and it's over.

until the next update/expansion/story arch

give someone a cookie, they want the whole basket. Some people just can't be satiated. Could turn out new expansions every other week and someone would complain its not fast enough or enough content. or the day it takes 3 weeks, complain it wasn't on the same schedule and something something took a day off for it blah blah blah biofail blah blah blah i expected 90 hours of cinimatics only got 75 blah blah blah This game sucks.

Still disappointing, and its a cheap daily area, no mobs to talk of (obviously) but makes for a very dull daily. At least with others there are mobs to fight through. Ah well back to levelling, oh no wait I haven't had my characters activated for it yet. What a total mess.

It was supposed to be a surprise.

You weren't supposed to know it was happening until it happened.

Then people complained, the surprise was ruined and now people are complaining because it wasn't what they "expected."

Honestly you weren't supposed to be expecting anything. You weren't supposed to know that anything other than 12x XP was going on today and if the cat hadn't been let out of the bag early then, maybe, some folks reaction would have been different.

BW, if you read this please let this be a lesson, don't announce something that you intended to just spring on us ever again. This is what you get in return for your hard work.

'HARD WORK?' This game has been amateur hour for at least the last year.

I wouldn't say it's a rip off. It's actually quite well done. I think the story is good at the very least. On the other hand, when I put it in larger contexts and think this is one of the only two announced planned content updates for the entire year that's where I get a bit disappointed. I just don't equate a daily area and a small story arc a great deal of content. If I knew we were going to have 3 main content updates for the year then my opinion would probably change, but even though I liked the quality of Ziost I still just don't think having this qualify as one of the large things is really good enough.

I know my opinion is totally subjective too which is why I try my best to stay neutral here in regards to Ziost. I know there was the costume deisgner which I don't care about in the least, but I know a good many who are totally obsessed with it now. I know the Togruta will come out, and while that doesn't interest me int he slightest, it will others. So while I don't consider that stuff meaningful content, other people do which makes my opinion totally debatable.

So there are daily quests there now?

Same as yavin

Terminal with 2 instanced bosses.

Terminal with 2 quests

Terminal weekly

Few more random daily missions spread around you need to pick up.

So instead of letting us have access on the 28 to the daily area because of this 5 minutes cutscene they held it for a week.

Also this is rather lazy boring design of an overall ark. Makeb was splendid compared to SoR\RoTe.

I miss the day story content was the main thing in this game.

I expect from now we'll get 1-2 hour story diluted with stupid quest objective you need to compete with other people on and then you get Yavin style daily area.

I wouldn't even touch Yavin dailies without the companion legacy gear... pffff

Same as yavin

Terminal with 2 instanced bosses.

Terminal with 2 quests

Terminal weekly

Few more random daily missions spread around you need to pick up.

So instead of letting us have access on the 28 to the daily area because of this 5 minutes cutscene they held it for a week.

Also this is rather lazy boring design of an overall ark. Makeb was splendid compared to SoR\RoTe.

I miss the day story content was the main thing in this game.

I expect from now we'll get 1-2 hour story diluted with stupid quest objective you need to compete with other people on and then you get Yavin style daily area.

I wouldn't even touch Yavin dailies without the companion legacy gear... pffff

ive not played ziost...how big is it compared to other daily areas?

That might apply, if you subbed weekly, but since the minimum sub is a month, there's only a handful of people who's sub would run out in that short time interval. In that case, there would be no need to re-sub until you found out what the "amazing story" was.

So basically - "quit yer whinin' " :D

That might apply, if you subbed weekly, but since the minimum sub is a month, there's only a handful of people who's sub would run out in that short time interval. In that case, there would be no need to re-sub until you found out what the "amazing story" was.

So basically - "quit yer whinin' " :D

I'm not playing without a sub it's horrendous and my personal preference is to not read spoilers.

Are you kidding me?

utter joke

I would recommend that from here on out you keep your expectations low, and I do mean very low. That way you won't be disappointed anymore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.