When does the 12X start?

Zenpasin

so in a few months everyone has 8 level 60 chars and gets bored because of missing end content?

I mean grinding reputation with dailies or doing same FPs / ops again and again isnt really exciting or worth a subscription. just my opinion.

That's where new content will come in. I'm sure BioWare has new stories at the ready, otherwise they'll just wrap it up and let the game run its course until nobody is interested anymore. I wouldn't be too worried tho'.

Funny thing is that I have been playing this game a lot at launch and been playing the game on and off but never got a single character past level 35-ish so I will finally have my chance to experience everything.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is that I have been playing this game a lot at launch and been playing the game on and off but never got a single character past level 35-ish so I will finally have my chance to experience everything.

Same here hehe, been playing on and off since beta and my highest toon is only 39 :D I think it's due to the questing being so mind numbingly boring and slow - by that I mean the side questing.

So, great thing they're doing this 12x xp on story quests, I finally get to see the end game content :D

That's where new content will come in. I'm sure BioWare has new stories at the ready, otherwise they'll just wrap it up and let the game run its course until nobody is interested anymore. I wouldn't be too worried tho'.

Kinda this, this is my 3rd time back to the game. Ive got a lvl 55 and a 54 this time. but i usually get bored around lvl 30. Its not the grind that bothers me, hell anyone who played FFxi for 2-3 years like i did will attest to that, i dunno, theres just something in the middle that seems to be too much urgh at times. The real trick is getting to the end of chapter 1. Usually keeps me going until makeb (which is another point of urgh).

Count me in on those who have not yet gotten a character to lvl 60, yet. And I have been here for quite some time.

The highest is two chars up to lvl 50. After that I just got bored because I play for the solo content only (Edit: this was before any expansion existed). Since then I have deleted one of the lvl 50 characters and the other one I never play. Add about 25+ chars that I have created and deleted, never reaching above lvl 40. It just takes too long to level up. With the 12XP I might finally get a few chars to highest level.

Edited by FumikoM

The worst planet(or part of the game for that matter!) has got to be Voss! It's not that it's badly designed. It is not and it represents what it should represent. It's more psychological. See, when you arrive on Voss, you know that the grande finale of a story is literally this far away: I . And you, excuse the term, just want to get off. But the game won't let you because Mystic babble bla bla bla.

Voss is perfectly written and designed, it's just that it has rather ****** and VERY ungrateful position in the story. Good thing that with 12er, I'll be able to play through it when I want to(as opposed to every, single time!) and mostly just do the story there. <3

Edit: anyone that complains about the grind is not an MMO material. Just like I am not. That's exactly why we should be grateful swtor exists!

Edited by Cuiwe

I'm on the US server and 12 xp is not active yet. It clearly says May 4th on the website and it is May 4th so where is the 12 xp???

It's coming Soon™. It'll be here right after they implement cross-server queues and restore Ilum PVP. :p

I'm on the US server and 12 xp is not active yet. It clearly says May 4th on the website and it is May 4th so where is the 12 xp???

Sounds like it's going live at 8am PDT (11am EST, 10am CT (I think that's it?)

Does anyone know if the boost is restricted to level. Say I get to lvl 55 before I finish the story missions. Can I go back to the story missions and still get x12 xp?

It's only good until lvl 55 anyways....

Does anyone know if the boost is restricted to level. Say I get to lvl 55 before I finish the story missions. Can I go back to the story missions and still get x12 xp?

Yes but if they are gray to you, you won't get any or negligible XP like 18xp

As long as you are not more than 5 lvls ahead you will get the 12x XP.

If your class story is lvl 15 and you are 55, you wont get ANY 12x xp.

Edited by DarthVengeant

According to Eric - the boost applies to all 1-50 class story missions, as well as the main Makeb line categorized as story. The boost is not level locked, it is mission locked.

If the mission is green, it will award normal XP with a 12X boost. If the mission is grey, it will only award like 6 XP with a 12X boost, which won't be of much help in leveling.

To get the most out of 12X XP, make sure the missions is a story mission and is green or better.

IMO - for the quickest 1-60 leveling, one should push the class story mission line until it ends or the missions go grey (somewhere in the early 50s), then start the Makeb line (where it may be possible to hit 60 or nearly 60 doing the Makeb line).

Edited by DawnAskham

Hey folks!

The Epic Story XP Boost is set to go live at 8AM PDT, so approximately one hour from the time I am making this post. Who's ready to get their levelin' on?!

-eric

FINALLY!! Official confirmation!!

Thanks Eric!

Hey folks!

The Epic Story XP Boost is set to go live at 8AM PDT, so approximately one hour from the time I am making this post. Who's ready to get their levelin' on?!

-eric

Thanks for the clarification, Eric! Much appreciated :cool:

No one is gonna be leveling because they're all gonna be too busy with trying to break the server by all standing at the exact same spot at 8am: the terminal on ziost. I hope BW have fed their hamsters :-)

I've already created three characters that I'm going to start levelling in exactly 50 minutes as of this post!

No one is gonna be leveling because they're all gonna be too busy with trying to break the server by all standing at the exact same spot at 8am: the terminal on ziost. I hope BW have fed their hamsters :-)

Actually Ziost was the last place I was thinking of being, I got so many chara's to level.

Hey folks!

-eric

I try not to be negative, but I've been ready since 7am EDT. Where have you been?