Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BUG-Ziost "Time to move"

Ypogi

While wrapping up the final stages of the current Ziost quests, I began finishing off all the quests for the achievements that grant the plant as well as the mount. The "Time to Move" achievement did not apply, and the only reason I can think as to why is because NONE of the civilians would run away after killing the guards. I tried doing this quest while running the special speeder quest. This was before entering the tower. It would not work....SO....I tried logging out and back in. Nothing... I then tried doing the quest after finishing the tower, but I did not leave the zone yet. The quest would not complete and I could not gain the achievement. Any word on being able to get this reset, or possibly granted? I find it a little bit ridiculous that a bug like that should keep me, and others who may have had an issue with it, from getting a nice decoration and mount. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I am getting this on my Jugg.

Screenshot here shows the civilian as target, no possessed imperials alive and i hovered over a dead possessed imperial to have the ui window poup showing that the possessed imperial is dead. top right shows missions and i'm currently on dead center.. Annoying bug as this happened on the Assassin as well.

http://i.imgur.com/XDZAFaN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Seeing this on both my sniper and shadow. Do not think it is related to class. The one civilian who's being Force-choked won't even come down when you kill the guy choking her.

Yep. I refuse to make my Trooper continue the story quest until this is fixed (already missed the achievement on my Jedi Knight. I wasn't happy).

Yep. I refuse to make my Trooper continue the story quest until this is fixed (already missed the achievement on my Jedi Knight. I wasn't happy).

I'm planning to just camp at the area with one of my toons. I don't ant to grind another toon just to try to get the achievement.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is still bugged but I did manage to pop the achievement today. There was only one civilian in the area that was counting towards this for me. Before zoning into the green quest area look off to the left. Near some tables were 2 possessed enemies, one of which was force choking a civilian. Killing these 2 freed him and he ran off. This was the only civilian I saw that was not just standing around. Killing mobs around those did not work. I just sat and camped the 5 rescues in the same spot. They were on about a 4 minute timer.

Hope this helps others going for the achievement!

Edited by Lonesquiff

• 2 weeks later...

I now read two threads about this quest and yes, it seems to be bugged for most, but not everyone or maybe it's fixed. But I have to admit that I have not even a clue where to get this darn quest? Walk in activated? Some data-pad laying around? Quest guy, but on vacation? Or simply rescue the first civilian and go on from there, because yes, that didn't work for me at all...

Thanks in advance.

I now read two threads about this quest and yes, it seems to be bugged for most, but not everyone or maybe it's fixed. But I have to admit that I have not even a clue where to get this darn quest? Walk in activated? Some data-pad laying around? Quest guy, but on vacation? Or simply rescue the first civilian and go on from there, because yes, that didn't work for me at all...

Thanks in advance.

It's a bonus quest and should pick up automatically the first time you rescue a civilian and it actually counts it.

As of last I played this area about two weeks ago, there are a few civilians that can usually be rescued, but it's still hit or miss. The one on the People's Tower entrance that's being Force choked seems to be most reliable now.

I would venture to say there are not enough civilians as well. Compound that with some that do not get 'saved' when you rescue them and you could be trying to get this achievement for weeks. I ran around the area for hours not finding one that counted and the zone population was rather small at the time. Though, still, nothing lived for long and was extremely difficult to tag guards. I didn't even know there was an achievement, I just wanted to complete the mission.

Unless this is the very meat and potatoes of the achievement but if that's the case, make it a PvP objective and flag everyone free-for-all like Outlaws Den (optional of course). That way, you can at least kill the other players who 'steal' your camp or kill the campers for the spawn.

-or- make them free tags where anyone can tag the guards and get credit for the achievement.

• 3 weeks later...
I've killed every spawn where a civilian is located with 4 different character, I have reset the quest multiple times, I have zoned in and out ... but nothing has worked. I have messaged support, but don't think they will be providing any actual support.

I've killed every spawn where a civilian is located with 4 different character, I have reset the quest multiple times, I have zoned in and out ... but nothing has worked. I have messaged support, but don't think they will be providing any actual support.

Have you tried resetting the quest?

• 4 weeks later...

Reset it, redid it several times, still missing fibnal piece.

Have now moved on with the hope that an alt can attain the achi..but what if I were the type of player that only had one char? this would piss me off more than it already has..There have been so many silly little bugs since 4.0 went live.and the maintenance done since seems to have not fixed any of them as yet!

Dissapointed.

• 1 month later...
The bug is fixed! Xd

Not anymore. Can't get it tonight. Did it successfully on another server. This one, no go. This is my fifth try. I figured I'd do it the exact same order and way that I did it on the one that worked. But nooo......

So bioware, yet another bug. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so I got an answer from the Customer Service and they're basically saying: "Suck it up, you're screwed".

They told me roughly : "Try to leave the zone and get back in, try to reset the quest and try again, and if it doesn't work, too bad, we're out of options, we can only help you if it's story mission, not side quests". Obviously nothing worked so there's now for me 3 achievement and two reward that are not obtainable. What is really suprising is that GM are not willing to update a simple bugged side-quest for you. That's a new one in a MMO. And that sucks.

"Try to leave the zone and get back in, try to reset the quest and try again, and if it doesn't work, too bad, we're out of options, we can only help you if it's story mission, not side quests".

This was completely bugged on one character for me, and partially bugged on another.

The latter, I wound up having to basically "farm" one specific point in the area, as it was the only point out of all the civilian + hostiles spawns that actually contributed to the number of civilians saved.

Took around an hour or so whilst I was doing the custom speeder parts & AA-Turrets before entering the start of the final story section for pre-destruction Ziost.

This was completely bugged on one character for me, and partially bugged on another.

The latter, I wound up having to basically "farm" one specific point in the area, as it was the only point out of all the civilian + hostiles spawns that actually contributed to the number of civilians saved.

Took around an hour or so whilst I was doing the custom speeder parts & AA-Turrets before entering the start of the final story section for pre-destruction Ziost.

I had the same problem you had on one of my characters, and then on another there were three of us standing around with the problem, and it turned out that only one person from the Republic was getting credit, but if he got credit, the Imperials in the area were getting credit too. So we had two Imp players, just sort of following this Pub around, letting him claim the spawns and miraculously getting credit even though we'd tried the same spawns ourselves earlier. We weren't even involved in one of the fights - just "within range" of his fight.

How does that even happen?

Force choked dude seemed to be the only one working for me. But none worked before I had dead center advanced to the "Gain access to the upper level" point. I suspect if I had moved the quest along a bit more of the civilians might work. I am not sure though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.