Guild Trouble

LordPandorox

Lately I've been having a lot of trouble finding the right guild here in the game, and I mean I've been having a ******** of trouble. I've been jumping from one guild to another like it's nobody's business and I've finally just had enough. Now my toons are all guildless and whenever I break my vow on promising to go "solo" and join a guild I hope I'll fit in with, I wind up being wrong.

All I'm asking is for a guild that doesn't do raids, operations or conquests. Why? Because 1, I feel left out. 2, whenever I want to join in, no one tells me what to do for boss fights and I end up being a dead weight, which makes me throw up my hands and shout, "**** it" and leave.

And wile I know I probably won't get many replies seeing's how this is my first thread, but I'm going to brave it anyway... can you help me out with my guild troubles fellas?

This is simple, take the time to read and learn the fights. Dulfy.net has walkthroughs on EVERY ops there. Every guild is gonna run ops or conquests, that's a fact. You don't have to do **** when it comes to helping, don't get socially involved, just join for the bonuses and free stronghold utilities and there you go.

Lately I've been having a lot of trouble finding the right guild here in the game, and I mean I've been having a ******** of trouble. I've been jumping from one guild to another like it's nobody's business and I've finally just had enough. Now my toons are all guildless and whenever I break my vow on promising to go "solo" and join a guild I hope I'll fit in with, I wind up being wrong.

All I'm asking is for a guild that doesn't do raids, operations or conquests. Why? Because 1, I feel left out. 2, whenever I want to join in, no one tells me what to do for boss fights and I end up being a dead weight, which makes me throw up my hands and shout, "**** it" and leave.

And wile I know I probably won't get many replies seeing's how this is my first thread, but I'm going to brave it anyway... can you help me out with my guild troubles fellas?

Knowing what server you are on is step 1 to helping you. Step 2 is clicking my guilds website link in my signature. We are casual but have members that do everything. Nothing is forced or required.

Or just ask around which guilds are casual and which are HM/super-progressions. The biggest/oldest will be known on servers. Also, guild-hopping doesn't really look that great, neither does it help you get a good feeling of any of the guilds you randomly join.

I don't want to sound cruel to the OP, but players assume you have done your homework on the boss fights. Sure, you will likely make mistakes your first few trips in, but they don't expect you to go in completely clueless. it is assumed you are going in with some level of knowledge about it (unless it is a brand new instance).

I do understand though, it is hard to find the right guild. When they are doing PVE runs, they don't need a lot of people. So what happens is the more experienced players team up and the lesser experience players struggle through the same content due to a lack of leadership.

And some guilds have hundreds of players. It is the only way to gain control of a planet. You just become a name in a long roster count.

Then some focus more on PVP. And if this is not your cup of tea, then you are sitting there wondering when something will come up that you can get more involved in.

Or take a break from the game for a week or two and you find yourself guildless. Purged in a random house cleasing of inactive players.

And then of course you have the guilds that just collapse on themselves. Senior guild leaders take a break and people leave a guild thinking it has disolved due to recent inactivity.

Play a minority faction on a low volume server, and you will face all these issues and then some. There are times I do think this game is truly dying and the issues with guilds is just a symptom of this.

I was a in a somewhat similar situation until late last year, when I found my current guild. It's not that we don't do the things above, but we don't pressure anyone to do what they don't want. If you're interested in ops, you let someone know and the senior members tend to help greatly with those unfamiliar with op mechanics (trust me, I know, I never did ops until a month ago). If you want to do conquest, you do it; if not, you don't. If you want to chat while you're running class quests / dailies / whatever, there's always folks around to just chat. If you want to pvp or join the Friday group for opvp, do it; if not, don't :)

My point is, there are guilds out there that fit what you describe. It's hard to find them, but they do exist.

If you happen to be on PoT5, shoot me a PM if you're interested in checking us out. If not, I wish you luck in your search. I told myself I would never join a guild again, but now I'm glad I reneged on that promise!

If you are feeling left out of content, and want to participate in it ... you should take the time to a.) gear up for the content and b.) do your homework to learn the mechanics of each fight as best you can.

Not trying to be harsh or judgmental, but you do have some responsibility for your gaming enjoyment.

The ops team I run with gives a run-down of every fight before the fight no matter how many times we have done it. I can't imagine that no other team does this.

Your best bet is to go to your server's guild forum and put out there what you are looking for, what your in-game strengths and weaknesses are and choose from the options presented to you.

Hi,

As others have previously said, knowing what server you are on would help.

You have said what you DO NOT want from a guild, but decide what you DO want. Then post in fleet chat and/or your server forum. If you see a guild advert in fleet chat stating their ops progression etc, then they are likely a hardcore raiding guild. Either you could learn about the raids and gear up accordingly or ignore that side of the game. It is up to you.

You would probably be suited to either a small new guild that doesn't raid (but beware that many new guilds do not last long) or a huge guild where people do many different things (but beware that you will probably be just another number to them). Without knowing what you DO want from a guild and what server you are on, it is difficult to help you.

Regards,

Afraid I am going to have to speak counter to everyone else in the thread.

I have been unguided since the day this game launched and will remain that way. I have no problem with socializing or getting a feeling of community, I just politely decline requests to join some random guild or flat out decline the pop ups when they show up.

Do not feel pressured to join a guild at all. There is no requirement to especially if you have no desire for raiding. You will not be missing anything of any real substance. Make friends on your server and just enjoy yourself.

Knowing what server you are on is step 1 to helping you. Step 2 is clicking my guilds website link in my signature. We are casual but have members that do everything. Nothing is forced or required.

Same. I run two such casual guilds (one on each side). ;)

They're actually becoming hubs for people just like the OP (and myself!).