So Bioware, about people bypassing the locked part on Ziost to fight the OP Boss etc.

MeNaCe-NZ

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less if anyone is punished. Why? I'm not one of those self righteous hypocrites who enjoy public executions. Everyone should just let BW deal with the issue and not worry about what happens to your fellow gamers, guilty or not.

Well, I care, so neener neener neener. I get what I want and you don't. So there.

Yes it's easy to find for those of us who come to the forums but sadly for ever one of us that reads the forums there are 10 at minimum who don't. :(

I agree it is sad that the other players don't take an interest in the state of the game. I was just pointing out that the important stuff is all on one page. I do think that it would be nice if the info was posted as a popup when you log in but how many times do people just ignore the text of a popup click ok and move on? Even with that in place BW would still get the "I didn't know" excuses from players.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to pass on one more update before we go into the weekend. In looking at our data, since we actioned players yesterday for exploiting we have had no additional players exploit since then. It is a great sign that, for the time being, use of the exploit has completely stopped. We will continue to monitor throughout the weekend and take action against any further exploitation.

We want to thank all of you who have steered clear of that area and continue to play the game in a fair and respectful way. I will give you one final update regarding the exploit on Monday. Thanks!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey folks,

I wanted to pass on one more update before we go into the weekend. In looking at our data, since we actioned players yesterday for exploiting we have had no additional players exploit since then. It is a great sign that for the time being, use of the exploit has completely stopped. We will continue to monitor throughout the weekend and take action against any further exploitation.

We want to thank all of you who have steered clear of that area and continue to play the game in a fair and respectful way. I will give you one final update regarding the exploit on Monday. Thanks!

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric and have a great weekend.

Hey folks,

I wanted to pass on one more update before we go into the weekend. In looking at our data, since we actioned players yesterday for exploiting we have had no additional players exploit since then. It is a great sign that for the time being, use of the exploit has completely stopped. We will continue to monitor throughout the weekend and take action against any further exploitation.

-eric

It's almost as if people are aware of the situation and are actually 'reacting' to the bans in a rational and reasonable way by not further exploiting.

Thanks for the updates, by the way.

It's almost as if people are aware of the situation and are actually 'reacting' to the bans in a rational and reasonable way by not further exploiting.

Thanks for the updates, by the way.

You stop talking crazy right now!

I just realized how easy you can get to the designated Landing Zone.... i don't know is it that the part that supposed to be locked, but it is the next part you are going it seems.

So you can get there simply by mistake or out of curiosity... so an in game warning would be welcome....

Or that they already got all the primary exploiters and that's keeping out all the people that they would have otherwise brought along for the ride.

Half empty / half full.

I just realized how easy you can get to the designated Landing Zone.... i don't know is it that the part that supposed to be locked, but it is the next part you are going it seems.

So you can get there simply by mistake or out of curiosity... so an in game warning would be welcome....

The "Landing Zone" is the current end area, where you can kill the ZX-1 walker to finish that achievement. This is not about getting to the "Landing Zone."

Very happy to see this handled so well. I would second the idea that an in-game note might help in the future. Maybe a community team note like the guild note when I log in? Or just an automatic message in the chat box or something like that?

I think this most recent update undercuts the notion of accidental discovery, I'm guessing there is little overlap between players that would find this boss, organize a group, kill it, but not read the forums or reddit or Twitter community...?

Very happy to see this handled so well. I would second the idea that an in-game note might help in the future. Maybe a community team note like the guild note when I log in? Or just an automatic message in the chat box or something like that?

I think this most recent update undercuts the notion of accidental discovery, I'm guessing there is little overlap between players that would find this boss, organize a group, kill it, but not read the forums or reddit or Twitter community...?

I agree.. would have been a PERFECT way to use that feature in game. LOGIN message states "DO NOT DO THIS...."

I have to say I'm impressed that BW has taken a solid stance on exploiting! Well done on the communications on this one and keep this type of updating going. It's a welcome change of pace. Now if we can just get CS some more help and decrease wait times / run-arounds.. would be even better experience.

Hey folks,

I wanted to pass on one more update before we go into the weekend. In looking at our data, since we actioned players yesterday for exploiting we have had no additional players exploit since then. It is a great sign that, for the time being, use of the exploit has completely stopped. We will continue to monitor throughout the weekend and take action against any further exploitation.

-eric

Wow...great information Eric. Thank you for being so transparent with this issue.

Hey folks,

-eric

I have two questions for you, Eric, Why haven't you taken out all the gear from Ravagers Exploit? There are lot of people with crazy amount of 198 gear without clearing HM. Second, did you take measures to remove 204 Mainhand gear from the people who already exploited or is it just a worthless ban?:rak_02:

I have two questions for you, Eric, Why haven't you taken out all the gear from Ravagers Exploit? There are lot of people with crazy amount of 198 gear without clearing HM. Second, did you take measures to remove 204 Mainhand gear from the people who already exploited or is it just a worthless ban?:rak_02:

This exploit was caught quick. Meaning that they had a very short list of people that had abused it, so it was relatively simple to remove the gear and achieves and comms.

The Ravagers thing went on for several weeks, right from launch. By the time that they decided to come down and punish people, thousands of characters had all kinds of new gear, achieves, mounts and schematics.

So, it was probably just not worth the trouble to go and try and sort out what achieves and gear and kills and schematics were legit and which ones came about from the exploit.

there are laws against jaywalking?

do you know what i'm not doing right now?

staring out my window trying to take pictures of jaywalkers because i have nothing better to do with my time and energy

Wow it took you 29 pages to start trolling a exploit thread.....your slipping Pagy :cool:

They stated yesterday that the gear would be removed this time around. They didn't explain why though.

Cause BiS weapon must drop from next tier of opses not just silly instanced wb? Just imagine Golden Fury drom MH

You really should create a thread for that issue and stop trying to deal with it here.

This thread is simply about the exploit. The existence of loot on a World Boss that is better than HM Ops drops is an issue that deserves some thought and discussion, but you are choosing the wrong thread to do that within.

Edited by Orizuru

Cause BiS weapon must drop from next tier of opses not just silly instanced wb? Just imagine Golden Fury drom MH

Fair point but since we don't know what is around the bend for this game the dev team may have crunched the numbers and found that the next content they drop won't be able to be completed without the 204 MH. I'm personally going to take a wait and see approach to this.

Fair point but since we don't know what is around the bend for this game the dev team may have crunched the numbers and found that the next content they drop won't be able to be completed without the 204 MH. I'm personally going to take a wait and see approach to this.

Taking a wait and see approach is a wise thing to do with anything relating to SWTOR to be completely honest. :cool:

Now if you will remove this 204 bs everyone will be happy

This is totally a non-issue for most players, including many of those that have completed the existing HMs to enjoy and overcome the challenge itself.

If you only feel good about yourself and your accomplishments based on the gear you obtained, and knowing no one else has access to similar or better gear through other activities, then you are one sad individual.

Now an actual issue I feel the new Ops boss has highlighted is the lack of visibility in Bioware's plans and timetable for future Operations content, be that adding a NiM for the existing Operations or adding new multi-boss progression based Operations.