Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware. Why are Cantina Event code items bound?

DarthVengeant

I got the code from a guild member who attended the event. So, I open the little box to get the mount and the extra rewards. What do I get? Items (dyes, xp boosts, etc) that are BOUND to that character. :mad:

Why are the dyes and xp boosts you get BOUND? What exactly is the purpose of making those bound? I really fail to see the logic in that. I can't use XP boosts on my 10 lvl 60 characters. I have no use for a white green dye (or any other color) on my Sorc. Etc, etc. This is frankly ridiculous and honestly a waste of a reward.

Please. Change these Cantina Code rewards to not be bound. I haven't opened any more (still have 18 more to open) because I don't want this stuff BOUND and essentially useless. Thanx.

Edited by DarthVengeant

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because people could a ridiculous amount of money from the potentially rare items they can acquire from the crate that they can create endlessly by creating and deleting characters constantly. I'm sure people would love to sell the Mandalore statue, an irradiated varactyl or black and black dye that they got for nothing for. Edited by Nickious

Maybe because people could a ridiculous amount of money from the potentially rare items they can acquire from the crate that they can create endlessly by creating and deleting characters constantly. I'm sure people would love to sell the Mandalore statue, an irradiated varactyl or black and black dye that they got for nothing for.

But things like xp boosts or even dyes have no use on lvl 60's and character's you aready have dyed, etc. So, I am honestly getting garbage I can't do anything with.

This is ridiculous. Honestly. This obviously was a last minute thing they thought up.

And the Mandalore Statue will be obtained in 3.2. Check dulfy out yourself.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I got the code from a guild member who attended the event. So, I open the little box to get the mount and the extra rewards. What do I get? Items (dyes, xp boosts, etc) that are BOUND to that character. :mad:

Why are the dyes and xp boosts you get BOUND? What exactly is the purpose of making those bound? I really fail to see the logic in that. I can't use XP boosts on my 10 lvl 60 characters. I have no use for a white green dye (or any other color) on my Sorc. Etc, etc. This is frankly ridiculous.

Please. Change these Cantina Code rewards to not be bound. I haven't opened anymore (still have 18 more to open) because I don't want this stuff BOUND and essentially useless. Thanx.

Because if they weren't you could just keep making an unlimited number of them (create new character, get mail, pass it on to you main, delete character, rinse and repeat) and sell them. Even if they were Legacy Bound you could just keep making new alts until you get a ton of items. This removes the incentive to create-and-delete indefinitely.

Because if they weren't you could just keep making an unlimited number of them (create new character, get mail, pass it on to you main, delete character, rinse and repeat) and sell them. Even if they were Legacy Bound you could just keep making new alts until you get a ton of items. This removes the incentive to create-and-delete indefinitely.

They could have made it all LEGACY BOUND so people could actually USE this stuff.

So because of a few stupid people that will misuse it this "reward" is wasted. Make everyone else suffer because of a few idiots. Typical.

Got it. What a waste of a reward. :mad:

Why are the dyes and xp boosts you get BOUND? What exactly is the purpose of making those bound? I really fail to see the logic in that. I can't use XP boosts on my 10 lvl 60 characters. I have no use for a white green dye (or any other color) on my Sorc. Etc, etc. This is frankly ridiculous.

Please. Change these Cantina Code rewards to not be bound. I haven't opened any more (still have 18 more to open) because I don't want this stuff BOUND and essentially useless. Thanx.

I think the answer to your question is quite obvious..

I made a new alt yesterday, and in the short time I was there swapping out some gear, the constant stream of newborns flowing out the door and then just vanishing after opening the boxes was a good hint. :D

They could have made it all LEGACY BOUND so people could actually USE this stuff.

So because of a few stupid people that will misuse it this "reward" is wasted. Make everyone else suffer because of a few idiots. Typical.

Give players something for free, watch them complain that you didn't give them unlimited free stuff. This makes White Knights look like they have a point when they go on "this is why we can't have nice things" tirades.

Even if they were Legacy Bound, you would have the ability to make unlimited items for free, the market for dyes and XP boosts would instantly vanish completely - that is not the intent of the promotion.

You got a free scratch-off ticket, sometimes you win $5 off of it, sometimes you win $1,000, and sometimes you get nothing. You're either no worse off or you're coming out ahead because it was free.

Edited by DarthDymond

I feel your pain. I was thinking the same thing. I got a lovely pink/purple dye, but the toon that got it, wouldn't use it in a million years. I can understand them not wanting people to sell the rewards, but certainly making them legacy bound would be helpful. Then my noobies could have the xp, and my crazy pink loving agent could have the dye.

Please consider making the rewards for legacy use...

Thanks, and thanks for the stuff regardless. It was nice getting that speeder. :)

Its not the same statue. The one from the Cantina is "First Grand Statue of Mandalore"

The one sold in the packs is the "Second Grand Statue of Mandalore"

Check Dulfy out yourself.

Edited by Nickious

For the record I got a BtL pet on one of my characters.

So they could do BtL. I honestly think its interesting that they did that. Its nice, because what if I wanted that pet on another toon (and I did). But then again, what if I wanted that toon to have green-white armor and not the others?

Some things should be BtL and some shouldn't. XP boosts are a definite NO to BtL. Sorry if you get them on a 60. We'll have 65s someday. But infinite xp boosts is a bad idea.

But I think the dyes could be BtL.

Thats all I've seen so far, dyes pets and XP boosts. (Ironically I got the XP boost on a toon I created with the intention of deleting. I wanted to see if new toons would get it.)

But things like xp boosts or even dyes have no use on lvl 60's and character's you aready have dyed, etc. So, I am honestly getting garbage I can't do anything with.

This is ridiculous. Honestly. This obviously was a last minute thing they thought up.

IT'S FRIGGIN FREE STUFF....................QUIT COMPLAINING!!!!

I swear, people will complain about the stupidest crap.

For the record I got a BtL pet on one of my characters.

So they could do BtL. I honestly think its interesting that they did that. Its nice, because what if I wanted that pet on another toon (and I did). But then again, what if I wanted that toon to have green-white armor and not the others?

Some things should be BtL and some shouldn't. XP boosts are a definite NO to BtL. Sorry if you get them on a 60. We'll have 65s someday. But infinite xp boosts is a bad idea.

But I think the dyes could be BtL.

Thats all I've seen so far, dyes pets and XP boosts. (Ironically I got the XP boost on a toon I created with the intention of deleting. I wanted to see if new toons would get it.)

Pet who is BtL is prefectly OK because you can use it once on each char you have and you are DONE. But if you could get unlimited number of dyes. No-one would buy dyes from CM and it is not what they want.

With this free unlimited reward. BtL can only by items that you can use ONCE per character. Others items have to be BoP because it would ruin their market section.

Give players something for free, watch them complain that you didn't give them unlimited free stuff. This makes White Knights look like they have a point when they go on "this is why we can't have nice things" tirades.

Even if they were Legacy Bound, you would have the ability to make unlimited items for free, the market for dyes and XP boosts would instantly vanish completely - that is not the intent of the promotion.

You got a free scratch-off ticket, sometimes you win $5 off of it, sometimes you win $1,000, and sometimes you get nothing. You're either no worse off or you're coming out ahead because it was free.

People already are creating mass amounts of toon's to get the rare drops. So, how is how they did this solve or stop the exploit? It isn't. They are still doing it.

We could have nice things and we should. We shouldn't all have to have limitations on us because a few people are exploiting this. It's simple to solve, anyone making more than 5 toons in a 24hr period should be punished. Simple solution. That would stop alot of the exploit and remove the restriction so EVERYONE can enjoy the rewards PROPERLY.

What exactly do you to with lvl 60 toons who get the xp boost? Nothing. What exactly do you do with the bound dye you get when your toon is already geared out like you want it (and get dyes you have zero like for)? Nothing. You vendor them for 200 credits. They might as well have just given us a credit box, I'd have been much happier with that. Ya, it was "free" but it was implemented very poorly. I opened 21 boxes and got nothing but XP boosts and dyes, thats it. Dyes and Xp boosts I can do nothing with. None of it was used or could be used. It was an utter waste, and you clearly dont understand the valid complaint here.

So, say you go to Mc Donalds and they say "Hey, you get a free cheeseburger". And you are thinking to yourself, cool, thanx. But gues what? There is no bun, no ketchup, and no pickles. Are you enjoying your "free" burger now? No. Same thing here. Free doesn't mean it is worth a d**m if you can't do anything but vendor the free items.

You just don't get it.

IT'S FRIGGIN FREE STUFF....................QUIT COMPLAINING!!!!

I swear, people will complain about the stupidest crap.

And you CLEARLY don't get it either. My "complaint" is very valid. I am a paying sub of many years in this game, I'll "complain" (VOICE MY OPINION AND CONCERN) all I freakin' want to pal. It's called FEEDBACK, yet another thing you and many other people clearly don't understand.

Edited by DarthVengeant

People already are creating mass amounts of toon's to get the rare drops. So, how is how they did this solve or stop the exploit? It isn't. They are still doing it.

We could have nice things and we should. We shouldn't all have to have limitations on us because a few people are exploiting this. It's simple to solve, anyone making more than 5 toons in a 24hr period should be punished. Simple solution. That would stop alot of the exploit and remove the restriction so EVERYONE can enjoy the rewards PROPERLY.

What exactly do you to with lvl 60 toons who get the xp boost? Nothing. What exactly do you do with the bound dye you get when your toon is already geared out like you want it (and get dyes you have zero like for)? Nothing. You vendor them for 200 credits. They might as well have just given us a credit box, I'd have been much happier with that. Ya, it was "free" but it was implemented very poorly. I opened 21 boxes and got nothing but XP boosts and dyes, thats it. Dyes and Xp boosts I can do nothing with. None of it was used or could be used. It was an utter waste, and you clearly dont understand the valid complaint here.

So, say you go to Mc Donalds and they say "Hey, you get a free cheeseburger". And you are thinking to yourself, cool, thanx. But gues what? There is no bun, no ketchup, and no pickles. Are you enjoying your "free" burger now? No. Same thing here. Free doesn't mean it is worth a d**m if you can't do anything but vendor the free items.

You just don't get it.

And you CLEARLY don't get it either. My "complaint" is very valid. I am a paying sub of many years in this game, I'll "complain" (VOICE MY OPINION AND CONCERN) all I freakin' want to pal. It's called FEEDBACK, yet another thing you and many other people clearly don't understand.

The 'exploit' they're most worried about isn't that people are going after the rare items like the Mandalore Statue by making a bunch of toons, it's that if you could freely keep generating as many dyes, xp boosts, etc. as you want and could move them between your toons, then it would completely torpedo the market for those types of items.

If they took the "Punish people for making [x] number of toons in [y] number of hours" approach, then we'd suddenly be in a situation where BW is having to take action against accounts - why should they want that to be part of this scenario at all? This way everyone gets prizes, how good those prizes are is up to the RNG gods, but nobody is getting banned or suspended or even warned. That is a much better situation overall then it would be if we had people getting disciplinary action taken against their accounts, which would suddenly be the headline takeaway from the whole thing instead of "look free stuff".

You can claim that this is analogous to getting a cheeseburger with no bun all you want, that's your right as a player and subscriber on these forums, but it seems a lot more like you got a free cheeseburger and you're complaining that it's not a free Big Mac.

You got something for free that turned out to be no good for you, I bet there are a lot of people who're looking at that pink speeder and thinking that's just as useless to them as those XP Boosts are to your level 60 characters - but it cost you absolutely nothing, it was a giveaway, you didn't even have to go to the Event it was part of to get it. Stop and think for a second about the fact that you are acting pissed off over getting something for free.

Heck, it's not even like BW overhyped it this time around, if they even did that much then maybe people would have grounds to say they had been led on and gotten their hopes up.

Edited by DarthDymond

None of it was used or could be used. It was an utter waste, and you clearly dont understand the valid complaint here.

You've gained a speeder and lost absolutely nothing. Could BioWare have implemented the "extra" gift we got in the packs a little bit better by making the item BoL? Absolutely.

My thought on it is this though, I didn't attend the cantina (different country / continent, because they only seem to like the USA since 2013 :rolleyes:), so I expected nothing. Instead, they've come up with a way to give us ALL something from the cantina events, for free, with no strings attached.

That's a good thing.

Equally, from the way it was said on the livestream about this little promo, I only assumed I would be getting a free speeder if I managed to get a working code (which I had doubts on in the first place). So giving us the chance to win something extra that may / may not be useful?

That's a good thing.

If I wanted to get the statue I suppose I could waste a few weeks of my life creating / deleting toons. Considering the drop rate seems to be on par with that now useless CSM. Again though, it's free and an additional thing I wasn't expecting.

I understand your complaint about the extra not being BoL, I just think it's slightly ungrateful all things considered.

anyone making more than 5 toons in a 24hr period should be punished. Simple solution.

That is not a simple solution. Bioware is not stupid (I hope) they already know that if they allow a new box on each new character players would create new ones. The problem is that the statue is extremely rare and has made players go crazy creating new characters over and over again like busy little bees.

The ones spending hours getting the statue are probably those that spend alot of cash getting new decorations from the cartel market, it would hurt their business to drive those players away.

Besides the discussions regarding players creating new characters has been around since the code launched so it is known, if they want to punish players for creating new characters only for searching for a decoration this game has really fallen far. My theory is that they wanted to boost characters created statistics by implementing this.

Edited by Icestar

Maybe because people could a ridiculous amount of money from the potentially rare items they can acquire from the crate that they can create endlessly by creating and deleting characters constantly. I'm sure people would love to sell the Mandalore statue, an irradiated varactyl or black and black dye that they got for nothing for.

speeder bound...fine.

rest needs to be bound to Legacy.

if they could make the droid BoL then rest of it should be also.

Even 5 toons every 24 hours will become quite a lot of XP and Dyes. Given XP and Dyes are something they try to sell on the Cartel Market, making them so easily available for free will surely lower the amount of sales, especially something as pricey as the Black/Black dye.

What exactly do you to with lvl 60 toons who get the xp boost? Nothing. What exactly do you do with the bound dye you get when your toon is already geared out like you want it (and get dyes you have zero like for)? Nothing.

Nothing yet. Other pieces of armor will show up where those dyes might fit, and some day lvl 60 might not be level cap anymore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.