Your characters' views on The Force and the Jedi and Sith Codes

ColaWindstar

As the title says, I'm curious what views your characters have on the nature of The Force as well as the Jedi and Sith codes? This goes doubly so for characters who are not force users themselves.

For example, one of my characters speculate The Force is alive and bound to the universe via its users, and thus manipulates its users into destroying one another for its potential freedom.

Another sort of sees at least the first part of the Sith code as correct, "peace is a lie, a very important one we must believe in everyday"

Nifty idea.

My neutral Agent considers the Force to be a dangerous weapon, especially since others can use it and he cannot. Its use is what's given the Sith the ability to rule over the entire Empire despite generally being a group of colossal imbeciles. People who would be better suited to rule are cast aside simply because they can't wield it.

My Dark Side Jedi Guardian views the Force to be a tool. It isn't alive and it doesn't have desires or feelings. It's simply something to be used to bring order and justice to the galaxy along with guns, starships, and soldiers.

Both feel the platitudes of the Jedi and Sith are just words. From KoTOR to SWTOR, Jedi and Sith alike are always super impressed whenever anyone is able to recite the four or five lines of poetry. Trainers will think you're destined to be the next space Jesus if you can remember them.

For the most part?

Well, I don't have my Jedi consider the so-called 'old code'. To them, it'd be like an American patriot adhering to the original guiding rules of the USA.

You know, the Articles of Confederation.

Kinda why I roll my eyes at those that follow the old one. I get if you don't like the current one, but, well, it IS the current one, try to work with it please...

To them, though, the "There is no X, there is Y" code isn't an expectation about how Jedi will act. Maybe some do, sure. But to them, its meant as a goal, an ideal that few may reach, but all should try to. No one can eschew all emotion or passion, no matter how much they might try. No one can know everything about everything, so ignorance is inevitable. And a complete lack of chaos is about as possible as a perfect, mile long cube of marble without a single smudge, nick or dent.

Its something to strive for, a reminder of the direction you should be taking, not something you'll ever reach.

As for my Sith?

She's one of the many, many sorcerers and assassins that were former slaves... and to her, the Sith Code is eyerolling nonsense up until the end, which she reveres: "Through victory, my chains are broken, the Force shall set me free".

Edited by Kyrrant

Wow, this wound up being longer than I thought:

My Sith Sorcerer is a true believer in the Sith Code, but does not believe that passion and embracing one's strength automatically lead to evil acts - he far too pragmatic to think that the Dark Side is all about hedonistic, instant gratification. But, to use Anakin's words in RotS, he does think inward, only about himself. While he does often care about others, it's only to the extent that feeling that connection / compassion gives him a sense of pleasure.

His personal sense of morality is divorced from concerns of the Force. He is supremely arrogant, and believes it is right for the strong to rule over / dominate the weak, in keeping with the heart of Sith teachings - it's just that once one has that power and authority, it is up to the individual to decide whether to rule cruelly and capriciously, or compassionately and benevolently, or somewhere in between - based strictly based on their own personal preferences. His preferences tend towards the pragmatic, and although he is perfectly willing to be merciless if the situation calls for it (with no regrets or second thoughts afterwards), he does not care to be cruel for cruelty's sake.

In the end, he believes that the Force is a tool, something to be subjugated like a beast of burden - one should only 'listen' to the Force as a means to gain information that they can use to further their own goals. The 'will' of the Force, if there even is such a thing, is something to be tamed, not obeyed. Lana Beniko's phrase "May the Force serve you well" particularly resonates with his view of it.

My Sith Juggernaut thinks the Force is nothing more than a tool, but without realizing it has actually fallen significantly under the Dark Side's influence. He revels in the strength provided by the Dark Side, it is like a drug to an extent he simply does not recognize. He has followed the Sith Code, relying on his passions to gain strength, but he has done so to the extent that he is now largely a slave to those passions. To get his 'fix' he is perfectly willing to commit heinous acts, and he believes that any hesitation to do so would be an act of weakness. He thinks that the Force is just something he uses, without being aware of how much his addiction to it actually influences and directs his own thoughts and actions.

The main exception to his general embrace of violence and cruelty (and this Dark Side 'fix' they give him) is that he fell in love with Vette (or as close to love as someone so dominated by negative emotions can be). Sometimes his 'passions' relating to her (not necessarily in an exclusively carnal sense, also in the sense that her being happy gives him pleasure) sometimes outweigh his passion for violence. So, at times, she can act as something of a morality chain.

He is also smart and cunning enough to recognize that sometimes manipulation or subtlety are simply far more effective as a means to his goals than overt violence or wholesale slaughter would be, but due to his Dark Side addiction he defaults to 'the direct approach' and will only go for a more restrained course of action when it is drastically more effective to do so. He doesn't realize it, but the Dark Side has definitely put a thumb on the scale when he weighs his options.

My Jedi Sentinel is a firm believer in following the Light Side of the Force and in the underlying tenants of the Jedi Code. He believes the Jedi and the Republic are ultimately sources of good for the Galaxy (especially contrasted with the Sith and their Empire) and so he has dedicated himself to protecting them. However, he has come to a point where he tries not to do so blindly - serving the Force is ultimately his guiding principle, and if he thinks an action or order from the Republic, or even from the Jedi Order itself, is in conflict with the Light Side of the Force, then his loyalty to the Force will trump his loyalty to either organization.

As he fell in love with Kira, went through the experience at the end of Chapter 2, and has spent time with Lord Scourge as an ally, he has been more and more willing to take a critical look at the Jedi Order, and how well they are living up to their ideals. He is still loyal to them, and believes the good vastly outweighs any problems there may be in the Order, but he is not dogmatic in his acceptance of their decisions. He would never turn his back on the Jedi, but he would be willing to take steps to reform the Order from within if he believed it necessary to serving the Force itself. The will of the Force is sacrosanct to him, the Jedi Order's interpretation of that will, while most often correct, is not infallible.

My Mercenary has seen the powers of the Force in action, so he is certainly no skeptic as to its existence, but he has never had an interest in considering whether it has a 'will' or the moral implications of the Light Side vs the Dark Side, etc.

He lives by his own code, which over time has developed into what could actually be called a code of honor, but he does not base that code or his sense of right and wrong on the Force or any other external authority. It's not that he thinks that questions of the Force and its nature are pointless or trivial, it's just that the more pressing concerns of his own life keep him busy enough that he doesn't personally have time to delve into those questions.

tl;dr: Sorc = The Force is a tool one should master. Jugg = Thinks the Force is a tool but is addicted to the Dark Side. Sent = the will of the Light Side should be followed above all else. Merc = the Force is someone else's problem to worry about.

Edited by DarthDymond

My Jedi Knight and Consular both have a very similar idea of the force. They see it very similar to the Ideas of Zen Buddhism and Taoism. Everything is connected on such an intimate level that we have to stop thinking about just ourselves and must rather see ourselves as simply part of a greater whole. In order to reach a state of "naturalness" (the Taoist term... the Zen Buddhist would call it the "Buddha nature" but it amounts to the same thing) they must free themselves from selfishness and obsessions (not love. Here I do not mean specifically romantic love but rather the "love of your fellow man" kinda love. Without this kind of love I feel the compassion a Jedi shows would be impossible)

The closer they get to this state the more the barriers between them and the rest of the Force dissolve. In the context of Star Wars I see the state of naturalness as simply not only acknowledging but making quite real the full connection of the self with the Living Force. If either was ever to reach a true state of naturalness they would not be able to tell where their self ended and where the force began.

They see the paths to this goal in very different ways though.

My Consular does this through meditation, contemplation and attempting connect mentally in a very real way with the force (read Sage). He believes that in deepening the connection with the world around him he thus progresses towards unity with the Living Force. He also believes that one must act with the same due deliberation and only after much contemplation that one would use while communing with the Living Force.

He would have said " Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter." 3000 years before Yoda.

The Jedi Knight believes that focusing only on the mental and spiritual connection is insufficient. The body is also connected to the force, thus to be able to truly reach the state of naturalness one must not only perfect the mind, but also the body. Even this is not enough. When this is done you must then make the mind and body one so that in the end there is not thought and then action...thought and action are one and the same.

He might say when asked, how does one find unity with the force? "you can not find unity with the Force until you first find unity of the self." He believes that as you progress one should still find one's self meditating and contemplating yourself and the Force BUT that direct action in regards to the world around you should become more and more instinctive. This is because he believes that as you progress towards a greater unity with the force the events around you and the actions required to address these events should become more and more self-evident. I think he and Qui-Gon Jin would have gotten along famously.

As such my JK lives very much in the moment. He knows he will die as all things do and when his time comes he will welcome it as he becomes one with the Force. A good motto for him would likely be from "The Last Samurai"

"Like these blossoms, we are all dying. To know life in every breath, every cup of tea, every life we take." That is the way of a Jedi Knight.... so speaketh Master Ven'toux D'Lombardia, Battlemaster of the Jedi Order ;)

You would see one obvious difference between the two. While they both practice all kinds of mediation you will more often find my Sage doing "Empty Meditation" (picture lotus position) where as my JK more often will be found performing Moving Meditation (picture Tai-Chi)

Edited by Ghisallo

For the most part?

Well, I don't have my Jedi consider the so-called 'old code'. To them, it'd be like an American patriot adhering to the original guiding rules of the USA.

You don't know the Lore of the "new code" then. The entire reaso the "new code" was written is because, as Odan-Urr said...

Certainly a Jedi should know the Code, by word and by heart. But every Jedi is in some fashion negligent, from the lowest Padawan to the highest Master. Consequently, were some to demand, 'What is the true meaning of the Jedi Code?' the Jedi who promptly answered would be rare indeed.

The point of the rewrite was because some asked....does it mean the two are equal? No it does not. It means to keep the emotion, passion, chaos, what have you, under your control. You are to master yourself.

You are trying to apply a literal translation to a metaphysical text. It is not nor has it ever been in any source book or Canon been interpreted in the blatantly literal fashion that you chose to use. I used the "original code" in an, apparently, unsuccessful attempt to get you to break out of your mistake interpretation. Like any spiritual text if you do not look at the original you can not understand the meaning of the new. When looking at the Jedi and the Jedi code you have to think spiritually, less literally.

I even gave you the specific definitions for the New Code from the Jedi Way source book which agrees with my point...BUT you either missed the significance of it or ignored it...still not sure which. That's cool for your "head canon" but it is NOT EU Canon.

Again these are the definitions from THE source book on the Jedi...

There is no emotion, there is peace. This principle guides all meditations and interactions with all others. it reaffirs the Jedi ideal to act without recklessness, and to view the actions of others through the pure lens of the unifying force.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Those who don't understand this basic precept are quick to fear--and fear is the path to the dark side.

There is no passion, there is serenity. A subtle extrapolation of the first precept, this reminder to act dispassionately in every deliberation extends to personal obsessions and is a reminder not to elevate the self above the mission.

There is no chaos, there is harmony. Those who cannot see the threads uniting all life view existence as random and without purpose. The Jedi perceive the structure and will of the many galaxies.

There is no death, there is the Force. All things die, but the Force lives on. As beings who exist as shades of the Force, the end of our existence in this form in not to be overly mourned. We are part of an energy larger than ourselves and we play roles in a cosmic fabric that outstrip our incarnate understanding.

You are right... it is an ideal and few will reach it. BUT the ideal you set is a bar set HIGHER than the mean of the Jedi code per the Source material. I get it. This contradicts the head Canon you have developed. If we are going to talking EU though... I'll use THEIR Canon when we talk about these things.

Edited by Ghisallo

You are right... it is an ideal and few will reach it. BUT the ideal you set is a bar set HIGHER than the mean of the Jedi code per the Source material. I get it. This contradicts the head Canon you have developed. If we are going to talking EU though... I'll use THEIR Canon when we talk about these things.

Please note the title of this thread, and that telling me that how MY CHARACTERS view the code is wrong is pretty douchey. Unless I'm mistaken, the change in the code happened several hundred years before TOR starts, so please forgive me for having my characters not follow the absolute, precise meaning as laid out by a long-dead person they never met and know only through stories.

Please note the title of this thread, and that telling me that how MY CHARACTERS view the code is wrong is pretty douchey. Unless I'm mistaken, the change in the code happened several hundred years before TOR starts, so please forgive me for having my characters not follow the absolute, precise meaning as laid out by a long-dead person they never met and know only through stories.

Okay my bad...I read what you posted as "since I don't consider this stuff personally IRL my character doesn't consider it to exist."

The thing is "The Jedi Way" is written, unlike other source books, as a Jedi "text book", quite literally something that Initiates are given at the Jedi Temple. It is written in the 2nd person, a Master " speaking" directly to the Initiate reading the book in this manner. It even has annotations because the copy in question was actually at one point owned by Yoda, then Thames, Dooku, Qui-Gon Jin, Kenobi, Anakin, Ashoka, Palpatine, then finally Luke in the margins like the test books I had in schools as a kid. It is also noted as a text being first written at least 1000 years prior.

So in referencing the book I am not talking about some " interpretation of the code by a guy I never met" but rather "okay as an initiate, before I even became a Padawan, this is what my Jedi was taught.". Also Odan-Urr is considered one of the most influential thinkers in the Jedi Orders history. He lived for over 1000 years, rewrote the code, was a Hero of the Great Hyperspace War and founded the Great Jedi Library of Issue, and lived long enough to be killed by Exar Kun when Kun started his Sith Empire.. He is kinda like Galahad, Socrates, Aristotle, St Augustine and Ben Franklin rolled into a Jedi who experienced over a millennia of Galactic life. If you were trained by the Jedi Order you not only know of Odan-Urr but have had him presented to you as one of the greatest shapers of the order.

Edited by Ghisallo

Everyone here has provided excellent and well thought out answers. You folks have put a lot of thought into this.

My (characters) belief in the force is completely lame in comparison but here it is:

My Jedi Guardian feels that the force is just a tool, nothing more nothing less. It obeys what he tells it to do and if not handled properly (like all tools) it can exact a toll. His strength in the force grows over time with practice and use, just like every other skill he learns.

His view on the Jedi Code is down right basic. The Code is more of a fallback position in times of doubt or confusion. He doesn't believe that the Jedi Council has the right to inspect his actions or to advise him in day to day life. He views himself more as a republic commando or agent. His skills and actions will be used to match the level of threat faced. DS points are perfectly acceptable if he feels its required. If he can be compassionate to an enemy without it backfiring, that's fine too. He doesn't have much use for the Jedi way of life and if forced, he will rescue 10 civilians before 10 fellow Jedi. They look forward to becoming one with the force anyways :)

My lvl 60 sith jug is lvl 5 LS, I can't explain that away, he rescues kittens while I'm AFK I suppose.

My Trooper: The Force is some mumbo jumbo that an antiquated order uses to justify why they do what they do. As for the Sith and Jedi... well they are the same thing as far as he is concerned.

My Agent: The Force is what fuel the Sith, yet the if the Sith could get their collective heads out of their arses, and let the Imperial Military do what they need to do, they could be winning the war, rather than fighting pointless internal power struggles.

My Warrior: The Force gives him power, he could care less about other Sith, he servers the Emperor, and only the Emperor.... though he does think he might have been better off not corrupting Jaesa, she is starting to be come more trouble then she is worth.

My Sith Assassin has been through light and dark. Being Miralukan he is aware of the force and thinks the force is him. The force is a sense. It is as much a limb as his arm and it is his sight. He believes the force is like this for everybody and follows his own moral compass. After his brush with the Dark Side he more fully recognised the force's power of will and he thinks of it more as a disobedient pet. He can tame it but it often causes mischief. Lightsaber combat is his main skill and he distrusts the force and uses it mainly as a supplement.

My Sith Sorcerer is insane. She was broken as a slave and went completely insane once she got force abilities. She isn't her any more. She is just the Dark Side. She is not even a person but a mad dog , drunk on the power of the Dark Side and the pleasure she gains from suffering , both of others and her own. Even her fellow Sith treat her as a mad dog to be put down and with the end of Chapter 3 she is mad with power as well. She worshps the dark side that has erased her persona.

My Marksmanship Sniper knows about the force. he can sense it and see with it being Miralukan (I know he's a sniper. Force Sight is superior to normal sight) and doesn't understand the emphasis others place on it. His experiences with the Sith and limited experiences with Jedi he has decided they are incompetent and the only reason they have any power is because of the force. their techniques he sees as an abomination compared to his experiences with it.

My Virulence Sniper sees the force as power. She recognises it's destructive power and compares the more arcane Sith techniques to poison which inspired her on her path. She originally tries to compare herself to sith but later grows to respect and even worship them and the force as gods. Like Xalek's quote "The Sith are like Gods who have not died". that's La'por's view on the force. She views Jedi as spoilt sheltered children who don't understand the gifts they have and that makes them weak.

My Powertech doesn't believe in the force. Period.

One thing on my Jedi I try to remember is that the 5 lines or so of the code is NOT the code. it's just basicly the opening Mantra. the code is absicly all the rules and regs jedi are asked to live by. basing your views of the entire jedi code off those 5 lines would be like basing your views of the US off the opening preamble of the US consisution

As the title says, I'm curious what views your characters have on the nature of The Force as well as the Jedi and Sith codes? This goes doubly so for characters who are not force users themselves.

For example, one of my characters speculate The Force is alive and bound to the universe via its users, and thus manipulates its users into destroying one another for its potential freedom.

Another sort of sees at least the first part of the Sith code as correct, "peace is a lie, a very important one we must believe in everyday"

Complicated question, but for my first post in 5 years, I feel this is the right place.

The Jedi and Sith codes are really Mantras, to help identify how to use the force in the force users particular focus. You can either use passion or calm to work the force. The mantras help instruct how to get to the best from the force.

I have noticed however with fan fiction this common idea of 'neutral' force user. I really think it is important to understand that is by far the hardest rout to power, and does not mean you can follow some other path for focus. It means being able to channel passion or a calm mind in moderation while channeling the force. The thing with the force it's like electromagnetic force it has polar opposites which strive for dominance. You can find a balance point between both, but one small step in either direction and the pull will bring you to a pole. Most do not have the strength in the force to change pole once you get there.

So with this I have to say my non-force user characters, tend toward neutral or chaotic good, and see the force as some type of magic used by special and lucky people.

My force using characters well I'll list each of them based on motivation.

My Marauder & Guardian are both Pure Blood Siths, they are both borderline lawful good. Yes making the devil into a saint is something I like in character development. They both follow the Jedi code, although my Marauder hides his calm nature through sarcasm and stern looks.

My Sorcerer is a Cathar she is a RP leveling challenge, RP and 100% pure darkside, she's very passionate and angry all the time. Although she feels Aliens can be true Sith. She is true to the Sith code. Because it was her path to freedom.

I do have a grey Jedi Consular, but she's weaker in the force because of it. She thinks of the Jedi code as something to try and obtain, just she is passionate and forgetful. (Grey Jedi by virtue of having an empty mind most of the time.)

Complicated question, but for my first post in 5 years, I feel this is the right place.

The Jedi and Sith codes are really Mantras, to help identify how to use the force in the force users particular focus. You can either use passion or calm to work the force. The mantras help instruct how to get to the best from the force.

I have noticed however with fan fiction this common idea of 'neutral' force user. I really think it is important to understand that is by far the hardest rout to power, and does not mean you can follow some other path for focus. It means being able to channel passion or a calm mind in moderation while channeling the force. The thing with the force it's like electromagnetic force it has polar opposites which strive for dominance. You can find a balance point between both, but one small step in either direction and the pull will bring you to a pole. Most do not have the strength in the force to change pole once you get there.

So with this I have to say my non-force user characters, tend toward neutral or chaotic good, and see the force as some type of magic used by special and lucky people.

My force using characters well I'll list each of them based on motivation.

My Marauder & Guardian are both Pure Blood Siths, they are both borderline lawful good. Yes making the devil into a saint is something I like in character development. They both follow the Jedi code, although my Marauder hides his calm nature through sarcasm and stern looks.

My Sorcerer is a Cathar she is a RP leveling challenge, RP and 100% pure darkside, she's very passionate and angry all the time. Although she feels Aliens can be true Sith. She is true to the Sith code. Because it was her path to freedom.

I do have a grey Jedi Consular, but she's weaker in the force because of it. She thinks of the Jedi code as something to try and obtain, just she is passionate and forgetful. (Grey Jedi by virtue of having an empty mind most of the time.)

The neutral force user is indeed difficult but may I refer you to http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Volume-Force-Storm/dp/1595829792

This actually does a darn good job of portraying the issue of "staying in balance" and then eventually leads to the schism between those who serve Ashla and those who serve Bogan. Ashla is actually NOT the name for the light side BUT for those of the Je'daii who went TOO far to the light. They were sent to Tython's moon Ashla to meditate on their mistake. To those who went too far to the dark. They were sent to Bogan (the moon that never saw the sun to meditate on the dark.

However by the time of Luke they thought that these were names for deities... especially because they could not conceive of a society where there was NO dark side or light side... there was simply the force.

Grey Jedi however does NOT refer to "neutral" force users, rather simply those who do not serve the Jedi way.

Example the Imperial Knights. The did not follow the Jedi Way BUT they did serve the Light. They were "gray" because their their philosophy as "we serve the emperor first not the force, BUT if the emperor goes to the dark side it is our duty to bring him back to the light side or remove him from power." \

So even though they cl;early hated the dark side, as they did not serve the force first, they were "gray" to the Jedi

Edited by Ghisallo

One thing on my Jedi I try to remember is that the 5 lines or so of the code is NOT the code. it's just basicly the opening Mantra. the code is absicly all the rules and regs jedi are asked to live by. basing your views of the entire jedi code off those 5 lines would be like basing your views of the US off the opening preamble of the US consisution

this is the truth.

Malgus perceives the Force as a source of conflict. Upon questioning from Eleena Daru, he pointed out that the Force has light side and dark side which supports his perception. The Jedi, in his opinion, understood the Force partially. He acknowledges that some of them are powerful in its use. However, he regards the Jedi as fools.

That's basically it :p

The neutral force user is indeed difficult but may I refer you to http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Volume-Force-Storm/dp/1595829792

This actually does a darn good job of portraying the issue of "staying in balance" and then eventually leads to the schism between those who serve Ashla and those who serve Bogan. Ashla is actually NOT the name for the light side BUT for those of the Je'daii who went TOO far to the light. They were sent to Tython's moon Ashla to meditate on their mistake. To those who went too far to the dark. They were sent to Bogan (the moon that never saw the sun to meditate on the dark.

However by the time of Luke they thought that these were names for deities... especially because they could not conceive of a society where there was NO dark side or light side... there was simply the force.

Grey Jedi however does NOT refer to "neutral" force users, rather simply those who do not serve the Jedi way.

Example the Imperial Knights. The did not follow the Jedi Way BUT they did serve the Light. They were "gray" because their their philosophy as "we serve the emperor first not the force, BUT if the emperor goes to the dark side it is our duty to bring him back to the light side or remove him from power." \

So even though they cl;early hated the dark side, as they did not serve the force first, they were "gray" to the Jedi

ahh eys, the jedi of old who served saw nothing wrong with using both sides...

ODDLY THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS ABOUT IT. GEE I WONDER WHY?

Leaving it just to my Darth Imperius for right now (maybe I'll get to the Wrath and the 2 Jedi later)... She finds that both the Jedi and Sith Codes have its flaws, and more notably, distorted interpretations. Those interpretations have devolved both entities to disastrous extremes.

The Force has a light side and a dark side, and both have their needed time and place.

Heh, I should probably write a fan fiction detailing her views on that sort of thing...

My LS Mercenary views the Jedi and Sith as two sides of the same coin. She views the Jedi as hypocrites that are complicit with and even a part of the endemic corruption that plagues the Republic. She at least respects the fact the Sith are more open about their desire for power and don't try to hide what the are, she is no fan of Imperial authoritarianism and considers the empire as nothing more than a source of bounty contracts. Her personal morals are pretty much based off the Mandalorian honor code and will generally allow her bounties an honorable fight (with the sole exception of Tarro Blood, she simply shot him in his cell because he had no honor to begin with).

My LS Vanguard generally likes the Jedi, but doesn't hold them in any special esteem. He despises the corruption within the republic and fights for the ideals that the republic was founded on. He despises the empire and has seen first hand what the empire does to planets that resist it. He will always do the right thing even if it goes against his orders.

My DS Operative has no loyalty to anyone but himself, he hates both the Jedi and Sith and takes particular pleasure in assassinating both. Throughout his career with intelligence he has always tried to undermine the Sith when he can get away with it.

My DS Marauder takes the sith code to heart and is always looking for ways to increase her power. She views most non-Sith as beneath her. She tolerates Vette because she is useful and did free Vette as a reward for her service.

My DS Sorcerer uses her power to seek revenge against those that would look down upon her because of her former slave status. She openly mocks those that would try to lord over her and revels in destruction for the sheer sake of destruction.

My neutral agent doesn't care about the code. He wants what's best for the people of the Empire. Usually that means taking out any over-inflated Sith egos, but sometimes he just does that for fun. Jedi he could care less about, he basically ignores the existence of the Republic unless they're in his way, then he just shoots them.

My DS sorc is having way too much fun popping eyeballs with the Force to care about either code. She's the elder daughter of the agent and Raina Temple and ended up a slave when things went south for them after the story line. As far as she is concerned the galaxy is her enemy and deserves suffering and death.

My neutral mara is the younger daughter and views people as means to an end. The Sith code is her way of life. As soon as something is no longer useful it is discarded. Not before, and not after. She is hoping to elevate herself merely for self-preservation, and as such will brown-nose any authority until she can defeat it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sith Juggernaught (DS): He uses the Sith Code and the dark side as a tool to aid him, fully immersing himself in order to bring victory to the empire. He is ruthless in battle and won't hesitate to cut down and destroy his enemies. Having said that though, he isn't strictly evil and sees bigger picture of things. He spared a Jedi on Hoth and when it came time to induct Jaesa into his crew, he convinced her to stay light side. He needed that balance to his dark side fueled fury and was also an opportunity to receive insight about the other side. Since becoming the Emperor's Wrath, he is concerned with the good of the empire rather than his own ambitions, seeing himself as a figurehead and hero to its citizens. He also values the Imperial Military. As with the campaign against Revan, the return of the Emperor has caused him to realize the value of putting aside his differences with the Jedi. He stood firmly with Darth Marr when the temporary alliance was made on Yavin. On Ziost, the Emperor's betrayal caused him to forge his hatred into a sharp edge which he will use to destroy his master. At this point however, he is not concerned with the Sith Code. He will do whatever it takes (including allying with Jedi) to stop the death of the galaxy.

Sith Sorceror (LS): As a half-breed Chiss, he knows of the pragmatism of his race despite being an outcast and as such, has used this philosophy to forge his goals. He feels the Sith Code has its merits but sees the disadvantages of its members drawing upon the dark side. It leads to infighting and is counter productive for the longevity of the Empire. Upon his coronation to the Dark Council, for his light sided philosophy, he will be gifted the name Darth Imperious.

Jedi Shadow (DS): She was intrigued with and decided to follow the teachings of Rejivari on Tython. Being over confident, she has embraced the use of her anger along with the Jedi Code. This however has made her ruthless and willing to kill her enemies including the Sith. She is by definition, a dark jedi.

Jedi Sentinel (LS): Light Side and follower of the Jedi Code.

Powertech (N): Not below sparing people but not above killing them either. The Sith are crazy but pay well.

Commando (LS): For the Republic. Pragmatic. Friend to the Order.

Sniper (LS): From the Chiss Ascendancy. Views the Sith has somewhat harmful in their current incarnation.

Scoundrel (N): "Jedi are cool I guess" and feels the Sith are going to spoil his fun, unless they are willing to deal.

Edited by Verloc_Krieg