The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

does any one else prefer the vanguard animations over PT

Only grudge i have with vanguards animations is Pulse Cannon and Mortar Volley coming from the rifle. ._.

Go back and play the Star Wars battlefront games. The empire-specific class "Dark Trooper" uses an Arc Caster as their weapon - basically an assault rifle that shoots lightning.

And mortar volley, just think of it as a grenade launcher.

The Vanguard animations are literally the only reason I don't want to level one up.

Is that bad to admit when I always say I "only care about operations"?

I kinda feel bad about it.

Could always use Galactic Starfighter to reach level 32 and then go Tactics from then on. At least that way you avoid the arc caster :p

Stockstrike is ok but PT`s having Quell makes up for that.

I never get tired of Rocket Punch it is glorious!:D

I would love it if they could program it so that if you kill some one with rocket punch it blows them back a few meters or launches them up with you

Pulse Cannon > Flame Thrower

Shockstrike >>> Flaming Fist

Flame Sweep > Explosive Surge

Death From Above > Mortar Volley

No, those are all wrong...

Flamethrower >>>>>>> Pulse Cannon

Flaming Fist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shockstrike

Flame Sweep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Explosive Surge

DFA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MV

Pulse Cannon > Flame Thrower

Shockstrike >>> Flaming Fist

Flame Sweep > Explosive Surge

Death From Above > Mortar Volley

No, those are all wrong...

Flamethrower >>>>>>> Pulse Cannon

Flaming Fist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shockstrike

Flame Sweep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Explosive Surge

DFA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MV

Heh, I think you're both wrong. :rak_04:

Rocket Punch = Shockstrike

Flame thrower > pulse cannon

Explosive surge > flame sweep

Mortar Volley > DFA (for me it's the throaty sound of MV I like far better than the pfff, pfff, pfff sound of DFA)

Riot gas >>>>>>>> oil slick

Jet charge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Storm. Is the VG tank competing in a high jump/track meet competition or are they an elite republic trooper? I really loath that silly looking, running start.

So yeah the "perfect" one for me would be a combo of the two.

Oh and the PT's jetpack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stupid gawdy backpack that seems forced on all the otherwise cool looking -signature- trooper armor.

Edited by Ridickilis

Sorry, the sacking of Coruscant video made me fall in love with PT animations. :S

For me, some of the vanguards animations don't seem to make sense with the weapon. Whereas it seems to flow seamlessly for a PT.

Sorry, the sacking of Coruscant video made me fall in love with PT animations. :S

For me, some of the vanguards animations don't seem to make sense with the weapon. Whereas it seems to flow seamlessly for a PT.

For me its vanguard. I just don't see how you can do all of that heavy weaponry damage with a gun lol..........

I admit some animation on PT are freaking awesome but damn handgun........... hell no

Edited by Cherepk

Well the PT uses the armor for most of the animations anyway, so in that respect I think it does work well, unless someone is wearing a slave bikini then I idk what to tell you hehe.

I was also reminded this weekend that; Energy blast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> heat blast. Another + in the VG pile for me. Heat blast has almost no animation, it's just a small round orange globe. Energy blast actually looks like a powerful shot.

WTB a set of Jace's armor. Why does he get to use the same armor I do minus the backpack? I get it, he's the leet commando and I'm just a scrub trooper next to him. IS THAT IT?!? :rak_04:

I think I would enjoy pulse cannon more if; a) the VG didn't slouch over so much when shooting it and b) if it was a more refined/concentrated animation. Flame thrower has the same range/cone but it's a much more streamlined animation (not so wide). If pulse cannon was more like a "concentrated" ion pulse, minus the lower back problem - slouching over- it would be a lot cooler for me.

For me its vanguard. I just don't see how you can do all of that heavy weaponry damage with a gun lol..........

I admit some animation on PT are freaking awesome but damn handgun........... hell no

Thats what I feel like the vanguard animations are like. How are you doing mortar volley with that weapon? Pulse cannon? The way the vanguard stands as they're about to do said skills doesnt seem to... "fit". The other vanguard skills make sense more or less, but those two just get to me. For a commando though, with that big clunky weapon of theirs...

In Blood Hunt cutscene when you meet Shae Vizla, the way shes nonchalantly shooting out flames, or in the Sacking of Coruscant video when the bounty hunter flies in to do Death fron Above, it all seems plausible as they arent using a gun but rather... their armor? Those wrist thingamabobs.

Edited by Abygale

Thats what I feel like the vanguard animations are like. How are you doing mortar volley with that weapon? Pulse cannon? The way the vanguard stands as they're about to do said skills doesnt seem to... "fit". The other vanguard skills make sense more or less, but those two just get to me. For a commando though, with that big clunky weapon of theirs...

In Blood Hunt cutscene when you meet Shae Vizla, the way shes nonchalantly shooting out flames, or in the Sacking of Coruscant video when the bounty hunter flies in to do Death fron Above, it all seems plausible as they arent using a gun but rather... their armor? Those wrist thingamabobs.

As much as I'd love to see Vanguards do some of the Bounty Hunter stuff with their armor, it won't happen. Troopers are supposed to be like those Republic soldiers from Star Wars - The Clone Wars. I wish they weren't, but they are...