The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Force storm still OP

Oginator

Me and my friend started leveling today, I'm playing a sin where my friend plays a sorc. She just force storms everything before I can get there and kills everything. And she's even level 13 while I'm 14. This is simply not acceptable. Please balance the game.

Well I suggest you to learn how play your MELEE class... Lear how to use such ability as force speed... or your own brain coz obviously you have no idea what are u talking about... U have no idea how to play assassin and already start crying to nerf FS. Dude if u haven't noticed this yet sorcs gets massive nerf sience this game started.

So short version... LEARN HOW TO PLAY YOUR DAMN CLASS AND STOP MOANING!!!

Me and my friend started leveling today, I'm playing a sin where my friend plays a sorc. She just force storms everything before I can get there and kills everything. And she's even level 13 while I'm 14. This is simply not acceptable. Please balance the game.

Um. sorry but they already cut the cast time on that ability in half and lowed its overall damage. Now try to image how OP is was before.

Edited by -PassingStar-

Well I suggest you to learn how play your MELEE class... Lear how to use such ability as force speed... or your own brain coz obviously you have no idea what are u talking about... U have no idea how to play assassin and already start crying to nerf FS. Dude if u haven't noticed this yet sorcs gets massive nerf sience this game started.

So short version... LEARN HOW TO PLAY YOUR DAMN CLASS AND STOP MOANING!!!

Useful tips only please, I don't have force speed at this level.

Edit : I got force speed now. But *** sorcs get force speed too... She gets into range with force speed before I can. AND FORCE STORM KILLS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Useful tips only please, I don't have force speed at this level.

Edit : I got force speed now. But *** sorcs get force speed too... She gets into range with force speed before I can. AND FORCE STORM KILLS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

okay. please, if you're not even at max level yet, don't moan about force storm. 0.o really, as a shadow you can wreck just about anyone if you play it right (./shudder those out of stealth stun and global x.x ) as for regular mobs..... well nothing weird with that. get faster or roll a ranged toon lol

Edited by Hichitsuki-hime

Like others have said at low level force storm is a good skill but at 60 it sucks the big one. Heard from others that it becomes the less viable skill at around lvl 40. There's no point complain about skills etc till you are more experienced with that class at higher to Max level.

Like others have said at low level force storm is a good skill but at 60 it sucks the big one. Heard from others that it becomes the less viable skill at around lvl 40. There's no point complain about skills etc till you are more experienced with that class at higher to Max level.

As someone who levelled both a Sorc and a Sin to 60 and is now levelling mirrors and two more of those same classes, I can say this: yes, at such low lvl FS is a bit OP. But that's because at that level most mobs are standards: you rarely, if ever, see strongs and elites thrown into a mob with standards. That changes as you proceed with content. That tactic above lvl 30, spamming AoEs, will be a sure recipe for repeated wipes. Always has been, always will be. :cool:

Once you got to that point, FS was the button you used to trigger the proc of Chain Lightning - if Lightning speeced Sorc - and usually let it tick once just because of that. The issue is, back before 3.0 you used to get FS at a much higher level than now - 38 or something like that, if I recall? Surely not before 30, though. :confused:

At any rate, at that point you had so many more attacks that FS was used only in situations where you needed to get rid of a numerous mob of weak enemies, or in the case of a battle where you need to hit more targets at once consistently and fast. And only in those cases.

So yeah, blame the rebalancing for that temporary OPness. :D

You'll have to learn to play your class fast, but you'll have a much less traumatic experience once you'll get to the point where spamming AoEs is not enough.

Regarding your friend, however, I suggest you to tell her that she should put some effort in it and learn to play her spec properly, or she'll risk hitting the wall of bricks face on, and sooner than she may think. ;)

Friendly advice here, forgive me if it sounds rough... :o

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

LoL... That's cause your playing low LvL... Every AOE in low PVE is OP because you only have so many abilities... It's always been this way since the game started

If your ant to call some thing OP... Come back when you hit lvl 60 content of PVP with it

Well I for one am still wondering why Sorcs still have Bubble? You have mobility now. So why not combine force storm with bubble. This would offer Dmg mitigation NOT immunity.

Surely you are kidding, right? There is an entirely good reason why Sages and Sorcs have Force Bubble and it has entirely to do with the fact that they have the flimsiest armor rating in the entire game and unlike Assassins they cannot use Shield Generators to protect themselves. That alone is more than enough reason for them to have the Force Bubble ability. Aside from that is the fact that the defensive is an ability that benefits the entire group, not just the Sorcerer, and it is something that is unique to Sorcerer's and Sages, so taking it away would really hurt Progression Raid Groups severely.

... Too easy. Way too easy, this is clearly and obviously a troll post.

9/10 trollHARDerer

9 only because of so many responses, I can't believe people commented in seriousness to this! Creativity-wise, this thread deserves much lower, more like a 5-6 imho. Good job though, you got responses thus, you get a high score! Keep them coming you show true potential!

Edited by Lhancelot

My first character was an assassin. While leveling on Balmora, I saw a sorc speed by in a bubble…I thought that was so cool. I logged out and created a sorc. I jumped in pvp and had an assassin rip me a new one. Stop crying and learn to play your class. I now have 2 level 60 Assassin tanks, 1 level 60 shadow tank, and am currently leveling a second shadow tank. In my opinion it’s the easiest class to level. I usually finish my class story at level 46 on my shadows and assassins. Assassins/Shadows rule…in my humble opinion, but only if you level them as tanks. What was I talking about, I forgot. :eek::eek::eek: