The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do you guys hate Thana Vesh?

lawszepie

Just bring her back as a cyborg, the implication being that she survived you killing her or something actually literally blew up in her face this time.

"Good to see you again, Thana. You look different."

Thana: :mad:

I said before in another thread, I would have preferred buying her over Treek...and yes to the cyborg thing if you kill her since I felt her death scene was not that final looking.

I seriously doubt her character was ever written or thought of as someone who suffers from NPD.

At the end of the day, she's just a play, a parody if you will, at how utterly stupid and incompetent the Sith can be, possibly akin to Lord Vanithrast, but far more fleshed out.

I wasn't saying I thought the devs specifically thought of NPD, just that that's how she behaves. Most of the Sith seem to develop some delusions of grandeur (or at least an overinflated sense of their own worth and capabilities) if not other full blown psych problems. Being born force sensitive obviously doesn't make you any less susceptible than others, and being raised in an environment that focuses on the benefits of the Dark Side (moar power faster, exercise passion instead of restraint) with a Code that many/most Sith seem to interpret as nothing more than "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law", and where your first lessons come straight from Social Darwinism 101 arguably makes Sith (and their apprentices) more vulnerable to such issues.

Basically, I think Thana's character/arc could have been used to develop some of those themes, but instead they just wrote her as Chaotic Stupid, like many of the various DS options and Sith.

I wasn't saying I thought the devs specifically thought of NPD, just that that's how she behaves. Most of the Sith seem to develop some delusions of grandeur (or at least an overinflated sense of their own worth and capabilities) if not other full blown psych problems. Being born force sensitive obviously doesn't make you any less susceptible than others, and being raised in an environment that focuses on the benefits of the Dark Side (moar power faster, exercise passion instead of restraint) with a Code that many/most Sith seem to interpret as nothing more than "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law", and where your first lessons come straight from Social Darwinism 101 arguably makes Sith (and their apprentices) more vulnerable to such issues.

Basically, I think Thana's character/arc could have been used to develop some of those themes, but instead they just wrote her as Chaotic Stupid, like many of the various DS options and Sith.

She's like Hayden Christiansen but with ****.

I really enjoy her, she reminds me so much of all those annoying Sith player characters other players actually play and the comments they use in dialogues. So, everyone killing her is in my opinion just killing their own characters who have the same insurgent qualities. Thus the killing of her doesn't say anything about her, but it tells a lot about te players doing so, while I let her live since I stand over such things and think death is a stupid punishment for childish behaviour.

I really enjoy her, she reminds me so much of all those annoying Sith player characters other players actually play and the comments they use in dialogues. So, everyone killing her is in my opinion just killing their own characters who have the same insurgent qualities. Thus the killing of her doesn't say anything about her, but it tells a lot about te players doing so, while I let her live since I stand over such things and think death is a stupid punishment for childish behaviour.

What if we only play our Sith chars light side? :confused:

What if we only play our Sith chars light side? :confused:

Then you probably won't kill her, since that would be a dark side action. By the way, I think most light side opions on the empire side are the clever ones, while dark side options are often quite stupid. And the same goes for Thana, she cannot touch the character, she could be seen as competition that only helps one to keep up working to maximum efficiency and thus a welcome rivalry, while killing her is just a waste of resources. No wonder that the empire is doomed to fail, with such mentailies prevailing there.

Then you probably won't kill her, since that would be a dark side action. By the way, I think most light side opions on the empire side are the clever ones, while dark side options are often quite stupid. And the same goes for Thana, she cannot touch the character, she could be seen as competition that only helps one to keep up working to maximum efficiency and thus a welcome rivalry, while killing her is just a waste of resources. No wonder that the empire is doomed to fail, with such mentailies prevailing there.

Exactly!

The only dark options useful is for eliminating loose ends.

If Thana is as petty as she seems, let her die off in some world she terrorizes later rather than waste your time. Problem solved. If she survives... imagine that. She's a resource. Most the reckless actions in the empire are wasteful when the empire is in such a tenuous situation with a war and all.

I just read the favorite planet thread, and some people hated taris and they said the only redeeming feature that planet got is that...er...you get to kill thana.

Personally I actually really like her.

I don't find her ego annoying, but entertaining.

I like how every time she is boasting and look down on me, I can reply with flirting.

Towards the end of the quest line, I can actually feel that she is less egotistic, its almost like she knows you're better than her, but just have to keep up that I-am-superior-tone in order to keep her self esteem intact.

I'm a dark side character, but I couldn't choose to kill her at the end, I just could not do it.

I found that she's very....cute.

I'm actually very disappointed that i have to part ways with her, and I cannot romance her even more, or make her my companion.

In short, I think I'm in love with one of the most hated character in the game :D

Does anyone feel the same? Or am I the only one sick enough to like her?

I liked the Taris world questline (not bonus series). She struck me as a sort of comic relief. I really liked the inclusion of her character.

Not all of us play one-dimensional chars who only adhere to light or dark, pal. :cool:

My Sorcerer is currently Light V, but on Taris he killed her like it was HOT.

• 3 years later...
Or a swtor version of the /threaten emote (human version) in GW2. There's a fist-shake (I think) then the character leans toward the target and makes a throat-slitting movement with his hand...

Throat-slitting motion: kind of like what your Empire character does when you're about to fry Jeelta on the Quesh planet quest.

Anyway, I'm somewhat mixed about Thana. Yes, she can be annoying but it is fun to banter back and forth with her as you're going through the Taris planet quest. What I find interesting is that if you kill her on the Sith Inquisitor, Andronikos disapproves. Figured for how he was on Tatooine, he wouldn't have cared if Thana had lived or not.

I think i've only played the Taris quests once, on a Sorcerer, and what i remembered about her was that she was completely stupid and blind not to realise who was the far stronger Sith of the 2.

I gladly killed her.

The only thing i liked about her was her outfit :rolleyes:

Now, i just wish i could've done the same with Ashara, and never let her set a foot on my ship...

Edited by Goreshaga

personally , I think the whole Gravus&Thana is a missed opportunity . The whole quest leave me with a bitter taste everytime I do it .

I wouldve liked if we teamed with Thana and the whole thing end up with us helping her (or Gravus) betray each others . But instead....she break free..whine whine whine...you do Fedex stuff for gravus..and if you kill her....nothing really happen . Leave you mostly..dissapointed . Having to put up (if you dont like Thana) with all that crap and the reward is lousy in the end .

I do like Thana , for me..she is the only good thing about Taris on the Imp side . and I wish I could swap her with Ashara . I take a Lunatic like Thana..over a cry baby like ashara any day :D

Thana is bae, and I'd love for them to bring her back in a future story as a "romance" companion depending on the choice you made. :D every time I flirted with her I had
in mind :D

So, we just call you Darth Urkel from now on? :D

PS. Still hate Thana and I hate her more than Lana. Anyone ever notice they're lazy namers? So many names in this game rhyme with Lana. Lana...Thana...Rana...Sana...Shara :p

Edited by Lunafox

PS. Still hate Thana and I hate her more than Lana. Anyone ever notice they're lazy namers? So many names in this game rhyme with Lana. Lana...Thana...Rana...Sana...Shara :p

hey thats mah wifey! :p

muh....there are some good names , sometimes I think they are smart actually . Like take that idiot back in Korriban...Sith warrior...whats his name ? seem..like he had such a great memorable name..I forgot lol :D

well take Gravus name for exemple . Its similar to grave . So...make me wonder if they were supposed to be a pun or something . and there are many names like that trough the game .

Edit: just remembered the name! its Vemrin . which is so like the word 'Vermine' .

From Old French vermine, from verm + -ine, or possibly a Vulgar Latin *verminum, from Latin vermis (“worm”).

and it fit him so well...:D

Edited by SerraShar

Give them a little bit of a break. They have to come up with names for thousands of NPCs, most of whom we'll only encounter one or two times. We should probably be glad we don't have a lot of NPCs with names like Bob, Tom, and Joe. :p

Edit: On topic, I don't like Thana Vesh. She vastly overestimates her own intelligence and abilities. She thinks she's incredibly clever when she's really a complete idiot. She thinks she's an oh so powerful uber Sith and gets taken out by a bunch of settlers and stuck in a cage from which she can't even escape herself and thus needs us to rescue her. If she was even half as competent as she thinks she is I likely wouldn't have a problem with her. But she isn't.

Edited by Elessara

hey thats mah wifey! :p

muh....there are some good names , sometimes I think they are smart actually . Like take that idiot back in Korriban...Sith warrior...whats his name ? seem..like he had such a great memorable name..I forgot lol :D

well take Gravus name for exemple . Its similar to grave . So...make me wonder if they were supposed to be a pun or something . and there are many names like that trough the game .

Edit: just remembered the name! its Vemrin . which is so like the word 'Vermine' .

From Old French vermine, from verm + -ine, or possibly a Vulgar Latin *verminum, from Latin vermis (“worm”).

Haha, more for you to love, just keep her royal screechiness away from me lol.

I won't argue, there were some good names, that were thoughtful and foreshadowed things, like Gravus, like Baras, who's name I always think is derivative from 'embarrass' and Vemrin, who I still call Vermin, was a great one too. I like that they paid tribute to the voice actors of main characters by having other characters done by the same VA have similar names, like Quinn's VA also did a guy on Balmorra, who they called 'Quinson' or something like that lol.

Give them a little bit of a break. They have to come up with names for thousands of NPCs, most of whom we'll only encounter one or two times. We should probably be glad we don't have a lot of NPCs with names like Bob, Tom, and Joe. :p

Edit: On topic, I don't like Thana Vesh. She vastly overestimates her own intelligence and abilities. She thinks she's incredibly clever when she's really a complete idiot. She thinks she's an oh so powerful uber Sith and gets taken out by a bunch of settlers and stuck in a cage from which she can't even escape herself and thus needs us to rescue her. If she was even half as competent as she thinks she is I likely wouldn't have a problem with her. But she isn't.

You're right, I just always noticed so many names that rhymed with the 'ana' sound, they really stuck out to me. I totally agree about Thana. Urgh, she's such a ghastly hairbrained idiot. I killed her on all my toons, except my one LS agent.

Hate is too strong word, but I definitely dislike her as character. I find her irritating and very incompetent. We practically spent our time on Taris in saving her from various destructive situations where she has driven herself to since she only sees destruction and murder ahead of her. :p

Hate is too strong word, but I definitely dislike her as character. I find her irritating and very incompetent. We practically spent our time on Taris in saving her from various destructive situations where she has driven herself to since she only sees destruction and murder ahead of her. :p

gotta admit..when you leave her locked up , and later hang up on her ..is pricless though . :D

Haha, i always call him "Vermine" as well, because i'm french and his name is way too similar to that word, and well, that's what he is, like a rat or a tick :D

I honnestly don't like Thana, and if a potentially dead character was made to come back, i'd rather take Cytharat, which i think was a great and enjoyable character, over her.

But if it's something optionnal that depends on our own choice, then, well, Thana for people who like her and Cytharat for people who don't like her but did not let him die, i'd be fine with that.

And it's pretty obvious to me that if Thana had been a guy, she would clearly not be loved as much.