Do you guys hate Thana Vesh?

lawszepie

*snip *

That one is hilarious. :D

In one case she even

gets caught and imprisoned

because of it.

For the sake of clarification...

She is indeed imprisoned once, but she's actually caught twice.

When you're already inside the Olaris spaceport, on your way to confront Master Cerik, you have to save her like the dumb damsel in distress she is, having allowed to get herself captured by some Jedi.

Total waste of oxygen that one. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

First playthrough encountering thana "please let me be able to kill her"

Then i met Ashara.

Thana might be brash and homicidal, but at least she is consistant :p

My DS characters always kill Thana. My LS ones, depends on how i play them.

If i could, id feed Ashara to Khem regardless of what alignment my characters were.

Whiney and hypocritical blech. (Seriously, shes like they mashed all the annoying traits of teenage luke and annakin, and added b○○bs, which the latter probably gives her a pass on the "whiiney, annoying, & hypocritical" in those so inclined to those "acessaries" :p)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I found everything about Thana Vesh SUPER attractive. Sadly, my friend selected to kill her, and spoiled it for me. I was really hoping for her to become a crew member that I could romance. Sadly, even the amounts of 34 on her are extremely low.

My Sith Inquisitors would gladly trade EVERY COMPANION (except Khem) for Thana. She's the dark side apprentice I REALLY wanted. She's arrogant, cocky, demented, & has a blood lust that's necessary for a true Sith apprentice. I'd pay money to be able to unlock her as a companion, and then let her kill Asharas annoying *** as a "welcome aboard" present. :D I've only killed her once. I always let her live just in case the devs decide to turn her into a new companion at some point. Edited by ImmortalLowlife

My Sith Inquisitors would gladly trade EVERY COMPANION (except Khem) for Thana. She's the dark side apprentice I REALLY wanted. She's arrogant, cocky, demented, & has a blood lust that's necessary for a true Sith apprentice. I'd pay money to be able to unlock her as a companion, and then let her kill Asharas annoying *** as a "welcome aboard" present. :D I've only killed her once. I always let her live just in case the devs decide to turn her into a new companion at some point.

I pretty much like her for the same qualities but she is also prone to disobeying orders and I think it would be fun to try and break her.

The very creation of this thread was fueled by male testosterone to begin with. You only need to reread the OP.

Were Thana a guy instead of a gal, it's not so much of a stretch to assume the character would be as easily forgettable as so many others.

"fueled by male testosterone to begin with"

that is er...undesirably precise

In short, I think I'm in love with one of the most hated character in the game :D

Does anyone feel the same? Or am I the only one sick enough to like her?

No. You are sick to like her this much. You need to step outside...your addiction to this game seems to be fueling an unhealthy attraction to imaginary love...

No. You are sick to like her this much. You need to step outside...your addiction to this game seems to be fueling an unhealthy attraction to imaginary love...

well undeniably there was quite a lot of exaggeration going on in the original post.

dont worry, I do have a healthy social life afk :)

I guess its just the fact that I have yet to meet such arrogant person (or to be specific, girl/lady) in my real life, that is why I'm quite intrigued.

Edited by lawszepie

My Sith Inquisitors would gladly trade EVERY COMPANION (except Khem) for Thana. She's the dark side apprentice I REALLY wanted. She's arrogant, cocky, demented, & has a blood lust that's necessary for a true Sith apprentice. I'd pay money to be able to unlock her as a companion, and then let her kill Asharas annoying *** as a "welcome aboard" present. :D I've only killed her once. I always let her live just in case the devs decide to turn her into a new companion at some point.

Ha and my SW would have rather she be his apprentice than DS Jaesa who seems too sycophantic and spineless.

I guess its just the fact that I have yet to meet such arrogant person (or to be specific, girl/lady) in my real life, that is why I'm quite intrigued.

This is a VIDEO GAME! Don't set up your real life expectations of people based on 100% fictional characters. That person you're in love with, is FAKE! Neither she, nor her arrogance, exist in the real world. Get intrigued by REAL people...not fake ones.

This is a VIDEO GAME! Don't set up your real life expectations of people based on 100% fictional characters. That person you're in love with, is FAKE! Neither she, nor her arrogance, exist in the real world. Get intrigued by REAL people...not fake ones.

I would humbly suggest that the OP saying he loves Thana Vesh should not be taken so literally.

I love Star Wars, Game of Thrones, and chocolate ice cream, but that doesn't put them in the same class as actual loved ones.

er... so you really think I'm actually in love with that video game character?

oh er...

well er....

I gotta be too new to the internet, since I dont consider truly falling in love with a virtual non-existent character to be a legit thing, so when I say that, its a mere exaggeration.

The whole point of this post is to point out that, personally, I dont hate Thana, as I see many people do hate her, I want to know if I'm a rare exception.

take a chill pill dude

I would humbly suggest that the OP saying he loves Thana Vesh should not be taken so literally.

I love Star Wars, Game of Thrones, and chocolate ice cream, but that doesn't put them in the same class as actual loved ones.

sir, you nail'd it

YOU FREAK!

Oh...wait...ok...that I can handle.

I apologize OP, I read your first post as rather troubling and weird, not as you had intended it to be. I can understand loving a character, not being IN LOVE with a character. Sorry.

YOU FREAK!

Oh...wait...ok...that I can handle.

I apologize OP, I read your first post as rather troubling and weird, not as you had intended it to be. I can understand loving a character, not being IN LOVE with a character. Sorry.

thank you for your understanding

The very creation of this thread was fueled by male testosterone to begin with. You only need to reread the OP.

Were Thana a guy instead of a gal, it's not so much of a stretch to assume the character would be as easily forgettable as so many others.

I think it's more likely that if Thana was male, they would still be unforgettable, but the character would actually be hated to the point no one would try to defend them.

My logic for this is because there is a character who basically IS a male Thana. (Okay, he's a non-sith, and is a different species, but in pretty much every other way, he's EXACTLY like her.)

The character in question being the BH companion Skadge. Y'know, the immoral and psychotic companion that is a completely stupid caricature of the thug for hire? He possesses pretty much trait Thana has, except rather than earn him fans, his traits make him the most hated companion in the game.

The few times I re-played Taris Empire planet quest line was only to troll and kill Thana Vesh.

She's awfully incompetent, insecure, unreliable and tries too hard. Even a light side character as Vette approved Thana's demise :D

I do agree

As much as I enjoy listening to her boast, the fact that she cannot live up to her claim, and worse, get captured Twice, is rather...dissatisfactory.

I think it's more likely that if Thana was male, they would still be unforgettable, but the character would actually be hated to the point no one would try to defend them.

My logic for this is because there is a character who basically IS a male Thana. (Okay, he's a non-sith, and is a different species, but in pretty much every other way, he's EXACTLY like her.)

The character in question being the BH companion Skadge. Y'know, the immoral and psychotic companion that is a completely stupid caricature of the thug for hire? He possesses pretty much trait Thana has, except rather than earn him fans, his traits make him the most hated companion in the game.

yeah, the fact that thana is a female gotta be a "balancing measure".

I'm disappointed with how bioware implemented skage as well, he basically just forced his way in, while realistically (I know I'm talking about a video game) I should be able to reject or simply kill him. I was so surprised when skage turned out to be a companion for BH. (as I did not read any companion guide intentionally, so as to not spoil any surprise, but well, this is nonetheless not a good surprise)

* snip *

Even so, throughout the BH class story on Belsavis, Skadge comes across as a fairly competent guy, during his pursuit of Zale Barrows -- love him, or hate him.

Thana, on the other hand, always surprises me how she's able to ignite her lightsaber without beheading herself. Her character is that dumb in my eyes. :p

Even so, throughout the BH class story on Belsavis, Skadge comes across as a fairly competent guy, during his pursuit of Zale Barrows -- love him, or hate him.

Thana, on the other hand, always surprises me how she's able to ignite her lightsaber without beheading herself. Her character is that dumb in my eyes. :p

Thana has b○○bs, and lonely guys can flirt with her, of course she will get "fans" :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Thana has b○○bs, and lonely guys can flirt with her, of course she will get "fans" :p

Hence the "male testosterone" reference I made earlier. :D

I always found her hilarious, actually kind of wanted her as a companion. But I was always a sucker for redheads :)

She's the pinnacle of comic relief, as far as the Sith are concerned.

Edited by Darth_Wicked