The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why hasn't balance/ madness been fixed

LEEscoundral

As you can see in the you tube text. Balance should not be used in Hm content. the gear is max 198 from another class and conveniently passed to the feeble balance sorc. You have to progress in 192 gear and you wont be getting the numbers to pass the content. Seriously it is a long way behind id say 700 is being generous. How can u say im exagerating?

As you can see in the you tube text. Balance should not be used in Hm content. the gear is max 198 from another class and conveniently passed to the feeble balance sorc. You have to progress in 192 gear and you wont be getting the numbers to pass the content. Seriously it is a long way behind id say 700 is being generous. How can u say im exagerating?

The (albeit volunteered) data shows that you're exaggerating. The top TK parse yesterday was about 4,850, although I've not checked for updates today. The top balance about 4,650. This is fitting with my (and others') observations with balance being around 200dps lower than TK. The rotation is hard, but it isn't nearly as far behind as it used to be.

So balance/madness single target is still about 700 dps south of where it should be. I only play PVE and it is not a viable class to use. I am waiting for a fix..... PLease.. Why isnt this class fixed and functioning as a viable option?

Please fix it bioware.

hey don't be telling them to nerf madness now. the completely ruin lightning spec because of this stupidness. if you touch madness spec bio that's it im leaving and ending my sub. I don't pay to get nerf.

The (albeit volunteered) data shows that you're exaggerating. The top TK parse yesterday was about 4,850, although I've not checked for updates today. The top balance about 4,650. This is fitting with my (and others') observations with balance being around 200dps lower than TK. The rotation is hard, but it isn't nearly as far behind as it used to be.

You should remember though that comparing maximum results is not entirely reliable. To get more accurate comparison average dps needs to be compared

You should remember though that comparing maximum results is not entirely reliable. To get more accurate comparison average dps needs to be compared

Oh agreed. It's pretty consistent from what I'm seeing at the moment (4.4 TK 4.2 balance) and certainly by looking at most of the parses where someone has uploaded both it seems relatively consistent.

These are obviously the highest parses across specs, but if I do a set on my sage of 5 balance 5 TK I see a lot more variance in the TK parses thanks to the extra level of rng. Range is anywhere from just over 4k to 4.4, whereas balance is more consistently falling between 4.1 and 4.2 (unless I screw up).

Edited by ChroniKill

I believe most other specs are around 4.5 k plus balance at 3.7 is a long way behind par. I really don't care what they are aiming for just fix it so its up with the rest.

i'm parsing slightly over 4k currently in not quite min/maxed 192s, so 3.7 might be a understatement, since i'm probably just your average sage crazy person and nowhere near the top of the leaderboard =)

still, here is my log: http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/19893/0

if anyone wants to see if maybe i'm screwing up my rotation and not even realizing it >.>

Edited by Hichitsuki-hime

i'm parsing slightly over 4k currently in not quite min/maxed 192s, so 3.7 might be a understatement, since i'm probably just your average sage crazy person and nowhere near the top of the leaderboard =)

still, here is my log: http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/19893/0

if anyone wants to see if maybe i'm screwing up my rotation and not even realizing it >.>

You definately are...

During the three first rotations only... You clipped WM and SF, then you didn't clip but delayed FiB... You don't have any random alacrity proc to explain it either. You WM is used every 16.4s on average... It should be 18s. Same for SF. You delay FiB by one GCD on average.. In fact I suspect you clip your DoTs and use FiB on CD during the first rotation and you delay FiB by two GCD and reapply correctly your DoTs during the second rotation. You keep Serenity synched with FiB while you should use it on CD during the first rotation and delay it for two GCD after it to maximize the 2p Set Bonus.. And you delay Vanquish a little (not that much tho).

Going through a couple of bosses today, forcequake felt painfully useless. Dont even bother using it when there are not at least 4 targets.

Balance on the other hands seems to be the superior spec in terms of AOE with the dotspread now. Managed to get at least 4.5k on HM Torque.

I can be wrong though and just need more time to get used to the TK changes. :rak_01:

Still, balance does feel a bit better.

You definately are...

During the three first rotations only... You clipped WM and SF, then you didn't clip but delayed FiB... You don't have any random alacrity proc to explain it either. You WM is used every 16.4s on average... It should be 18s. Same for SF. You delay FiB by one GCD on average.. In fact I suspect you clip your DoTs and use FiB on CD during the first rotation and you delay FiB by two GCD and reapply correctly your DoTs during the second rotation. You keep Serenity synched with FiB while you should use it on CD during the first rotation and delay it for two GCD after it to maximize the 2p Set Bonus.. And you delay Vanquish a little (not that much tho).

that is probably cause i just have 1 rotation, i can't manage to see where it becomes 2. and i'm pretty sure i have a 6piece set bonus.and as for dots, you're likely right, i should try to stop clipping the TKT. or put a timer on weaken mind again lol

that is probably cause i just have 1 rotation, i can't manage to see where it becomes 2. and i'm pretty sure i have a 6piece set bonus.and as for dots, you're likely right, i should try to stop clipping the TKT. or put a timer on weaken mind again lol

There is one rotation with DoT drifting in it.. But in your parse.. It sseems to become like you always try to keep FiB and your DOTs together... And by doing this one cycle every two cycles delays FiB and the other clips your DoTs....

Then there is the way to maximize Serenity (if you prefer the easy way, just keep it paired with FiB and Vanquish.. But it could end up being delayed depending on your DoTs).

• 3 weeks later...