The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith Sorcerer Nerf

khankar

wow bring force gods back down to reality with the rest of us and suddenly everyone (well those that got nerfed) come flowing out of the woodwork to complain how their easy button class got nerfed and is now, well normal.

so if your class isn't in the top of everything its nerfed beyond playability and people will unsub because that is the only class they play because it was easy (and no op at all...ever).

guess nothing to do but just shut the game down because one class got returned to normalcy.

world has ended folk, nothing to see here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is I got my sorc to lvl 20 in 7 days plus a couple of heroic 2+'s and died only about 4 times.. since the drawback on allmost every ability with the exception of heals I died 3 times in 10 fights on nar shadaa and had to use med pacs for the first time, now call me a crappy fighter or any manner other words or comments, I just find myself now wondering if its worth the investment in time to lvl the char out as i tend to solo most of the game... just thoughts

Ciao

It's the single target nerf that is the issue, and completely un-needed.

FS/FQ did need to be dialled back, as I'm sure any reasonable Sorc/Sage player would agree, but as usual, it went too damned far.

In any case, only bads spammed FS/FQ, so I hope this makes at least some of them f off back to whatever this week's remaining FoTM/s is/are supposed to be.

why don't you try actually doing some tests to see how much of a nerf it was because there were some buffs to ST as well for practical fight purposes. Additionally when you looked at it's ST dps it was still doing more than all but Mercs pretty much and they took a hit as well.

So yeah... about the lack of "need"

Force Storm/Forcequake made Sorcerer/Sage boring class to level. It was open with Forcequake and finish with instant TK Wave. Where's fun?

/thread

Pre 3.0, it used to be that you didn't get FS/FQ until level 34-ish. Which fit, as it was always the most powerful spam-channel AE. That meant that people levelling a Sorc actually had to kinda learn to play the class and develop the beginnings of a proper single-target rotation, learn to understand how procs, up-time, and internal cooldowns worked (Lightning, in particular, was a lot more RNG proc-dependent once), along with the use of knockback/snares/roots, kiting, LoS, and off-heals --as Sorc and Sage both don't get their healer-companions for some while, and mistakes can be costly even in the solo-levelling game (Because glass cannon is still glass:)).

3.0 basically turned it --with respect to AE at least, and general "L2P requirement"-- into a brain-dead kiddie-class, like what Smash used to be in many ways. I disliked how brainless Lightning DPS became in this iteration, whereas I love how mobile/kitey it became --the latter is what the spec --and Mercs!!-- should always have been, IMO.

TL/DR:

I hope that some good will come of all this, in that people will learn to play Sorc properly again, at least. Not to mention, especially, that all the brainless baddies f off back to whatever this week's FotM is.

All that constant --and I mean nothing but-- FS/FQ spam, and the resulting pathetic DPS, and the fact that this game doesn't often punish such idiocy, was just severely depressing to watch. All the more so because we all bloody well knew exactly what the eventual result would be :(

Edited by midianlord

I did dailies on mine today and it seemed a bit Over Nerf to me...

This wouldn't surprise me if it's the case. It's a common trend with MMO studios. Nerf a class lower than you really intend it to end up, then build it back up slowly until you hit your goal. It's an unfortunate method as it often generates some pretty negative feelings on the part of the players. Sadly, TOR's devs are far from the only ones who do this, intentionally or not.

wow bring force gods back down to reality with the rest of us and suddenly everyone (well those that got nerfed) come flowing out of the woodwork to complain how their easy button class got nerfed and is now, well normal.

so if your class isn't in the top of everything its nerfed beyond playability and people will unsub because that is the only class they play because it was easy (and no op at all...ever).

guess nothing to do but just shut the game down because one class got returned to normalcy.

world has ended folk, nothing to see here.

World is ending...cuz I agree 100% with you. The tears are starting to invigorate me!

World is ending...cuz I agree 100% with you. The tears are starting to invigorate me!

A buddy and I have been saying since December that Force Storm was going to be nerfed. I'm a bit surprised that they also went after the single target DPS as I didn't personally feel like that was "too much" but the AoE nerf doesn't really surprise me at all.

Honestly, I'm not really surprised by the nerf (or the reaction to it). Personally, I'm taking a month or so off by which time hopefully it'll be a bit better balanced. Aside from that, I'll end up using my fallback strategy: Throw Treek at the mobs and watch the carnage.

Wow %60 damage decrease to force storm, what genius decided to ruin the best part of this class. I admit it was OP but this is overkill. Force storm isn't even worth using now.

I've been playing swtor since beta. But this nerf on sorc is unexeptable especially after most of us just bought the expansion to get more powerful. Sorc is weak now force storm is weaker now than it was at lvl 55. If this is not fixed and an apology made I will be cacelling my sub and some of my guild said they would as well. Dps sorc are now weaker than other lvl 60 dps classes put it back to how it was or this will cost bioware money as they will loose sub"s over this..FIX IT BACK to how it was or e en take 800 off and leave it at 10 k damage it's a useless AOE now...

I've been playing swtor since beta. But this nerf on sorc is unexeptable especially after most of us just bought the expansion to get more powerful. Sorc is weak now force storm is weaker now than it was at lvl 55. If this is not fixed and an apology made I will be cacelling my sub and some of my guild said they would as well. Dps sorc are now weaker than other lvl 60 dps classes put it back to how it was or this will cost bioware money as they will loose sub"s over this..FIX IT BACK to how it was or e en take 800 off and leave it at 10 k damage it's a useless AOE now...

Why don't you actually learn the proper AoE rotation and try it first.... hint... endlessly spamming force storm isn't the right rotation.

Why don't you actually learn the proper AoE rotation and try it first.... hint... endlessly spamming force storm isn't the right rotation.

I don't just spam force storm lol nice of you to make that assumption though. I'm more upset it was nerfed so drastically also force lighting has also been decreased since I'm a sub and this greatly upsets me I will voice my opinion how ever I see fit. That being said I also understand biowares need to make the classes even however my force lighting is now lower than it was when I hit level 55 long time back wonder why that would upset me...

Ummm, both PT and Sorcs were over performing in PvE compared to the other classes as well boys and girls. I know Sorcs far better so I will explain why with that one.

Does it make any sense what so ever that a CHANNELED AoE ability should be part of a SINGE target rotation?

As soon as 3.0 Hit and I saw what my Sorc/Consular could do... literally on day 1 I told myself... "well they are definitely going to nerf this. I'll enjoy it while it lasts but definitely not get used to it."

Now I am not saying that the nerfs may not be overdone. I haven't tested them yet so I have no clue but these changes are NOT just about PvP, though I will grant you PvP makes a VERY convenient scapegoat so as to avoid understanding the classes were overtuned.

My thoughts exactly, I was so sure that FQ would be nerfed, I didn't include it in my rotation!

Based on previous experience with the class I would say I've lost about 100-150 DPS while still a lot, is better than I was expecting!

I won't be deleting my Sage, although I don't heal as often now as Salvation is not even worth using anymore, but thats a different story...

I took a look. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I figured they'd take out Force Power entirely just like they did with Powertech. This is yet another concession t the PvP'ers who always claim they get no attention. As a PvE player I care not one whit about class balance. It's just me against the NPC's, and once again, we suffer because they're just so special that the whole game has to revolve around them.
Agree 100% Edited by Legolose

Well thank you Bioware for probably making my decision easier. I had been trying to decide which of the 3 subs I have currently to cancel. PvP is not and never should be the focus of an MMO, its a diversion, a distraction, a side mission to break up the flow of the actual game (that being the PvE portion) when you feel the need for a little competition. PvP belongs in games like Nosgoth, LoL, Evolve and Dreadnought, not in a story based MMO. It should never dictate changes to the core of class mechanics unless those classes are strictly PvP only classes.

Its another in a long line of PvP nerfs that wreck PvE for the sake of a vocal minority who are milked for their sub money because they enjoy the repetition of games like Evolve, why no major company ,unlike Turbine and DBG (DCUO exclusively) and one or two others, has figured out the concept of building a PvP system separate from the PvE system in 2015 is beyond me. I dont go to Nosgoth or LoLs forums and demand they add PVE content. This is not a PvP game, PvP is added to sell subs and nothing more.

And this is coming from someone who has 5 max level characters and only 1 is a sorcerer.

Edited by rhiarose

Well thank you Bioware for probably making my decision easier. I had been trying to decide which of the 3 subs I have currently to cancel. PvP is not and never should be the focus of an MMO, its a diversion, a distraction, a side mission to break up the flow of the actual game (that being the PvE portion) when you feel the need for a little competition. PvP belongs in games like Nosgoth, LoL, Evolve and Dreadnought, not in a story based MMO. It should never dictate changes to the core of class mechanics unless those classes are strictly PvP only classes.

Its another in a long line of PvP nerfs that wreck PvE for the sake of a vocal minority who are milked for their sub money because they enjoy the repetition of games like Evolve, why no major company ,unlike Turbine and DBG (DCUO exclusively) and one or two others, has figured out the concept of building a PvP system separate from the PvE system in 2015 is beyond me.

And this is coming from someone who has 5 max level characters and only 1 is a sorcerer.

I call dibs on his stuff!

Its another in a long line of PvP nerfs that wreck PvE for the sake of a vocal minority who are milked for their sub money because they enjoy the repetition of games like Evolve, why no major company ,unlike Turbine and DBG (DCUO exclusively) and one or two others, has figured out the concept of building a PvP system separate from the PvE system in 2015 is beyond me. I dont go to Nosgoth or LoLs forums and demand they add PVE content. This is not a PvP game, PvP is added to sell subs and nothing more.

I've played plenty of game with separate PvP and PvE systems and nerfs still happen in PvE. Force Storm/Quake was broken in PvE, as much if not more than it was in PvP. I have 3 Sages and 2 Sorcs and I know this to be true. The devs nerfed it in the worst way possible, but it did need to be nerfed.

Edited by Master-Nala

Original, insightful, a troll i've never heard before

10/10 would set you up for lame lazy and sad trolling again.

And threatening to quit over a nerf isn't?

Or maybe your response to me wasn't either?

Get over yourself and stop acting like a drama queen.

Sorry but i have to disagree with those that say that the channel time of Force Storm and Force Quake is a great thing as it is the worst thing that they could do to the classes. I understand the damage reduction and so on but come on it has now made the skill something to do nothing but laugh at each should have the channel time back to where it was and yes damage reduced as they did. In my eyes those that are complaining that the skills were OP'd then they are the ones that got their rears stomped in PVP by a sorc/sage and this DOES NOT change for the NPCs that cast these theirs is still a 6 second casting compared to the players who do 3 unless alacrity kicks in and doubles the channel down even more yes that is a fact as has done it to around 1.8 seconds on both my sage and sorc....I vote that they wake up and put the channel time back instead of trying to backroom the classes to healers only

that was my two cents worth and despite the ones tha twill say that I want them OPd that was not my goal in my words they messed up Power techs taking away unload, but I agree that it was a useless skill for them but was handy none the less now they messing with another class cause they feel it was 'Godly'

And threatening to quit over a nerf isn't?

Or maybe your response to me wasn't either?

Get over yourself and stop acting like a drama queen.

I am not threatening anything, if you read my post rather than posting an unimaginative reactionary troll to the first line you would know that. At no point did I say "FIX OR ELSE!" at no point did I demand they reverse the nerf to keep my one subscription. What is sad is how predictable you are and how I almost added "and no you can't have my stuff" to the end, not that I knew you specifically were going to do it, but the you collective of apologists who defend every PvP nerf that affects PvE in a game that is built and sold based on its PvE content. If this was a PvP game, it would be Starwars Battlefront or League of Star Legends of Call of Star Duty. This is a PvE MMO with elaborate detailed story missions that comprise the bulk of the content this game was sold on.

For the record I simply said that they had made my decision easier, I currently pay for 3 different MMOs, not including the ones that i play F2P and I was on the fence about keeping SWTOR and which one to drop. This nerf to one of my classes has tipped the balance in favor of SWTOR. It has in fact made the decision easier, the more "cons" that pile up in the "con" side of the pro/con argument for keeping SWTOR makes it easier for me to decide whether to keep it or not

Since we are making wild assumptions based on nothing I'll hazard a guess based on your teen-angsty response that I've been playing MMOs probably longer than you have been alive (and if I am wrong then you should really take a moment to analyze your response and why people would make that assumption), Ive been playing them since before they had pictures and you had to use a dial up modem and Compuserve (and walk 10 miles uphill both ways in the snow barefoot) and I am well aware that threatening to cancel my sub will mean squat to Bioware or EA, but as a PAYING customer I have a right to voice my opinion. What they do with it is their call.

TL;dr - no, you know what, learn to read, I'm not going to summarize it for you.

Edited by rhiarose