Operatives/Scoundrels are the bane of my existence

EAbovee

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Alrik means strafe, i.e. additional facing adjustment in order to be able to move in a circle. I understand that they do that, I was more wondering about the base speed. So you do get the 15% base speed increase and I was not just imagining things :)

I do love Smuggle as a non-stealth toon. At the very least, it prompts coordinated actions to start with.

I think Alrik means strafe, i.e. additional facing adjustment in order to be able to move in a circle. I understand that they do that, I was more wondering about the base speed. So you do get the 15% base speed increase and I was not just imagining things :)

I do love Smuggle as a non-stealth toon. At the very least, it prompts coordinated actions to start with.

First tier talent, got to put a point into it, before the 15% buff

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with this thread. it is one of the only one's I've seen that has been dedicated to asking legitimate questions and giving good advice without turning into a flame fest. The fact that it is about operatives and still has managed to stay on track without QQ or insults is awesome.

Is alacrity worth it? I've seen people with around 5% alacrity and I'm guessing it would be a little better for getting off attacks but not as much damage. Some operatives just seem to attack so fast.

there used to be a proc for it in scrapper tree. it's prolly still part of the discipline. iirc, it was never worth taking alac to achieve. just use the built in perks. but iunno if that's changed or whatnot. they could be getting a buff from mercs or sents as well.

Edited by foxmob

...one thing I dont see many other scoundrels doing is using both roll and the "sneaky talent" at the begining of hutball or the begining of a map. You can toggle stealth to reset the cooldown on sneak, and esentially give yourself a 50% speed boost indefinately while out of combat. It is just risky to do so as it takes you out of stealth.

Always use this at the start of huttball to grab the ball first, heading for a node at the beginning of ACW or NC. Gets you between nodes quicker too. And yes, people forget they've got it. I'll often break stealth racing between doors on Voidstar to try and get a quick second plant. You can restealth as soon as you've triggered it, and keep the speed up back in stealth.

there used to be a proc for it in scrapper tree...

Flechette Round used to proc 6% alacrity, now it's 6% crit chance. Think there was a talent for a few % alacrity low in Dirty Fighting, I forget.

Create a quick operative to find out, the best way to beat an enemy is to be the enemy

While creating and running a character may give you an idea what a character can do, getting good on a particular AC is a significant undertaking, and might not even be possible depending on your natural predisposition. There are of course the players who can easily pick up absolutely anything it seems, and hit the ground running. For the rest of us, tbh, moving off the main might actually be detrimental to progress.

• 2 years later...
It would be easier to help you if you could provide us with a wee bit of info so the responses are less generalized and hopefully can be more directly relating to the class you are playing. Class/Spec/level/utilities/gear will be a nice start. Please share. :)

Roll-

One "general" tip on operatives/scoundrels is to understand that "rolling is life". If I can't roll then I can't be nearly as competitive as I want to be. More importantly, I can't get away to leech a few more seconds of life from an encounter. When I can't roll I know there is a very high likelihood that I may need to start popping some of my CD's. I don't wanna do that. I'd rather just roll. So this stresses me and makes start to look for escape routes if things do get hot and I need to vanish/stealth. So now my concentration is...lets say "thinned" a bit? People, on average, do not make good decisions when under pressure. One of the easiest ways to apply some simple passive pressure to ops/scounds is to prevent them from rolling with something like electro-net. GRRR! Any "slow" is irritating to me when on my operative. More than any other class, possibly?

Dots-

Yuck! Get them off of me...NAOW! Hate the dots, I do. Dot me the moment you see me if you can apply it before I open on you or another person. :D

It's more passive pressure that prevents me from being able to simply stealth out. I know if I need to vanish....but if dotted...I am also gonna need to use a cleanse before I stealth or I am going to need to use evasion....which means I can't use evasion to avoid a potential big incoming hit if I need to use it to escape. So dot me, watch me cleanse it, then dot me again. Although not all operatives cleanse....so ya got that goin' for ya! ;)

The Pocket-

Stay face to face with me. Don't let me get in the pocket. That's the "dance" you gotta learn. Keep me in front of you and don't let me get behind you. When I'm sitting in the pocket..? My tools...and worse for you, my "options" increase a lot. Don't let me stand there. You'll regret it 99/100 times. I will be angling for that position the moment I happen on you. You should be angling to keep me in front of you, always.

Anyways, more information from ya, my man. :)

Yeah placing a dot would be nice if bioware hadn't taken it away from deception!