Coming back, renaming!?!?!?

Demonix

Hi,

I want to come back to SWTOR, might not stay very long since I can't play my old characters, I have to rename them but nothing works, even random typing, it always says name unavailable, what gives!?

Thank god I made no purchase and only used the 7 free days...

Hi,

I want to come back to SWTOR, might not stay very long since I can't play my old characters, I have to rename them but nothing works, even random typing, it always says name unavailable, what gives!?

Thank god I made no purchase and only used the 7 free days...

well there can be lots going on.

you may be trying to use a reserved name (or part of a reserved name, or something similar to a reserved name) or unrecognized char (which probably the random typing hits).

if you are trying to be unique like everyone else and choose Revan, Yoda,skywalker, obi-wan, shan, vader, etc. good luck.

you can do things like add hyphens, alt chars (as someone said a and e substitutions are popular), try random name generator and find something you can live with or change to fit.

It really isn't hard to find a name unless you are trying to be like everyone else

if you are trying to be unique like everyone else and choose Revan, Yoda,skywalker, obi-wan, shan, vader, etc. good luck.

I often wonder if people get massive headaches when thinking of names like that... Feels really, really, really hard to fathom such inquisitive and creative mind. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked