Jung Ma's 3.0 PvP Class Records

ExiaFanatic

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balanced class right? ( Pyro or AP btw? )

The most balanced. What's funny is that's almost all single target. I only used Death from Above/Mortar Volley once and I rarely use Explosive Dart/Sticky Grenade because it screws up heat/ammo management. Oh, and my biggest hit is really low for some reason.

Also, AP. You can see I'm in High Energy Cell.

Edited by Aetrus

The most balanced. What's funny is that's almost all single target. I only used Death from Above/Mortar Volley once and I rarely use Explosive Dart/Sticky Grenade because it screws up heat/ammo management. Oh, and my biggest hit is really low for some reason.

Also, AP. You can see I'm in High Energy Cell.

I don't see how sticky screws up energy management. Sticky, Tactical Surge, and Rocket Punch all share the same ammo cost and can be used interchangeably when necessary. Although using sticky is usually a DPS loss because it's damage is so low that you need it to hit minimum 3 targets for it to be better than a tactical surge, thus it's useless outside of ranged HiB proccing and start of combat opener.

I don't see how sticky screws up energy management. Sticky, Tactical Surge, and Rocket Punch all share the same ammo cost and can be used interchangeably when necessary. Although using sticky is usually a DPS loss because it's damage is so low that you need it to hit minimum 3 targets for it to be better than a tactical surge, thus it's useless outside of ranged HiB proccing and start of combat opener.

You don't use them interchangeably, you use Sticky Grenade in your burst rotation with Assault Plastique so that both plus HiB go off at the same time for...shock and awe. The problem is that it makes you too energy negative. You can see here that I only use 8 Rapid Shots over a 3 minute parse. You can't do that using Sticky Grenade in your rotation without delaying other, harder hitting abilities. But in solo ranked when you're looking to blow someone up suddenly before they pay enough attention to pop CDs, it's a good move to use and it isn't that weak; hits for like 5.5k on a crit.

Also Rocket Punch costs less than your other abilities if you have your DPS set bonus. :p

You don't use them interchangeably, you use Sticky Grenade in your burst rotation with Assault Plastique so that both plus HiB go off at the same time for...shock and awe. The problem is that it makes you too energy negative. You can see here that I only use 8 Rapid Shots over a 3 minute parse. You can't do that using Sticky Grenade in your rotation without delaying other, harder hitting abilities. But in solo ranked when you're looking to blow someone up suddenly before they pay enough attention to pop CDs, it's a good move to use and it isn't that weak; hits for like 5.5k on a crit.

Also Rocket Punch costs less than your other abilities if you have your DPS set bonus. :p

I say that they are interchangeable because you can use a sticky anywhere in your rotation where you would normally use a tactical surge and it makes no difference for ammo. Now whether using sticky in any of those positions is actually useful in a practical situation is a different question.

And there are situations where using sticky will not delay any hard hitters. An example being coming out of the 3rd stack Hib you could then proceed to do > filler > Assault Plastic > sticky (proc) > Hib (w/ AP detonation) > Cell Burst (w/ sticky detonation) That rotation uses no more ammo than a standard block would, and it nets more burst, although the single target overall DPS is lower.