Remove MVP votes. No one uses correctly

Drklight

Pretty much what the title is. No actually give MVP votes to those who are actually mvp. Instead we give it those who get barely over 100k damage and only 1000 objective points. Get rid of this and instead give more valor to those with high number of medals. 62 valor for every medal above 8.

Because this clearly isn't biased towards classes that have a joking ease getting medals (assassin, guardian specifically).

Who cares about MVP siht? it doesnt even work to seize e-peens

The "who cares" is that MVPs are supposed to give bonuses to comms and valor.

GSF currently has a system of MVP where the person with most of something ; objective, damage, healing, kills, et cetera ; gets an MVP, but oftentimes those are the LVPs because they spend their time doing random medal stuff instead of helping teams.

And yes, guild premades vote for guildies, not random people they don't know.

I would not get too hung up on it.

I never got any. Even when I was doing a good job and helped people.

Instead Tanks & Healers usually get them. No-one else.

It's another "closed circles" problem, imho. People vote among themselves (guilds, premades, friends ...).

Edit : Peelers NEVER get any votes as well - because they are "invisible". And they are invisible because no-one notices how much help peeling actually is.

Peelers are those who help others getting to the datacore first, because the peelers hold the other team members away from them. Of course peelers get no votes, because they are invisible. Those who are the first at the datacore get most of the votes instead, I'm sure. (Speaking of Voidstar, my favourite example.)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Pretty much what the title is. No actually give MVP votes to those who are actually mvp. Instead we give it those who get barely over 100k damage and only 1000 objective points. Get rid of this and instead give more valor to those with high number of medals. 62 valor for every medal above 8.

The whole point is to be able to recognize that that guy did something insanely useful that the system doesn't account for. Stealing a pylon just before a loss for instance. They could have been mediocre contributors before then but they saw that opportunity and took it and the team won. That deserves at least potential for reward. Don't worry about money that's not intended for you. Just keep on farming. You'll still come out on top.

It's another "closed circles" problem, imho. People vote among themselves (guilds, premades, friends ...).

Edit : Peelers NEVER get any votes as well - because they are "invisible". And they are invisible because no-one notices how much help peeling actually is.

Peelers are those who help others getting to the datacore first, because the peelers hold the other team members away from them. Of course peelers get no votes, because they are invisible. Those who are the first at the datacore get most of the votes instead, I'm sure. (Speaking of Voidstar, my favourite example.)

I got MVPs as a non-high-damaging gunslinger. People notice when your stuns and CC keep them alive and you always show up at just the right time. Now I just die of course but I guess that's to balance for having once been useful.

I'm a professional node guard. ;)

Sometimes I get MVP's. Since I'm often not near the big time action, I give my MVP to people who show up to help defend, or who I see being helpful to other players in chat. I don't usually get to see how awesome your AoE was.

I guess those wouldn't qualify as "right" by the OP, but I don't care anyways.

There have been several novare coasts, or civil war matches where I got top medals, top objectives, most damage taken, least deaths, most kills and most damage, AND didnt get the mvp vote, not gonna lie, it was a kick to the groin when I saw the guy who died the most, with the least objective points, under 100 k damage as a dps get the vote. MVP should be rewarded automatically to those with the best stats and most medals. Edited by mmmbuddah

sorry but i can't distinguish the mvp among all those sages and shadows..unless someone does something remarkable, i ain't going to vote another over my buddies if he done just 100k more damage, healing or protection..

juggs are first in medals facerolling and in general the numbers to get them are still lvl 50, also groups are split sometimes so you don't always see the decisive action if there's any..

Edited by JouerTue

With that logic we should really remove the pvp forum. No one actually uses it correctly. There aren't any kind of constructive discussions for new players to get useful tips without some special snowflake getting his panties in a bunch because he read that his way of playing/clicking is not a good idea. Instead we get passive aggressive whining because someone didn't recognize your greatness in a warzone. Adding insult to injury, you then had the audacity to tell someone else to grow up.

Have a nice day.

Pretty much what the title is. No actually give MVP votes to those who are actually mvp.

Haha who cares?

If premade I vote for guildies or queue buddies. If PUG I vote for funny char names, the guy who backfilled and has straight zeroes or close to it, or maybe someone who actually did a good job. I'm not voting for your 800 dps.

Edited by Joesixxpack

"No one uses correctly".

Lets see, if I for example stealth over and take over a node for my team, putting us in the lead, then naturally, people might want to vote for me as MVP even if I didn't have the highest numbers on the team, since in the end I helped the team win, or in Huttball if I score 3 times out of the 6 it takes to win, even if I didn't have the biggest numbers again.

No one uses it correctly IN YOUR OPINION. You can still give your MVP vote to who you feel deserves it dude, but it's up to the rest of us if we "use it correctly"

Edited by Sangrar

Yep on my powertech after 2nd door has been planted I take that single ramp down and place oilslick, stealth scan and flamesweep slow everyone coming in and out, that sage or sin who tries to force speed past I pull them back, if more than one gets past I leap and continue to flamesweep the whole way following the horde of players as they desperately try to get to their door.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.