The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We NEED full auto back!

Sneeeeek

We NEED it back! Or else its just a useless stick! i just wanna get my vanguard to level 50! im at level 44, been working on its for 2 months.Bioware shouldnt be messing with the game, the game is fine, leave it alone. This shouldnt even be an online game, this shouldve been KOTOR 3, but we get swtor and now we have the developers messing with the game making whats convinient for THEM and not us! there has to be some way we can petition to get it back! this is infuriating.

or maybe... maybe...

You could stand closer than 30m!

Its not only possible, but actually faster, to level as a PT/VG without using full auto. It was only useful in end-game and pre-level 10 situations as a VG/PT, and the in-between phases had Ion Pulse/Flame Burst and Tactical Surge/Magnetic Blast being a better filler option.

In that entire paragraph you never stated once why the ability is actually needed

You know EXACTLY why it needs to be back, i didnt think their needed to be an explanation on why it has to come back. And actually i did, i said its just a useless stick now. I have no idea why people like you are smarting off to the people not comfortable with the removal of Full Auto. Its a very good dps side ability. Thats why, and it gives the weapon a use. If you hate full auto THAT much kan, then you take it out of your quickbar. You dont remove it from the game

Its a very good dps side ability. Thats why, and it gives the weapon a use.

You picked up wrong AC then.

Or you one of those PT/VG that prefer to fight from a distance (i'v seen that a lot).

Do yourself a favour and read some guides about proper rotations.

Actually, no, we do not "NEED" a 30m channeled ability for a melee ranged class. Altho I personally stopped using it after 3.0, I understand why some people liked it, and are kinda sad that it's gone. But to say that you NEED it, is completely ridiculous.

Oh you need full auto back? Get used to it, we operatives got used to losing the 2 coolest abilities in game.

True, although we didnt need it it was nice to have when doing dailies and just messing around. I feel your pain on the operative, i used to have one on my alt but taking away those abilities was just a kick in the nuts. Our weapon is unused now except for auto attack. But like other people said, if you were using full auto in your rotation you are doing it wrong.

Edited by Kodite

• 1 month later...
Full auto had some situational use in PVP, but it was far from mandatory. If you were rooted, had Hold the Line on cooldown, and had all of your other 30m abilities on cooldown, yeah, full auto was some nice filler damage, I guess. It really isn't an ability that fits with the intended play style for vanguards. If anything you're bring greedy. Vanguards can still do way more at long range than any other melee class can. Count your blessings.

Full auto had some situational use in PVP, but it was far from mandatory. If you were rooted, had Hold the Line on cooldown, and had all of your other 30m abilities on cooldown, yeah, full auto was some nice filler damage, I guess. It really isn't an ability that fits with the intended play style for vanguards. If anything you're bring greedy. Vanguards can still do way more at long range than any other melee class can. Count your blessings.

Did you seriously just say that? Vanguards. Cannot do. ANYTHING. Ranged! There is no burst shots like for commando, and no full auto, Vanguards have the absolute WORST armor and dps. I believe shadow has fine melee and range, atleast better than Vanguard. Ops and snipers have burst damage, like hardcore dps. Vanguard is one of the worst classes in the world, and now its worse, sorry, but its true. It has been discussed heavily before.

Did you seriously just say that? Vanguards. Cannot do. ANYTHING. Ranged! There is no burst shots like for commando, and no full auto, Vanguards have the absolute WORST armor and dps. I believe shadow has fine melee and range, atleast better than Vanguard. Ops and snipers have burst damage, like hardcore dps. Vanguard is one of the worst classes in the world, and now its worse, sorry, but its true. It has been discussed heavily before.

I seriously hope you are trolling. PTs are fine.

I'm having a hard time believing that you've actually played either of these classes. Vanguards have high impact bolt, sticky grenade, assault plastique, incendiary round, and morter volley at 30m range. Shadows have low slash and sever force. Why would you say something so ignorant?

You are complaining that vanguards have no burst, even though tactics spec has some of the best burst in the game. If I have this correctly, you actually think VG burst would be better if it had full auto back? Yeah, this is a bad topic.

Edited by HaoZhao

I seriously hope you are trolling. PTs are fine.

You are ignorant, im not a troll. High impact bolt is like nothing compared to full auto and you guys know it. My mind is totally blown, people are supporting its removal, unbelievable. If yall are trolling me out of revenge for what i said about the female gender in this game...

VG/PT is a melee class. They shouldn't be able to do ranged damage. Shut up and deal with it.

/threadclosed

You are ignorant, im not a troll. High impact bolt is like nothing compared to full auto and you guys know it. My mind is totally blown, people are supporting its removal, unbelievable. If yall are trolling me out of revenge for what i said about the female gender in this game...

Dude, you were comparing Vanguard to a Commando. These 2 classes are different by design. Commando is meant to keep its distance and to attack from a distance.

Vanguard is meant to stay up close and personal. Vanguard is designed to be within melee range most of the time. Vanguard is actually the only melee class that can continue its rotation from 10-15m without to muhc dps loss.

Add to that that Vanguard is a class with heavy armor. You compared Vanguard armor to a Shadow, which uses light armor. Vanguard has waaaay better armor than a shadow.

So long story short, Vanguards do not need Full Auto. Vanguards have plenty of abilities to use in 10-15m range.

It would be a ranged class if it had full auto back since thats the trooper-like/lore-like make-sense type of move for a blaster rifle/default soldier type class it has 6 30m moves (including full auto, not including default attack) not counting thermal detonator or incendiary round which also have 30m range. Also Trooper/Vanguard is a mixed class not melee especially if they give full auto back or a adequate replacement SINCE it has 30m ranged special abilties which are useful for taking down people that are at range or running away or low health. Also it gives the class more depth anyone who picked trooper most likely did it cause it was most likely to be a ranged class the range shouldnt be restricted to a full blown assault cannon class where you suck at melee range cause you just get cut down thats why i liked the versatility of vanguard you had a mixture of short range defensive moves and long range blaster-oriented versatile moves to complement its marine/soldier motif. (AND THEY TOOK OUT THE MOST ICONIC BLASTER/SOLDIER/MARINE/TROOPER MOVE -->NEEDS FIX/REPLACEMENT<--) Thats why im hoping the devs put their head back on and restore this widely known/accepted type of ability that is finely demonstrated in assault rifles even in the real world. or give a better replacement since anyone with sense knows a soldier class with an assault rifle should have full auto move simple as that rofl really no debate at all if ppl just use their brain. (restore it devs ffs or replace it with a better, full auto-like move dont just remove it it was fine as is plz fix kthxbye :D)