Ok Bioware, Great first step, now do something to make each spec viable again

Kaos_KidSWTOR

3.1.1, great first step to viable marauders, now we need more. Here's what I think should happen to make Marauders more viable.

1. Default Obfuscate needs 10m range. This is a PvP based change, it's really annoying to need to take a utility for something that Snipers can do at slightly less effectiveness at up to 35m range... boost the cooldown if you have to, but give us 10m range for default Obfusicate.

2a. REMOVE THE RANGE LIMITER FOR FORCE LEAP FOR CARNAGE... I can't stress this enough, Carnage cannot stick on a target even with these new changes, I've yet to use the new Inescapeable because I need the reduced CD and increased duration for UR to even stay remotely alive and, I doubt a 3s root will allow you to stay on target.

OR

2b. Meld Undying with Relentless, and Subjgation with Displacement, move the new melded skills to Heroic tier if they are not already there. This would allow for people to take Inescapable and the new melded Undying + Relentless to both stick on a target and stay alive, which is what Marauders need.

3. Increase Duration for Gore. Simple as increasing it to 4.5s and it will be a perfectly FINE SKILL...

4. Change Furious Defence to increase DAMAGE REDUCTION instead of DEFENCE CHANCE by 5% (down from 10%). This would make Fury more viable.

5. Revert Anni to it's original Pre 3.0 form and fit Force Rend in there somewhere (maybe a replacement for Vicious Slash with a small DoT that deals like 3k damage over 3s?)

6. Move Defensive Forms to a PASSIVE not a UTILITY!!!!!!!

All of these changes would make Marauders and Sentinels viable again in PvP and PvE without being OP for either.

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

New Masterful Utility:

Ravager

Can move while channeling ravage. In addition, during the duration of ravage you are immune to movement impairing effects.

New Addition to fury system:

Wrath (defensive)

When you take damage you are granted 1 stack of wrath, this effect cant happen more then once every 1.5 or 2 seconds. Maximum 10 stacks.

Predation:

Convert 10 stacks of wrath to initiate Predation to you and your party granting 50% Movement speed and 10% defense for 10 secs. You (The caster) are immune to movement impairing effects for the duration.

Brooding:

Channel hatred grants 30 stacks of fury and 10 stacks of wrath over 15 secs.

Unbound - Predation now additionally Grants 30% more movement speed during the duration. In addition, Saber ward grants you immunity to Incapacitating effects for its duration.

If defensive forms is made base line

replace it with:

Defensive Training

Reduce the cooldown of your Saber Ward by 60 seconds. In addition, your Saber Ward does the following:

Juyo: Heal for 60% of you max HP over the duration

Ataru: Increase the force and tech reduction by 15%

Shi-cho: Reflect x% damage back to attacker for its duration

gist of it is, marauders need a complete rework of our utilities list, these are ideas that i think will address our issues for survivability + Up time on targets reliably

This is stuff we need, but bioware will never care about our suggestions.

>Force Camouflage now additionally grants immunity to controlling effects for its full duration. Dealing direct damage ends this immunity.

So we get a purge to controlling effects, its a start...

Maybe *looks at Bioware* give same effect to saber ward and/or cloak of pain....?

ONLY REASON----> The only snare i will break is one that is put on me and any stray AOE stun/snare during the duration of FC, and with 4-8 people on the enemy team I cant imagine ANYONE AT ALL throwing ANY AOE stuns/snares anywhere.

Que "Changes every Sent and Mara would like to see" Thread #12694345978434543645

Yes, Defensive Forms should be a passive

Yes, Gore/Precision should be back to 4.5 secs

Yes, Watchman need a complete retro-rebuild (ie put it back to pre 3.0 standards)

Fury/Concentration is fine

My only addition: Give Twin Saber Throw a slight damage buff. 10-20%.

Enjoy :)

As wonderful as all these ideas are, BW has made it clear they have absolutely every intention to do nothing about what you all just wrote. The utter lack of communication and feedback they've displayed toward the community's ideas on the matter are more than enough reason for us all to just give up, pack up and reroll jugg.

I'm not totally sure why you people even try. Bioware buffs/nerfs on a 6 month - 1 year basis. Best thing for you to do is to unsub until the buffs eventually hit. Might take two years though, as that was how long it took for Sages and Sorcs.

I agree, even just these two points would be enough to make the class more balanced.

Actually, 3-minutes cooldown on GBTF are ridiculous, especially in Warzones.

Que "Changes every Sent and Mara would like to see" Thread #12694345978434543645

Yes, Watchman need a complete retro-rebuild (ie put it back to pre 3.0 standards)

Fury/Concentration is fine

My only addition: Give Twin Saber Throw a slight damage buff. 10-20%.

Enjoy :)

Heh, slight damage boost to Twin Saber Throw? Why not let our enemies fear the mighty dual saber wielders (as they should) and boost it slightly by.. %75? That'll teach enemies to step within 30 feet of the mighty melee gods.

They need to buff Combat spec. It's pretty gimped right now. The new 6-set favors watchman a lot more. Have they forgotten us combat sentinels?

Here's a few ideas to do justice to the spec:

- Precision window need to be 4 second like before, not the now 3 second.

- When dispatch, it also need to be an automatic crit

- Master Strike need to be able to channel while moving.

- remove the 6-set's 1min limit.

- refund 1 focus when attaru form procs (cannot occur more than once very 6 seconds)

- combat spec's base alacrity bonus be 5% (up from 3%)

Edited by seektravota

They need to buff Combat spec. It's pretty gimped right now. The new 6-set favors watchman a lot more. Have they forgotten us combat sentinels?

Here's a few ideas to do justice to the spec:

- Precision window need to be 4 second like before, not the now 3 second.

- When dispatch, it also need to be an automatic crit

- Master Strike need to be able to channel while moving.

- remove the 6-set's 1min limit.

- refund 1 focus when attaru form procs (cannot occur more than once very 6 seconds)

- combat spec's base alacrity bonus be 5% (up from 3%)

Thats exactly what this spec needs. Maybe minus alacrity change and focus from ataru - they are not really needed imo :rak_03:

• 4 weeks later...
New Masterful Utility:

Defensive Training

Reduce the cooldown of your Saber Ward by 60 seconds. In addition, your Saber Ward does the following:

Juyo: Heal for 60% of you max HP over the duration

Ataru: Increase the force and tech reduction by 15%

Shi-cho: Reflect x% damage back to attacker for its duration

gist of it is, marauders need a complete rework of our utilities list, these are ideas that i think will address our issues for survivability + Up time on targets reliably

This is stuff we need, but bioware will never care about our suggestions.

60% is too much. 50%-55% seems good. Along with a 20% armor increased passive?

In addition I would also suggest reducing the cost of smash / force sweep as it hits like a wet noodle but costs 3 rage it makes dot spreading on anni difficult as it always totally gimps your rage management unless it one if those rare times you actually have extra.

By like a wet noodle I mean my smash on my tank hits harder and costs 1 rage

And yeah don't forget about carnage its no fun to play any more either.

Edited by WheresMyWhisky