How much Crit for AP? (In pvp)

Should I be running high crit? Or low crit and high power?

I am currently running 22% crit for those 15k Energy blasts on sorcs... But my overall dps isn't that great I feel. its usually around 1500 in a ranked match (I topped out at 2k dps but that is very rare).

I saw one pt get 2600 dps in a ranked match -_- Thats single target remember. I've only seen sins get that when they fight 4 people haha.

So do you think you do higher dps with high crit or high power? Please list percentages

Should I be running high crit? Or low crit and high power?

I am currently running 22% crit for those 15k Energy blasts on sorcs... But my overall dps isn't that great I feel. its usually around 1500 in a ranked match (I topped out at 2k dps but that is very rare).

I saw one pt get 2600 dps in a ranked match -_- Thats single target remember. I've only seen sins get that when they fight 4 people haha.

So do you think you do higher dps with high crit or high power? Please list percentages

25%.

/5chars

You don't take crit rating. AP is a burst spec, crit rating is only useful for over time sustained.

Just no. There are six abilities that that get increased surge bonus (prototype weapon systems, level 48), so you want to run some crit. Your answer is what people gave for pyro pre-3.0 and it was wrong back then. I don't know how much crit you need for AP now, but less than 250 more than 100 would probably work.

Nope. Also pre 3.0 Pyro took crit because of how well crit and dots go together.

AP is a pure burst spec, it's purpose is to burst things down in a very short time frame.

Crit is bad in short durations bursts. Statistically the majority of the time, that 4% crit won't even come into play during the burst window. Add on the fact that Explosive Fuel and the 6pc autocrat setbonus devalue crit rating even more, the usefulness of Crit in a PvP situation for AP becomes practically non-existent.

This is a PvP thread, maybe you shouldn't post in threads about things you know little about.

Without any auto crit, the surge bonus is useless without extra crit. So running 0 crit like you're implying is not smart.

go full power build for AP in PvP

Mabye you shouldn't answer people if you have no idea what you're talking about...

Anyways, I curretly run around 300 crit rating, and it works pretty well as most if of the attacks you should use has a 30% surge bonus.

Zoom is correct and I do believe he has more of an idea about VG/PT`s then other ppl who casually play a class and think they understand it, that`s what his constant posts about VG/PT matters lead me to believe where I stumble upon them(and their all PvP related)

Edited by iDraxter

Without any auto crit, the surge bonus is useless without extra crit. So running 0 crit like you're implying is not smart.

You get 21% crit in full Dark Reaver if you are running a full power build. pushing it up to 25% is only a 4% increase, which in a burst situation is negligible.

In order for crit rating to be useful for a burst class you would have to be able to get enough crit rating to be able to push your crit% high enough to consistently see results in a the very short burst window. However the current returns on crit rating simply are not high enough for that to be true.

At the moment my VG's at 25.61% (around 246 crit stacked). Been alternating between this and a full power build. I prefer the crit build for YOLO ranked.

Excuse me? Do I need to log into the game and slap you?

Edited by Zoom_VI

At the moment my VG's at 25.61% (around 246 crit stacked). Been alternating between this and a full power build. I prefer the crit build for YOLO ranked.
YOLO?! that is the last place u want to stack any crit in......PT`s are focused 1st, ur purpose is to do as much dmg as possible before u drop, your auto crit and Explosive fuel is more then enough crit for ur brief life span.

YOLO?! that is the last place u want to stack any crit in......PT`s are focused 1st, ur purpose is to do as much dmg as possible before u drop, your auto crit and Explosive fuel is more then enough crit for ur brief life span.

I gave up on trying to talk sense into Grizz ages ago, I don't even inspect his gear anymore because it makes me gag everytime. :rak_03:

Edited by Zoom_VI