The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone planning a fond goodbye to Plasmatech

ThomasCool

Because the rotational horror that it shall become tomorrow should be buried beneath 20t of concrete, then paved over .

T.

You missed the part where it was then shot into a star, then the star blown up with the sun crusher, then the resulting supernova being consumed by a black hole :p

Since I may switch to vanguard for damage in pve (and shelve my shadow to only tank), in all seriousness what current boss fights would the new plasmatech have an advantage? Either where survivability isn't an issue or damage potential is higher.

I know tactics well but haven't even tried plasmatech due to the upcoming changes.

Plasmatech Vanguard

12/2/2014 - 03/10(ish)/2015

You were a dear friend who seemed to always be there when the raid needed a little boost to sustained single target DPS (or when I wanted to keep Tom in his rightful 2nd place). I'll always think of you fondly as an old friend who had a fun rotation and was surprisingly not complained about by the PVP community. And though the devs will likely never explain this ninja double nerf that was not asked for and has soured more than a few peoples perception of how the game is managed, we will all remember our time playing you with great joy. I hope you enjoy your time in spec heaven along with the original Assault VG spec and a score of others who were absolutely shattered by dev changes which were too large to truthfully be balanced with any degree of accuracy.

Goodbye dear friend. :(

Seriously though, I thought the new discipline system was created so they could fine-tune the different specs, not keep randomly swinging heavy-handed nerf bats.

Edited by MulletManTim

Very Nice Eulogy Tim,

That being said... I was gonna make a comment about wishful thinking, but now is not the time

T.

P.S. People played Plasma because of its higher single target and it more enjoyable rotation.

Edited by ThomasCool

Goodnight pyrotech, I hardly knew you.

You were a cluster**** every since the clueless EAware combat team aborted you. They took all of your best abilities and gave them to AP. Then they took away what little damage and burst you had left, leaving you naked, defenseless and pathetic in raids and PVP.

RIP. This may get me banned, but I really don't care at this point Biofail.

R.I.P. My fairly fresh faced Pyro PT, who I levelled and played from 3.0 and thoroughly enjoyed the rotation on. It was a pleasant dalliance for the time we had together, much too short.

To be blunt, tried playing it since the patch, so much for the sweet lovely rotation and nice heat management. I guess having Pyro and AP was being too greedy.

Also, lol at the 1.5sGCD now on shoulder cannon, I think I may well be freeing up 2 server slots shortly. :rolleyes:

It's ironic that pyrotech was one of the few specs that even the PvP community had universal consensus about being 'fine', but it's the one that's gotten nerfed the hardest.

In ranked, pyrotechs were always ignored till the end, unlike AP pts.

BRB speccing pyro in ranked so I can last more than 10 seconds