The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

12 x XP for class-missions

Azibux

Agreed. I'm glad they'll be adding it!

Do you mean "IF they add it"?

To date, I have seen nothing from the devs to indicate that they will be adding a 12XP boost.

If you are making assumptions based on someone's datamining, that is your option, but I will point out that datamining is NOT confirmation. In the games i have played, many things found by datamining do not even make it into the game, and of the ones that do make it to game, often it is not in the manner people wanted or expected.

I'll accept the decision of the devs, either way, but will you, or the majority of those demanding a "light speed, easy mode, fast pass to max level", accept the devs' decision if the decision does not go your way?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as pointed out, non-subs cannot post on the forums. How many of those WOULD sub if they knew they could eventually work up to 12xXP?

It could be a very small percentage, or it could be more. We have no way of knowing.

We also do not know how many will simply use a 12XP boost to blow through the class stories and then leave the game, nor do we know how many will remain subbed and continue playing.

I do not see any more validity in "they may get more subs if they give the mice their new, most desired cookie" than there is in "if they give the mice what they want, it may cost them in the long run." Either one is pure speculation.

My personal opinion is that some of the mice will take their cookie and leave once they have gotten all they want from it, and the mice that do not leave once they have eaten their fill will ultimately tire of their new, favorite cookie and find another one they have to have. That is only MY opinion. I have no doubt that yours will be different.

Is that what I said or do you need to continue to lie about what people say?

Did I say you should not do ANY work for a master's degree or did I say you should not HAVE TO REPEAT GENERAL EDUCATION CLASSES for your master's.

Or are you going to be to lazy to answer my questions?

If you are talking specifically about general education classes, then let me ask you, did you have to complete any general education classes that you had already done in high school for your bachelor's degree? I know that I did not.

I did not have to repeat any general education classes (or any of the classes I did to get my high school diploma, for that matter) to get a bachelor's degree. That's like doing the planetary side quests on my first character for the extra experience I needed to stay appropriately leveled and doing PVP on character number 2 to get that extra experience needed and running KDY on character number three to keep myself at the appropriate level.

Could I have taken some classes that would refresh or review the material I had completed in high school? Yes. That would be like doing all those planetary side quests on every one of my characters.

It'll come...patience.

It will. It will make money, not lose it. It'll be loved by many more than disliked by those who are envious of the low Legacy level it will be bind to and those who think "but in real life u have to rinse and repeat too!". Little darlings, this is a game, not your studies or your work. :D

It'll come...patience.

So you have no proof to back up your claim.

As I said, I am prepared to accept the devs decision either way. Are you?

I do think it likely that we will see a limited time 12XP promotion before the next expansion, though.

So you have no proof to back up your claim.

As I said, I am prepared to accept the devs decision either way. Are you?

I do think it likely that we will see a limited time 12XP promotion before the next expansion, though.

Well with the free high levels other MMO's are giving out with their expacs/cash shops, i'm expecting SWTOR to do the same thing. Either that or perma 12x exp story missions with legacy of some type.

Edited by Killance

Well with the free high levels other MMO's are giving out with their expacs/cash shops, i'm expecting SWTOR to do the same thing. Either that or perma 12x exp story missions with legacy of some type.

This. The grind in swtor sucks. 12xXP is fun.

Well with the free high levels other MMO's are giving out with their expacs/cash shops, i'm expecting SWTOR to do the same thing. Either that or perma 12x exp missions with legacy of some type.

How many MMO's are giving away FREE high level characters? I know of NONE.

I know WoW gave ONE boost to 90 with purchase of the new expansion and they are charging $60 (hardly free) for additional boosts to 90. 90 is not even the max level, BTW. Even WoW's boost does not get you to max level. You still need to do the exact same quests on each character to get to 100.

This game gave us a limited time 12XP boost right before the last expansion and they give us double XP weekends.

I would not be surprised to see another large XP boost before the next expansion.

Edited by Ratajack

If you are talking specifically about general education classes, then let me ask you, did you have to complete any general education classes that you had already done in high school for your bachelor's degree? I know that I did not.

English Composition

Ancient European History (Greece & Rome)

Statistics

Physical Education

I know WoW gave ONE boost to 90 with purchase of the new expansion and they are charging $60 (hardly free) for additional boosts to 90. 90 is not even the max level, BTW. Even WoW's boost does not get you to max level. You still need to do the exact same quests on each character to get to 100.

This game gave us a limited time 12XP boost right before the last expansion and they give us double XP weekends.

I would not be surprised to see another large XP boost before the next expansion.

I did say "With", didn't I? I mentioned Cash Shops as well. I also said "high levels", not max.

Edited by Killance

English Composition

Ancient European History (Greece & Rome)

Statistics

Physical Education

I'm only speaking for myself, but I know I did not have to repeat anything I had already done in high school to get my bachelor's degree. YMMV.

I did say "With", didn't I? I mentioned Cash Shops as well. I also said "high levels", not max.

I guess you could say that WoW gave ONE free boost to 90, even if you had to spend money to get it.

The WoW cash shop boosts cannot even be remotely considered free.

I'll ask you a little differently. How many games give high level boosts, either free or paid?

I've not played every game on the market, so I only know of the ones you can buy for WoW at the cost of $60 per character, which would equate to roughly 7200 CC's PER CHARACTER, far more than most would like to see, I'm sure. I'd say 7200 CC's is fair comparison, though, since you still have to actually level to 100 in WoW, just as you would still have to level in this game, although leveling would be a light speed.

If BW were to charge 7200 (or even 5000) CC's PER CHARACTER for that "light speed, easy mode, fast pass to max level", how many do you think would actually use it, and how many do you think would simply complain about the cost and cry "Why isn't it FREE? I deserve FREE. I'm a subscriber."?

I guess you could say that WoW gave ONE free boost to 90, even if you had to spend money to get it.

The WoW cash shop boosts cannot even be remotely considered free.

I'll ask you a little differently. How many games give high level boosts, either free or paid?

I've not played every game on the market, so I only know of the ones you can buy for WoW at the cost of $60 per character, which would equate to roughly 7200 CC's PER CHARACTER, far more than most would like to see, I'm sure. I'd say 7200 CC's is fair comparison, though, since you still have to actually level to 100 in WoW, just as you would still have to level in this game, although leveling would be a light speed.

If BW were to charge 7200 (or even 5000) CC's PER CHARACTER for that "light speed, easy mode, fast pass to max level", how many do you think would actually use it, and how many do you think would simply complain about the cost and cry "Why isn't it FREE? I deserve FREE. I'm a subscriber."?

Tera has a free level 50 class after you get one character to 40.

Rift has cash shop level 60 booster(also comes with CE of nightmare tide)

WoW has it's free 90 with expac and level 90 in cash shop.

Guild Wars 2 has free level 20 coupons upon birthdates.

That's it for now on the top of my head. I'll edit if I remember more.

I'd pay for it. I've already said I'd pay 60 in this thread.

my 60 dollar guess came not so much from WOW's boost. but from the average cost of a new AAA title at launch.

Honestly I'd RATHER have a watered down version of wow's boost, and would still pay for it. i wouldn't want to walk all over the story missions, I'd rather level up with those quest lines.

~~

and how did repeat character levelling, get compared to High school -> University, as opposed to, oh, i dont, multiple degrees? I dont know that you understand how an analogy works. an Alt is not a continuation of the last character... its a re-roll.

3 bachelors degrees, wouldn't take 12 years to obtain.... you do know that?

Tera has a free level 50 class after you get one character to 40.

Rift has cash shop level 60 booster(also comes with CE of nightmare tide)

WoW has it's free 90 with expac and level 90 in cash shop.

Guild Wars 2 has free level 20 coupons upon birthdates.

That's it for now on the top of my head. I'll edit if I remember more.

Thank you for the info.

Terra has ONE CLASS that starts at level 50, just as WoW has the DK that start at 55. I would NOT consider that a character boost.

I found nothing to indicate that Rift is selling character boosts, only that two versions of the CE for the last expansion had ONE character boost to level 60. I would be curious to see confirmation that they are selling character boosts and what price they are charging.

WoW, we have already discussed.

As for GW2, I would hardly call level 20 high level when the level cap is at least 80. In addition, i would hardly call 2 level 20 boost birthday gifts per year "permanent or even always available" XP boosts.

So, we're left with WoW and possibly Rift as games that allow the purchase of HIGH LEVEL character boosts. We know that WoW charges $60, roughly 7200 CC's, for their boosts. I do not know what Rift charges, if they even sell them on their cash store.

How many would be willing to pay 7200 for that "light speed, easy mode, fast pass to max level" boost?

I'd pay for it. I've already said I'd pay 60 in this thread.

my 60 dollar guess came not so much from WOW's boost. but from the average cost of a new AAA title at launch.

Honestly I'd RATHER have a watered down version of wow's boost, and would still pay for it. i wouldn't want to walk all over the story missions, I'd rather level up with those quest lines.

Ok, so you would be willing to pay 7200 CC's for that boost. How many others would?

~~

and how did repeat character levelling, get compared to High school -> University, as opposed to, oh, i dont, multiple degrees? I dont know that you understand how an analogy works. an Alt is not a continuation of the last character... its a re-roll.

3 bachelors degrees, wouldn't take 12 years to obtain.... you do know that?

For that analogy, you need to address the person that initiated it. That would not be me, BTW. I was simply addressing the attempted analogy made by another poster.

What u said has nothing to do with our game. I think ESO could use better ways to get better XP, but that's another game.

This is SWTOR, not the other MMO's u mentioned. You Post shouldn't have even been posted. Ppl don't have a right to tell us how to play after we have done so many characters. Ppl like me with Physical problems shouldn't have to do all the stupid sidequests, but only Class Story.

Ppl who don't have Physical ailments, but have done plenty of characters lvl'd to 50 to 55's and 60 should No Longer have to do anything more than Class Storyline and Companion stories.

It's really rediculous that 12X xp haters think they have a right to tell us how to play, or what legacy level we should be, or even the stupid arguement that ppl won't know how to play their Class, when in-fact they have to know how to use their Class in 12X in oder to get their missions done. I see most bad players that don't know what they're doing didn't do 12X at all. And I saw the best players able to do 12X. So ppl that say that 12X'ers don't know how to play is full of --it, asI said, most bad players were bad before 12X. The best players I saw were doing 12X, that a lot were able to handle the harder fights undergeared.

Ppl don't really have a right to complain when 12X does not, and will Not Effect other ppl, as the ppl who do 12X would hopefully just have to pay for it. The Haters of 12X will Not Have It. It will be up to the player, the way it should be.

My idea for 12X would that ppl would only be able to do it til' lvl 50. I know both sides will hate me for that lol :p

My idea for 12X would that ppl would only be able to do it til' lvl 50. I know both sides will hate me for that lol :p

Nah, I'd be cool with that.

What part of 'only want to see the story' is hard to understand?

Do people think we're just trying to deceive you all and we're really trying to ruin your endgame content?

Do people think we're just trying to deceive you all and we're really trying to ruin your endgame content?

Some people don't want us to pay a month's worth of a sub plus extra via Cartel Market to complete a story faster during that sub. Plus not factoring in people who also play a "main" and run multi-player content.

Go figure. Someone just doesn't want others to give BW more money than "necessary" ;)

Actually I proposed that earlier as well and people in favor of 12x exp BUT said it was for the story were against it. Many of them said it was about the class story. That is when the UNIQUE class story ends. So really it shows just how disingenuous their argument is.

If the character perk would cost as much as Hypercrate on Cartel Market, it would be a significant investment from a player. If the price is high enough, then requesting lower level Legacy Level could be in order, say Legacy Level 35? Anyway, I think it would make a ton of money for BioWare.