Shadow of Revan for free for subscribers?

Drahy

Hi,

I have a question regarding newest expansion Shadow of Revan. Is there any plan which makes this expansion available to subscribers fro free? And if yes when? I have several friends who play subscription and do not have much money so cannot afford the expansion will it be for free? And if yes, when?

I would like the official response/reply from BW team so no speculations or other opinions from not informed players. Thank you.

May the force be with you.

Edited by Drahy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RotHC went FREE for subscribers further down the road. Same will happen with SoR.

Still too soon however.

Yea,still upset about that one. People getting RotHC for free if they got SoR is a crock. People paid 20 dollars for that expansion and subbers had to pay 10. Either way, people were screwed out of their money.

If they do decide to do that, that means they will have to refund all of the money for subscribers that already have paid for it. So I doubt they would do that.

No, they will just give us an exclusive item that can not be found anywhere else in game. Just like hutt dlc item that players got once the dlc was free to subscriber.

The previous expansion was released in April 2013 and became free for subs in September of that same year. So for SoR it will likely be similar. So wait for an announcement in a few months or so.

Might be somewhat upsetting for those who bought it, but see it as a price to play it early. If they don't do this the game becomes less accessible for newcomers. WarCraft also started to make early expansions free recently, to the point new players only lack the most recent one. BioWare chose to make it even more accessible, which I agree with. Some more love for those who did buy it I would not mind though. Last time only some lame title was given out.

No, they will just give us an exclusive item that can not be found anywhere else in game. Just like hutt dlc item that players got once the dlc was free to subscriber.

The Dr. Oggurobb Holostatue was a pre-order incentive.

Players got it around the time RotHC was first released, NOT when it was made available for FREE to subs.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

RotHC went FREE for subscribers further down the road. Same will happen with SoR.

Still too soon however.

However if i dont recall it bad RotHC was like half price for subscribers. They could do same for SoR and put it on like 9 euro for subs, wouldn't be bad.

Edited by DeVanagloris

Hi,

I have a question regarding newest expansion Shadow of Revan. Is there any plan which makes this expansion available to subscribers fro free? And if yes when? I have several friends who play subscription and do not have much money so cannot afford the expansion will it be for free? And if yes, when?

I would like the official response/reply from BW team so no speculations or other opinions from not informed players. Thank you.

How about this you be real nice to a couple of your friends and pay for shadow of revan your self there you go problem solved.

The Dr. Oggurobb Holostatue was a pre-order incentive.

Players got it around the time RotHC was first released, NOT when it was made available for FREE to subs.

No? Now that is just sad.....should have given you guys something for buying the dlc. i guess it is apparent EAWare Austin is not zenimax..

No? Now that is just sad.....should have given you guys something for buying the dlc. i guess it is apparent EAWare Austin is not zenimax..

We got the "< character name > the Risen" title if memory serves me right.

Most underwhelming thing ever really. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

why does everyone asume that Becouse ROTHC went free for subs SOR Will go Free to?

SOR will only go free for subs if not enough subs heve the expansion if 75% of subs heve the expansion it will go free if 95 % of subs have the exp it will not go free.

Edited by loversoftwileks

Hi,

you think Bioware is going to tell you when it will go free, telling so will elliminate all sales of SOR and only when sales dry up SOR Will go free 2 play.

Hi,

If they don't have $20 to spend, they shouldn't be subbing in the first place.

Yea, yea, get off my lawn and everything, but I am right...

why does everyone asume that Becouse ROTHC went free for subs SOR Will go Free to?

SOR will only go free for subs if not enough subs heve the expansion if 75% of subs heve the expansion it will go free if 95 % of subs have the exp it will not go free.

It will eventually go free because that's consistent with how their game works... they can't push you on to the newest expansion content without running you through stuff that was granted by the previous expansion.

Now, that being said, that doesn't mean that they'll necessarily have to make the standalone purchase of SoR free... they could simply include it for free in the next expansion just like they did with RotHC in this one.

In fact, I predict that when the next paid expansion comes out, they'll drop the price for SoR by at least half but include it free with the expansion.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did that and then offered a subscriber discount on the expansion in the amount of whatever the new price of SoR became.

That way you could buy SoR only for say $5, or the new expansion for $20 and get SoR included.

If you were a subscriber, you could get the expansion for $15 and it would include SoR whether you had previously purchased it or not, but if you were too cheap for spend the money, you could get SoR for the same $5 and finally play content that everybody else got to enjoy a year earlier.

Regardless, people are going to whine about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.