Impossibility to complete Tatooine success

macifux

Hello guys,

While i want to complete all my success, i found that Tatooine success can't be ending. All of that is because there is a pve success that need the Party Jawa which was given for the change to free-ti-play economic model.

So, i have to suggest that all success which need a Party Jawa are :

- Auto-completed OR

- don't count in the success like some others (e.g : some success of "Possessions" ) OR

- a distribution of Party Jawa OR

- do you have other idea ?

Personally i think the second proposition is the best for all player. So that people who have spend a lot of time to complete that success keep it and the others who aren't subscribe since 2012 can complete all success.

P.s: really sorry for my English, i try to do my best to be understandable

Some achievements are simply going to be beyond the reach of many players. Deal with it or don't deal with it, but that's just the way it is. If it were an achievement that granted Cartel Coins maybe I could see it being an issue. But I don't even think it awards a title. Edited by branmakmuffin

So, for you success aren't a part of the game, it's just decoration?

Sorry, it's a real goal for me. And no, i can't accept that new players can't complete them because they begin too late.

EDIT: Can you give me some others success that can't be finished liek this one?

Edited by macifux

So, for you success aren't a part of the game, it's just decoration?

Sorry, it's a real goal for me. And no, i can't accept that new players can't complete them because they begin too late.

EDIT: Can you give me some others success that can't be finished liek this one?

I can not agree with that argument there are people who completed NiM version or PVP achievements within the shortest time allotted to them by EAWare and they get exclusive achievement and title for it. Now if i go and beat the NiM of all ops should i be given the same title and achievement too? that is unreasonable and should never happen.

And regarding this party jawa, i think it was a promotion for active subscribers on launch of f2p. so it is a special snowflake achievement, best is to forget about it, after all some people were kind enough or dumb enough to stay subscriber in a dying game and they received thanks for staying and it was thanks to them the game still lives. so try keeping that in mind

Some achievements will be tied to having been subscribed to the game at certain times. If you weren't a sub at the specified time period, then you can't (and probably never will) get that specific achievement.

That's the way all games that have timed event-tied achievements go. If you missed it, you missed it.

You can try putting a thread in the suggestion forum about bringing back some of the old rewards to give people second chances at these things, but i wouldn't hold your breath waiting.

I can not agree with that argument there are people who completed NiM version or PVP achievements within the shortest time allotted to them by EAWare and they get exclusive achievement and title for it. Now if i go and beat the NiM of all ops should i be given the same title and achievement too? that is unreasonable and should never happen.

And regarding this party jawa, i think it was a promotion for active subscribers on launch of f2p. so it is a special snowflake achievement, best is to forget about it, after all some people were kind enough or dumb enough to stay subscriber in a dying game and they received thanks for staying and it was thanks to them the game still lives. so try keeping that in mind

It's what you don't understand i think. For the moment only the tatooine success named "That's just wrong" can't be complete by new player.

If you do Eternity Vault in Nim, you'll complete the Nim success.

Don't mix success and specific title. The Party Jawa is the promotion, the success aren't the promotion. You won't find any success about cartel item. Look at all speeder armor and others in "Legacy" -> "Possessions" or they not count

So before saying anything about any promotion or others thinks, could you give me an other success which can't be completed by new player at this moment.

And other exemple is the pvp success which need a Party Jawa is doable now if you group whit someone how have the jawa.

Edited by macifux

It's what you don't understand i think. For the moment only the tatooine success named "That's just wrong" can't be complete by new player.

So before saying anything about any promotion or others thinks, could you give me an other success which can't be completed by new player at this moment.

And other exemple is the pvp success which need a Party Jawa is doable now if you group whit someone how have the jawa.

Have you tried grouping with someone who has the Jawa out for the PVE achievement then?

so being a long term sub from beta is meanlingless?

thanks, but I would have to say, I don't think the party jawa should be part of a planet's completion process. just request them to take it out of the tatooine requirements. that's easier than pissing off elder subs by bringing back something unique to the current game. :rolleyes:

How about you move onto the next planet and do that, then all the rest, and once you have 100% on every single item in achievements, then come back here and rally for your cause? because until then, its just silly to complain in my opinion. :cool:

so being a long term sub from beta is meanlingless?

thanks, but I would have to say, I don't think the party jawa should be part of a planet's completion process. just request them to take it out of the tatooine requirements. that's easier than pissing off elder subs by bringing back something unique to the current game. :rolleyes:

Link between long term sub and success? We've received a lot of unique item by subscription, pre-order... But some success for that? Never saw.

I have sent a ticket to the customer service, the answer was to post here. And I'm not asked to have the Party Jawa, really not. Keep it. Just let me finish this success, in group with some olds players, or don't count that success...

I'm not the only one you can't finish success because of this. Go doing others success, give me name !!! What is the difficult for you? You can only said "Go on others success, leave this one". I only want example. If i can see there is many success i can't complete because i have discover the game too late, i'll accept that.

My vote continues to be, "keep the unique, no-longer-obtainable achievements in the game, but move them to their own category." Yeah, not being a sub from beta should preclude me from 100% completion in general, but not from 100% completion on Tatooine.

I feel the same way about the planetary PvP achievements, BTW. Keep them, but move them to a new category.

It seems this very issue pops up every 2 or 3 weeks. Although it is frustrating, it is not game breaking. Folks who were around when the party jawa was released can get 100% of the achievements on Tatooine. That's a perk. Folks who came later cannot, that's a bummer, but it is what it is.

What you claim is being denied to you has a flip-side--allowing newcomers to earn this achievement denies the exclusivity enjoyed by old-timers.

My vote continues to be, "keep the unique, no-longer-obtainable achievements in the game, but move them to their own category." Yeah, not being a sub from beta should preclude me from 100% completion in general, but not from 100% completion on Tatooine.

I feel the same way about the planetary PvP achievements, BTW. Keep them, but move them to a new category.

I completely agree with that.

The OP is right, Achievements should always be able to be completed regardless of subscription or when the player started the game, it's just bad/lazy design otherwise.

Just like the PvP Achievements for planets should be moved to the PvP Achievement section, not on the PvE section(s) (planets, daily areas, etc). Someone should be able to complete all PvE achievements for a planet and get 100% WITHOUT doing PvP.

The OP is right, Achievements should always be able to be completed regardless of subscription or when the player started the game, it's just bad/lazy design otherwise.

Just like the PvP Achievements for planets should be moved to the PvP Achievement section, not on the PvE section(s) (planets, daily areas, etc). Someone should be able to complete all PvE achievements for a planet and get 100% WITHOUT doing PvP.

You'll be surprised, but i don't agree with you. I think pvp success for each planets should stay a planet success and not from pvp section which are for bg.

I don't think all achievements should be attainable forever but at the same time, I think achievements tied to limited-time events should be kept in separate categories so they don't prevent completion of achievements tied to the static game.

Now I don't want to get too crazy, but if it were up to me I'd make a special achievement category called "Events" and I'd put things like achievements tied to promotional offers such as the party jawa or unattainable gear like the Containment Officer's Uniform, or anything tied to the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event there.

Oh wait... there IS already such a category.

In fact, it's got both recurring and non-recurring event achievements in it already!

In other words, it would be entirely consistent with the existing achievement structure to move these things into the Events > General category.

Doing this would still make the achievements matter for the people that chase them but wouldn't penalize others who are after static content achievements simply because they weren't around when whatever thing that's never coming back happened.

I agree. something that is no longer achievable ingame, should be removed from planetary completion requirements.

make a new category for "Elder Subs" that have these items.

there are some items I never had a chance to get due to being deployed during the time of release and removal of items. something I have no control over but accept. you'll never see me ask for a hand out. id rather get what I can and have the pride I did it on my own rather than asking for a handout. guess that makes me a darkside republican and not a hippy pub; since my main characters are sith...LoL

Edited by Liquor