New 2015 Review by someone who actually plays the game!

FerreusSteelTip

Check it out, watch it, comment and tell me what you think. If you like it, subscribe. I'll be featuring more SWTOR material.

IRONFISTED REVIEW - http://youtu.be/ZpJDEYvmgMo

Next on the docket

- vid on Competing as a Clicker

- vids on the different classes, different specs. What's good, what's bad. What the community wants (Those that play the classes, I want to know your opinion on it. First video will either be Guardian/Jugg or Mercenary/Commando. Voted on by YOU. Vote on the video above.)

-Season 4 an 5 of YOLO

-Reviews of every major update.

-and much, much more.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda disagree with "combat animations" being good. Individually, yes, they are awesome. Chained together... it looks and feels awfully clunky.

Lightsabers, hell yeah! they probably are the 1 best thing about Star Wars!!

I am also sad to see that the latest expansion is not completely voice acted. Many quests now are given with the text box. Same goes for the mission terminals. Sad times.

As to your vid... please dude, less profanity, and more personal hygiene. I'm not gonna comment on personal style. maybe you like the scruffy beard, but for god's sake, review in a clean jumper, not a stained one.

Please do not take this insultingly, but if you want people to take you seriously you really do need to make yourself a little more presentable and tailor down the language a bit. Using it is fine, but at least use it in complete sentences and peppered occasionally.

Well, OP, I think you have your answer. You're not getting much love on this stuff. Maybe you should stick to playing the game. And keep your day job, if anyone has ever hired you looking like that. Your own bed as a backdrop in your "studio" is a nice touch. If you'd just stop waving your hands around in front of the camera!

Oh, wait....Did you hear? Your Mom's calling you up to dinner.

Edited by MSchuyler

My "review' of this "review"

Combat animations are the best thing about this game?

Apparently he (and others) have never played an Asian/Korean designed MMO. They have by far the most beautiful, fluid and stunning Combat animations around, and due to most of them having "combo" systems, the animations are way less "clunky" and robot like than TOR.

As mentioned by another postee, the animations in TOR are extremely rigid and realistically quite boring to watch when done in sequences.

There is 0 variety in ANY of the animations, when stacked, the game uses exactly the same animation for each and every attack type, which is not only unrealistic looking, but pathetically lazy from a game design point of view. You don't stand in the exact same pose like a robot when firing a gun at a target, particularly if that target is moving, yet in TOR that is precisely what happens.

With the exception of the Smugglers "coin toss" and perhaps the Sith "pacing" (stolen directly from Darth Maul in EP:1 - TFM) most of the "recharge" animations are also boring.

And where are the idle animations? Your toon just stands in one spot like a statue? How about giving them the same variety as the class trainers have?

Voice acting and Story?

Initially perhaps, and for a good portion of the game this is true, but, as once again already mentioned, BW have gotten lazy with later content, and the VA and Story have given way to cheap text missions.

The Social aspect?

Well apparently this guy plays on the wrong servers.

I play primarily PvE and on the "PvE" servers I find the "Social Aspect" of the game to be fantastic! I have never had any difficulty getting into a team for Heroic's or Flashpoints, except a few occasions on the quieter servers during "off peak" times, sometimes the Group Finder can take a while to pop, but if you ask in open chat, you will almost always get replies withing seconds/minutes.

I have also never had any difficulties getting answers to 'noob' questions, on the whole, the vast majority of players are fantastically helpful, even to players "gifting" me items and credits, offering to trade items with me and help with missions. And many is the time I have seen players hang around planets even though they have completed the content, just to help out lower level's with missions.

Also, these forums (like most MMO forums I've seen/read), IMHO, are most definetly NOT at all representative of the majority of players in TOR.

Apparently the "Elitist A'holes" are only on PvP servers, and from this guy's comments and attitude, and his crowing about "ganking", apparently he is one of them.

----------------------------------

A review of the "reviewee"

As mentioned, please, WAY less profanity! You may want to consider buying a dictionary to discover that there are more words in the English language than F*** and S**T. Using them does not add any credence to your review or impact to your statements, all it does is turn people off watching any more of your video's.

You may also want to consider the following piece of advice "decide who you want to be and how you wish others to perceive you, and dress accordingly"

I accept that you have obviously played the game way longer than I have, and you may well be what's considered a "good" player, but (thankfully) you are not the only player and neither (again thankfully) are you indicative or in any way representative, of the vast majority of players.

My issue is that it's rambling and unfocused. It switches from review to back seat design philosophizing. I'm also not a big fan of face reviews. Talk about the game, show the game and relevant content. Major sites don't usually do face reviews. You basically have to be real pretty or charming as **** to pull it off and most people aren't.

I did chuckle a couple times.

First off, if you're actually serious about a SW:TOR dedicated YouTube channel, I'm seriously intending to help you with this reply.

I'd have to agree with just about everyone here. It's one thing to sit around alone like that, fine, that's your choice. However, if you intend to present something to the community at least appear to care. The obscene amount of obscenities was.. well.. obscene.

As for actual content, you do not play all aspects of the game, that devalues your review. You don't have any sort of valid information for someone who is new to the game. That is the purpose of reviews. I would guess you are primarily a PvPer, focus on that, describe the actual warzones, add clips, sell the PvP. To help you out there are only two current content Ops. In my personal experience yes there can be bugs, about 10% of the time for me, if you only read the forums you would think in fact it was 90% of the time, that's just inaccurate.

Bright side, your sense of humor is good. I liked the loading screens and choice of animations. Stick with that.

As harsh as some of the "advice" here has been, it's not without good intention. I suggest adjusting your presentation, and cleaning yourself up. Expand your vocabulary, profanity can be used to add some flavor but if we took the time to break it down I would say 25%, if not more, of the review is profanity. Takes a lot away from anything you're trying to say to your audience.

Good luck if you're serious, good troll if you're not.

I don't have nice abs, I have hyperlurdosis (curvature of the spine). I do however have a business appropriate haircut, well groomed, clean-shaven face and keep myself from looking "greasy". Not everyone can have a six pack o' abs. And note I never called him out on his weight, I did however review his unkempt "greasy" like appearance.

The truth hurts, but if he's really wanting to get into something like this and HAVE people take him seriously, he's going to have to change the majority of what I'm assuming are his grooming habits.

*shrug*

Honestly you don't even need a business appropriate hair cut or clean shaven to set a good impression.

But you're dead on the money with your comment Will

To OP:

Wash your hair and comb/brush it

keep facial growth evenly trimmed (literally takes 2 minutes tops)

Put on a clean shirt (seriously there is white chunks/flakes on his shirt)

Personal appearance is a sign of self respect

If you can't be bothered to take even minimal time to clean oneself up before going on camera,

why should anyone else care what you have to say about anything?

And for those complaining about the feedback

The OP put it out there himself

I guarantee you nothing said here has not been said to him before multiple times

PS: I turned the video off at the "Combat Animations" because they are neither new nor the best in the MMORPG genre. LOTS of games have combat animations and some do it even better then SW:TOR.

And no serious reveiw can look at combat animations and NOT address the problems they create in 16 man ops due to graphics engine that is employed in SW:TOR.

You can make a point without having to use profanity in between every word.

I'm all about cursing, but it's a review, not a comedy sketch.

Also clean up man. It's not a beauty contest or anything, but daaaaaamn, wear a clean gosh darn lol. Look presentable.

Idk, everything about you screams stereotypical nerf herder gamer. I wouldn't watch you without a doubt.

I'm sure others would like you spiel.

Edited by DjSnazzyduds

You can make a point without having to use profanity in between every word.

I'm all about cursing, but it's a review, not a comedy sketch.

Also clean up man. It's not a beauty contest or anything, but daaaaaamn, wear a clean gosh darn lol. Look presentable.

Idk, everything about you screams stereotypical nerf herder gamer. I wouldn't watch you without a doubt.

I'm sure others would like you spiel.

Hurray, more nerf herding comments! xD