Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The Leaderboards Today

DomiSotto

I want to see what the BioWARE’s official position is on Kre’a’s Bug before I start looking at the numbers again.

I would like to know if that will be considered an exploit, and if the adjustments will be made to the LBs retroactively; or if it will just be quick-fixed in tomorrow's update.

The database also badly needs a duplicate clean-up. I think I know why Gladias the Powertech now creates duplicated entries, while previously it did not happen. IIRC prior transfers forced the toon to change the spelling of the name, but now it remained the same, and the duplicate appeared starting with the Shadowland to Jedi Covenant #1 transfer. Ethrann’s the Commando who has the most entries I have seen have the same spelling throughout.

Meanwhile, we did finally crest the 6000 toons in the GR!

Interestingly, there is no visible drop off in participation, with 20633 toons queued with 9584 toons (46.4 %) that have under 3 wins/30 medals.

In Groups, we have 6034 toons that queued, with 3689 (61.1 %) that have under 3 wins/30 medals.

The Home Team

There is a notable transfer on the Old Binger, Phenistore the Assassin, that brings the server to the seven in the top 100 again, and 5 in Page 3, with Vicvega the Powertech’s latest gains.

On the Republic side, Aydan the Guardian is another high-winning Republic toon that has just moved to the server, with 142 wins. Good going, we badly need the Republic toons capable of winning!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what you're going to see happen is top players remaining stationary while random shadows climb in ELO. I tried 2 ranked matches today, not using the exploit of course, and I streamed them. 54 people viewing my stream at the time got to see me get bent over by 3 infiltration spec'd shadows using the Low Slash bug. Ranked at the moment is simply a circus, and I won't be queuing anymore until this is fixed.

We will see. So far despite the announcement in the beginning of the season that the clean ups would happen weekly, there were only two noticeable on the curve or the bans reported/visible. Chances are it will be just a fast fix, since they do not have the time to issue a wide warning, so probably the idea is that it will go unnoticed by most players and won't impact badly.

Fingers crossed little grief came of it.

I am surprised though to not see the immediate drop in numbers. Maybe it will be visible tomorrow, once the data updates.

I think what you're going to see happen is top players remaining stationary while random shadows climb in ELO. I tried 2 ranked matches today, not using the exploit of course, and I streamed them. 54 people viewing my stream at the time got to see me get bent over by 3 infiltration spec'd shadows using the Low Slash bug. Ranked at the moment is simply a circus, and I won't be queuing anymore until this is fixed.

The SPC tag Krea, how much are they paying you to wear it :rak_03:

Hi Domi,

I made some changes to the leaderboard and the generating of the stats. It should now be about 1400% (!) faster than it was - my original programming was so lazy it gave me space aids to read it now. I've redone the backend stuff now, so I hope it will be easier for you to use (the changes to the domain name might take a little while, so you will be redirected to http://167.114.2.94/arena_stats/ now - dont worry, it's just temporary while the dns catches up :3)

Ronniehenlau, you are awesome! While you were away, and before the latest crisis of genre, folks started asking for the stats for the games played per server as a lot of folks now transferring to catch the end of the Season. I was wondering if you could build in something that would show # of games per week on each server? If not for S4, maybe for S5? :)

No drop in participation, but there is a slight increase in the yolo entries with under 3 medals/30 wins. Not sure if it could be attributed.

http://www.swtor-arenas.com/ overall stats for today: 20754 toons were queued with 9663 toons (46.6 %) that have under 3 wins/30 medals.

In Groups, we have 6109 toons that queued, with 3737 (61.2 %) that have under 3 wins/30 medals.

Solo Leaderboards: K-F-G1/G2 with Kre’a the Shadow who stopped queuing gaining some 30 odd points of rating.

Home Team:

The old Binger retained 7 places in Top 100, but Vicvega the Powertech got pushed a few points down off the Page 3, leaving Gladias the Juggernaut, Delerious the Assassin and H’aggis the Sorcerer trio there, while the trio of the Powertechs sits in a tight cluster right off of it.

There is an interesting new Juggernaut transfer, Deyvon with 230 wins/143 MVps.

Republic: Cerebrir the Vanguard: up to 273, and Ceasar the Gunslinger – up to 140 – yay! Awesome!

There are 1785 toons entered in solo ranked on the Harbinger as of today, ranging in rank from 10 (Fig the Assassin) to 18336

Group ranked: 299 entries (+4) entries with 10 under 1000 rating, and ranging in rank from 147 (Seraanna the Assassin) to 5511.

Republic’s Sentinels:

Dimka of the T3-M4 and Griffith of the Jung Ma twirl the twin sabres in the top 5. J

Sixth in Class:

Gladias the Juggernaut (still), Dessel the Marauder (still); Jakedepaoli the Assassin (still); Sidra-stargazer (still); Deathnote the Powertech (still); Sentenza the Mercenary; Heymonkey the Sniper (still); and Lacerate the Operative (of course)

Server Faction Balance

I’ll group, so should be able to cover all of them by Monday and then we can see if any of the Servers has changed from the last time we’ve looks at it.

So, for the PvP servers:

ToFN: 76 (down from 83) – remained Imperial-dominant

The Bastion: 37 (down from 51) - changed from Balanced to Republic-dominant

Pot5: 57 (down from 68) – remained Imperial-dominant

Darth Nihilus: 46 (down from 50) – remained Balanced

Jar’Kai Sword: 63 (down from 64) – remained Imperial-dominant

Randomness:

The Randomness was adequately covered above courtesy of BioWARE, Kre’a the Shadow and Gladias the Powertech.

The lowest rating is 1.

Good luck to all!

Edited by DomiSotto

Ronniehenlau, you are awesome! While you were away, and before the latest crisis of genre, folks started asking for the stats for the games played per server as a lot of folks now transferring to catch the end of the Season. I was wondering if you could build in something that would show # of games per week on each server? If not for S4, maybe for S5? :)

Can do. I'll try and throw something together tomorrow :)

Revisiting Leaderbords.

430 toons on Tier 1.

-142 Assin

-128 PT

- 93 Sorc

67 the...puny rest.

Grasping the opportunity to give kudos for the excellent balance that noone has perceived in 3.0 b.

Edited by Aetideus

And, BioWARE has seen that just like we all did, and commented that they will be working towards refining the over-performing classes in order to allow for class diversity. The tides are always changing and you, guys, are by far the most adaptable and talented part of the PvP community, those who play ranked. You manage fantastic things. You always did, you always will.

http://167.114.2.94/arena_stats/ overall stats for today: 20748 toons were queued with 9663 toons (46.6 %) that have under 3 wins/30 medals.

In Groups, we have 6083 toons that queued, with 3713 (61.0 %) that have under 3 wins/30 medals.

Ronniehenlau, is it updating properly? I am reading lower numbers than yesterday?

Solo Leaderboards: K-F-G1/G2

Republic’s Shadows:

Kre’a and Moshzilla, both of the Bastion are in the Top 5 on the AC

Home Team:

Ceasar the Gunslinger is up to 149 wins

Sixth in Class:

Gladias the Juggernaut moved to #3

H-oot the Guardian (again), Griffith the Sentinel (again); Jakedepaoli the Assassin (still); Sidra-stargazer (still); Deathnote the Powertech (still); Sentenza the Mercenary; Heymonkey the Sniper (still); and Te’fla the Operative (aww)

Server Faction Balance

While I was visiting to get the data, I saw the cutest toon name: Adorable the Sorcerer from the Jedi Covenant. Awwwww… how can anyone call the PvP’ers toxic with the names like that? :)

For the PvE servers (45-55 is Balanced):

The Shadowlands: 53 (down from 58) changed from Imperial-dominated to Balanced

Jedi Covenant: 60 (up from 52) changed from Balanced to Imperial-dominated

The Harbinger: 75 (down from 78) remained Imperial-dominated

The Red Eclipse: 35 (nc from 35) remained Republic-dominated

Mantle of the Force: 8 (down from 14) remained Republic-dominated

T3-M4: 42 (down from 43) remained Republic-dominated

Randomness:

The lowest rating is 1.

Good luck to all!

Edited by DomiSotto

http://167.114.2.94/arena_stats/ is not updating for me, staying at the yesterday's numbers

Solo Leaderboards: F-G-K

Republic’s Sages:

Spira of the Red Eclipse and Thrytan of the Ebon Hawk are within the Top 5 of the AC.

Home Team:

The Harbinger currently has 8 toon in the top 100, which includes the household names like Fig the Assassin (who was actually playing, yay!) Affliction the Sorcerer and Sishen the Assassin (also playing, wow) , the two Operatives Te'fla and No-Shades (and when is Hottie coming back???), Dre'a the Powertech, Gladias the Juggernaut and Phenistore the Assassin (who isn't playing).

1821 toons entered solo ranked on the Harbinger, with 985 remaining under 3 wins (54.1 %) , with ranks ranging from 10 (Fig the Assassin) to 18520.

In group ranked we have 321 entries so far, with 12 under 1000 rating.

Republic: Cerebrir the Vanguard is up to 277 wins, Ceasar the Gunslinger remained at 149 wins and Aydan the Guardian - at 142. I have also noticed Bator the Shadow as another transfer now having 71 wins (slightly over the old max for a Shadow on the Binger by the Ordering-pizza). I couldn't help but notice that two of the new transfers to the Republic came over to the same Guild, so I wonder if the said Guild is building up for ranked. Curiosity killed the cat, right?

Aaaanyways.....

Sixth in Class:

H-oot the Guardian moved to #5, Te'fla the Operative moved to #4 (double aww)

Kana'ba the Guardian, Griffith the Sentinel (still); Jakedepaoli the Assassin (still); Sidra-stargazer (still); Deathnote the Powertech (still); Sentenza the Mercenary (still); Heymonkey the Sniper (still); and Plexus the Scoundrel

Randomness:

Oh, noes, Dcwiw the Sniper moved away from the Harbinger to the Bastion, but the toon's still steady on the wins (758) with Telal the Sorcerer sporting 721.

In MVP world, on Jar'Kai Sword the numbers are doing one of those things the numbers do. Aimyaim the Mercenary with 1057, and Qwuu the Operative with 957 - the exact 100 votes difference.

I was curious, so I found that Gladias the Juggernaut has 457 MVPs, Ptit'yup the Vanguard - 257, there are 6 toons with 157 MVPs: Zivu the Gunslinger, Yolk the Sorcerer, Violet the Shadow, Sentenza the Mercenary, Telana the Sage and Evilcan't die the Shadow.

There are 22 toons with 57 votes, funnily, each of them having one more MVPs than Zetsuma the Guardian, Kre'a the Assassin (the Bastion is a tough place, I take it) and a toon with a suspiciously familiar name Qwu the Assassin from the JKS :)

The lowest rating is 1.

Good luck to all!

So, for the PvP servers:

ToFN: 76 (down from 83) – remained Imperial-dominant

The Bastion: 37 (down from 51) - changed from Balanced to Republic-dominant

Pot5: 57 (down from 68) – remained Imperial-dominant

Darth Nihilus: 46 (down from 50) – remained Balanced

Jar’Kai Sword: 63 (down from 64) – remained Imperial-dominant

For the PvE servers (45-55 is Balanced):

The Shadowlands: 53 (down from 58) changed from Imperial-dominated to Balanced

Jedi Covenant: 60 (up from 52) changed from Balanced to Imperial-dominated

The Harbinger: 75 (down from 78) remained Imperial-dominated

The Red Eclipse: 35 (nc from 35) remained Republic-dominated

Mantle of the Force: 8 (down from 14) remained Republic-dominated

T3-M4: 42 (down from 43) remained Republic-dominated

I'm not surprised. This supports my theory that

PvP = Empire

PvE = REpublic

so to say.

It might have something to do with

- different mentalities

- different play styles

of players in PvE and PvP - in tendencies, of course, not in absolutes. (Talking in absolutes would be utter nonsense.)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

The number is always the # of Imperial players in the Top 100. 31 Imperial players means corresponding 69 Republic players in the top 100, with Faction Imbalance being in this case Republic-leaning. I can throw together the Imbalance numbers tomorrow when I am back to work, but without Ronniehenlau's pulling the number of the games per server, I can't update the table completely.

Thank you.

I neither confirm nor deny that any assumptions has ever been made based on a mere heterography.

http://167.114.2.94/arena_stats/ still ends with April 9th.

Kre'a the Shadow so has it that we are back to K-F-G1/G2/G3 with Gladias the Powertech moving to the Shadowlands and now leaving the trajectory.

Home Team

Oh, look, Dcwiw the Sniper is back :)

Eight in the Top 100 for the Harbinger, no new names. :) And three are on the page 3, with Vicvega the Powertech just skirting it.

On the Republic side, Cerebrir the Vanguard is up to 278 wins, Caesar the Gunslinger stayed at 149, and Aydan the Guardian is up to 143.

I can answer your question on MvP votes! When the warzone ends, instead of waiting the 10 seconds to vote and leave via the "Exit warzone" button, myself as well as a large sum of players just wait for the scoreboard to pop up, and instead of waiting the 10 seconds, we right click the warzone icon that you use to queue up and just click "leave". This gets you out of the warzone faster, so you load into the fleet quicker ( or wherever you may be) and subsequently gets back into the warzone queue quicker. However, when you do this, all votes that were cast on you after you quit are null and void. Hence, my low number of MVP votes compared to most.

Goodness gracious, just how fired you guys get to actually think of saving 10 secs? Holy cow.

Well, I'm a creature of habit and I started doing it back when I was playing on a laptop, where my loading times were annoyingly long, so saving 10 seconds could actually mean the difference between getting skipped in queue or making it out in time for the next pop. Since then, I've upgraded my rig, but I still leave early, just out of habit :p

I neither confirm nor deny that any assumptions has ever been made based on a mere heterography.

http://167.114.2.94/arena_stats/ still ends with April 9th.

Kre'a the Shadow so has it that we are back to K-F-G1/G2/G3 with Gladias the Powertech moving to the Shadowlands and now leaving the trajectory.

Home Team

Oh, look, Dcwiw the Sniper is back :)

Eight in the Top 100 for the Harbinger, no new names. :) And three are on the page 3, with Vicvega the Powertech just skirting it.

On the Republic side, Cerebrir the Vanguard is up to 278 wins, Caesar the Gunslinger stayed at 149, and Aydan the Guardian is up to 143.

I played with Gladias just yesterday on Harbinger... Is it possible that he has a toon on each server?... Or did he transfer back?

Gladias the Juggernaut is on the Harbinger. Gladias the Powertech is travelling. At least that's what the LB says today. Now the toon is creating the duplicates, you can see the dates of the transfers, because each curve starts on the date of transfer and remains 'frozen' once the toon hops a server again and a new duplicate is created. Edited by DomiSotto

Gladias the Juggernaut is on the Harbinger. Gladias the Powertech is travelling. At least that's what the LB says today. Now the toon is creating the duplicates, you can see the dates of the transfers, because each curve starts on the date of transfer and remains 'frozen' once the toon hops a server again and a new duplicate is created.

Makes sense... Just saw the name and assumed it was one and the same

I played with Gladias just yesterday on Harbinger... Is it possible that he has a toon on each server?... Or did he transfer back?

My main server is harbinger, but I do have toons spread over a couple of servers for team ranked. My PT travels with the main lukewarm team, we move to whatever server has the most competitive team ranked, or the most teams queuing at given periods of time. My juggernaut is what I use to tank with on Harbinger for teams and generally for solo ranked now. My Jug is my baby, but with the current meta I'm forced to use a PT tank for team ranked.

TL:DR Same person, several servers haha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.