The Leaderboards Today

DomiSotto

I did not even know Leaderboards existed till ronniehenlau posted those cool charts in the end of Season 3. So, I browsed a little, and it was amazing. So, I decided to pull my blue jersey on, and watch the Season 4! I'm aware you guys have concerns and reservations, but kudos for giving it a go anyway. You're the best1

I was looking in the morning, so it all might have changed, but well, that’s part of the fun of a live 24/7 competition!

Home Team:

The number 1 guy today is Harbinger-er! Niiice. Fig the Assassin. Yay, Harbinger! Don’t get better than that, eh? (save for a Pub toon, but, Hell Bells! Well done!)

And we have 11 in the Top 100. Last year we ended up with 13, but all the names are different (I’ve got the names down so I can have a brief fan moment while being slaughtered in regs). Also, 2 Republic toons, so, I am hopeful!

Republic, Vanguards:

Admiralallmighty is back into the fray, though, warms my heart. He was the only VG in top 5 PT/VG, the rest were the PTs. Funnily, it is still 1 VG to 4 PTs. Yay you, Vimo!

Randomness:

I don’t see the couple of guys I was curious about last season, but, well the night is young. Will keep my eyes peeled.

And here are the ‘Six in Class’. There is just that awesome promise about the Number 6’s:

Arlene the Juggernaut; Pallasathena, the Sentinel; Kiddo the Shadow; Drilchast the Sorc; Jaen’a the Vanguard; Steelo the Mercenary; Arradon the Sniper and Noni the operative.

The most likable competitor is Gilgamesh the Juggernaut with 80 MVPs :)

The Harbinger’s darling is Rpgeezus the Guardian (with 39 MVPs). Well, who doesn’t like a knight?

Good luck to all!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not even know Leaderboards existed till ronniehenlau posted those cool charts in the end of Season 3. So, I browsed a little, and it was amazing. So, I decided to pull my blue jersey on, and watch the Season 4! I'm aware you guys have concerns and reservations, but kudos for giving it a go anyway. You're the best1

I was looking in the morning, so it all might have changed, but well, that’s part of the fun of a live 24/7 competition!

Home Team:

The number 1 guy today is Harbinger-er! Niiice. Fig the Assassin. Yay, Harbinger! Don’t get better than that, eh? (save for a Pub toon, but, Hell Bells! Well done!)

And we have 11 in the Top 100. Last year we ended up with 13, but all the names are different (I’ve got the names down so I can have a brief fan moment while being slaughtered in regs). Also, 2 Republic toons, so, I am hopeful!

Republic, Vanguards:

Admiralallmighty is back into the fray, though, warms my heart. He was the only VG in top 5 PT/VG, the rest were the PTs. Funnily, it is still 1 VG to 4 PTs. Yay you, Vimo!

Randomness:

I don’t see the couple of guys I was curious about last season, but, well the night is young. Will keep my eyes peeled.

And here are the ‘Six in Class’. There is just that awesome promise about the Number 6’s:

Arlene the Juggernaut; Pallasathena, the Sentinel; Kiddo the Shadow; Drilchast the Sorc; Jaen’a the Vanguard; Steelo the Mercenary; Arradon the Sniper and Noni the operative.

The most likable competitor is Gilgamesh the Juggernaut with 80 MVPs :)

The Harbinger’s darling is Rpgeezus the Guardian (with 39 MVPs). Well, who doesn’t like a knight?

Good luck to all!

It's all RNG and gaming the system. The ratings mean nothing.

Also it is 100% meaningless to compare servers since there is zero x-server play. You can only compare within same-server.

Edited by DrWeebs

Some people just got to take the fun out of everything, don't they?

Not really directed at Domi. I guess I am transferring my feelings of frustration at bioware to this post that there is no x-server, and that the solo ranked ratings can be manipulated so badly because of no x-server and such a low population.

Because of that the rankings literally mean almost nothing. Especially comparing servers, as that data actually for sure literally statistically means absolutely nothing.

I am actually quitting the game because of this, and it is sad to me. I have come back to this game so many times because I had so much hope for a Star Wars MMO with compettiive PVP, only to be disappointed every time (Strike that, for about 2 months when 8v8 ranked was popular and had multiple guilds on each side q'ing, that was the best PVP I've ever played in any MMO... but it was very short-lived due to waning population and such a late and dishonest implementation by Bioware).

Edited by DrWeebs

Folks, I am levelling my not-a-Sin, so I don't have time for an elaborate post, so please, forgive grammar and choppiness.

Here are the straight goods on Cross-Server and match-ups. The bigger the pool, the better are the match-ups, because the tools are there, they are just glitching because there ain't that many people. For X-Server you don't really need BioWARE, given we build a strong community.

We live in a world connected by net. Say, ronniehenlau counts the number of games per server per week. So, pick one, the one that has most games, one in NA, one in EU, and commit to it as a community as THE server where the win matters. Transfer your very best toon there. Have at it. Spread the word, build the guilds, build a Championship website where people can associate their toons with a team, a Guild, an old Server, what have you.

You won't have it better anyway with a centralized system, 'cause, you know, we sleep at different times on this planet Earth.

You want X-Server? Let's make one (well, two).

Edited by DomiSotto

Normally, I don't drink coffee on the weekends, but this is a special, vely levelling weekend, so here we go, coffee and Leaderboards. Very old-fashioned...

Looks like the silver lining of the skewed balance this Season is that so many people are actually reading and talking about the Leaderboards. Before I was surprised how little we payed attention to it as a community. Maybe it is a good start to rising the profile of the ranked?

Home Team:

Well, look, our Assasssin still puts the A in the Assassin. Keep on it, Fig, the competition is stiff. :)

And we have 10 in the Top 100. A nice number. Spliffy the Shadow is the only Repubblic toon. However, we still have 4 people on Page 3!

Republic's Guardians:

Two Guardians to 3 Juggernauts, in the Top Five. Master Jedi, may the Force....

Randomness:

Here are the ‘Six in Class’:

Zetsumax the Juggernaut, Pallasathena, the Sentinel; Octopoosay, the Assassin; Zvxc the Sorcerer; Gladias, the PT; Aimyaim the Mercenary; Zoklon the Gunslinger; Nazgul the Operative.

Harbinger now has two #6's, and none of the yesterday's #6 moved up. Wait and see, wait and see :)

The most likable competitor is still Gilgamesh the Juggernaut with 109 MVPs

The Harbinger’s darling is now Trixy the Assassin (with 79 MVPs). I guess we have a good Assassin pool going on :)

Good luck to all!

Edited by DomiSotto

The first thing that I have noticed this fine morning was Psycho the Mercenary in the first 10. That took some doing, rock on! I think a round of applause is in order.

Home Team:

Well, our Assassin is not the best Assassin any more. Well, it was nice while it lasted :)

We are holding onto the 11 in the Top 100, but only have one plater, Seth'oth the Powertech on Page 3. Maybe the Harbinger's best left war for romance yesterday.

And, Spliffy the Shadow is the only Republic toon still in top 100 for Harbinger.

Republic's Sentinels:

There is only one Sentinel to 4 Marauder's n the Top 5, Cell the Sentinel, but 6 throught 10 are all Sentinels, so maybe we'll see changes in that AC.

Here are the ‘Six in Class’:

Arrow's the Juggernaut; Hayward, the Sentinel; Sithjake, the Assassin; Tazmin the Sorcerer; Lynoc the Vanguard; Aimyaim the Mercenary; Dirtykillz the Gunslinger; Sardes the Operative.

Zvxc the Sorcerer moved up to #4 from yesterday's 6, no wonder with the best games won score! Gladias moved waaaaay up to #2, and Nazgul the Operative - to number 5. Aww, those number 6's. :)

Randomness:

Leaderboard is just weird without Cryyk's name on it. Hopefully all is well :)

The most games won per single toon: 95 by Zvxc the Sorcerer. I guess, I might miss the first person to break 100, but I'll try to track it. The familiar name, Affliction, the Sorcerer is the second in the # of wins (88).

I also see a familiar name, Caprica, coming fast up the Gunslinger ladder :)

The most likable competitor is still Gilgamesh the Juggernaut now with 130 MVPs!

The Harbinger’s darling is now Gladis the PT (with 93 MVPs). I think it was a good day for G, between the fast progress and the MVPs galore. :)

Good luck to all!

Missed yesterday with the levelling frenzy! Well, let’s see what’s up today :)

Home Team:

Fig decided to defend his title, basically doubling his wins, and is now only 2 points short from that other Assassin. May the ELO gods look favorably at ye!

We really dropped spots in the top 100, unfortunately, going to only 7 in the Top 100. Which, unfortunately, included Splify, the one and only Shadow we had in the running. We have 6 on Page 3, including another Shadow on the rise, Bator.

Republic’s Shadows:

I know, everyone has an axe to grind, but I sort of feel sorry for the Shadows. They have a lot to prove, and ‘tis a backstabbing, cutthroat category!

Two Shadows to three Assassins in top five. Well, what can I say? Well done, and whirl those staves, guys.:)

Six in Class:

Nazgul is Number 6 again – stay on it, friend! There is actually a lot of Republic toons among the Number 6’s, so hope springs eternal!

Bumbl the Guardian; Cell, the Sentinel; Telle’quelle the Shadow; Pedrosplcyweenr the Sorc (oh, boy, did I have a tough time with that moniker); Pilo the Vanguard; Rockysan the Commando; Shway the Sniper and Nazgul the Operative.

Randomness:

No Cryyc sightings. Am sad.

Over 100 wins: Nine toons! You’re awesome! The highest number of wins is on Tantael, 133. Unfortunately, the player’s rank and rating is low. Out of the top 10 in the number of games won, only 3 players are in the top 100 overall.

Is the punishment for losing a game too harsh?

The most likable competitor is not Gilgamesh the Friendly Juggernaut any longer, it is Arrow’s the Juggernaut with 167 MVPs. The Harbinger’s darling is Gladias the Powertech (the player is also #2 in the VG/PT), 126 Harbinger players though the player was the best!

Tantael is actually high on the MVP list as well (number 4). I am starting to rout for the player. May his/her rating improve!

Good luck to all!

Also it is 100% meaningless to compare servers since there is zero x-server play. You can only compare within same-server.

The last time this came up I remember several people vehemently asserting that Elo ratings were comparable across player pools that never mixed.

It doesn't help that BW's main page implies that they are comparable. What is interesting is to look at the composition of the top 50 for each server. E.g. on the Bastion I think you have to go to #6 to see a PT/VG while on other servers PTs are #1.

<COMMERCIAL>

I'd like to take a moment again to suggest that folks who can round up 8 players form 2 kickball teams and queue for 4-man ranked. It is a lot of fun playing with the same team and being in voice! If you make 2 even teams you are likely to draw each other for many games of the other teams are wildly stronger or weaker.

</COMMERCIAL>

@ funkiestj : Oh, I don’t think they are comparable, but to get really high, you need a lot of games, and only a few servers play enough ranked for the guys to win 10-20 games a day. If you truly want a competition, it requires a structured tournament format, and a cross-server on its own is not going provide that.

For a guy on the rafters, like yours truly, it is a good idea to know the names.

@Kalarie: (Hopefully) Own a Slinger?

And, wow, Caprica rose fast through the ranks of the Gunslingers

Home Team:

Fig had a bit of a poor run yesterday, dropping the score, and going down to number 3, but Gladias is gaining on the home team. Actually, if the heterographic toon names indicate the same player, s/he was one of the Harbinger’s 13 in S3, on Juggernaut last year

We gained an 8th entry in the top 100, a new name for me, Yin. We have 4 on Page 3. Splify, the Shadow is there, but I think s/he is not playing, and the next highest Republic Harbinger toon is Luigi the Scoundrel, at #153.

Republic’s Sages:

A single Sage in top 5, against 4 Sorcerers, Siv. Onward!

Sixth in Class:

Bumbl the Guardian, yesterday’s #6, and Jaen’a – a former #6 iirc moved to the top 5, CONGRATS!

Redleft the Juggernaut; Cell, the Sentinel; Telle’quelle the Shadow; Pedrosplcyweenr the Sorc (HA! I already had it spelled out, yay!); Briljanje the Powertech; Rockysan the Commando; Heymonkey the Sniper and Ragnaar the Scoundrel.

Randomness:

Over 100 wins: Eighteen toons! You’re awesome! The highest number of wins is on Tantael, 162. His rating is 1418, is the magic number 1500? Hang in there!

Still the same: Out of the top 10 in the number of games won, only 3 players are in the top 100 overall.

I vote for T1 award for the most game won independent of the rating per server! If that’s not possible, well, I am setting aside a mil to send to a Harbinger’s Pub toon with the most wins J Right now it looks to be Ordering-pizza the Shadow with 53 wins.

The most likable competitor is Aldeez the Operative with 189 MPVs (healer probably?), and the Harbinger still values Gladias with 154 MVPs

Number of toons with over 100 MVPs: 38! Yay!

Good luck to all!

Thank you for the explanation, and good luck to you both :)

Np, glad to help. Perfect example of this, earlier today I was 1920 rating. I lose 2 games in a row, first loss was -16, the next was -14, bringing me to -30 in 2 games. Then i won my next 4 games. First win was +6, the second and third +7, and the 4th +11. Then I lost one for -13. Get's a lot harder to climb the higher you go since the losses are worth about 3-4 wins.

About your elo comment, when I win, even against people in my bracket (1800-1900), I win between 8-11 rating, but when I lose, I lose 14-18 rating. So yea, the penalty for losing is harsh :(

Elo conserves rating points so the other side is gaining 14-18 when you lose 14-18. Why? Because they are rated lower than you. It is a basic fact of Elo that when you play weaker opponents you gain fewer rating points when you win (you were expected to win) and lose more rating points when you lose (you were expected to win).

Simply pray to have bad teammates against stacked opponents. In these matches you will gain more rating when you win.

Congrats to Smoochiex on Bastion! Winner winner chicken dinner of the solo ranked trolls.

One of my guildmates brags when ever he can manage to prevent smoochie from leaving the match before it is finished. I have to admit, it is quite an accomplishment.

Edited by funkiestj

We live in a world connected by net. Say, ronniehenlau counts the number of games per server per week. So, pick one, the one that has most games, one in NA, one in EU, and commit to it as a community as THE server where the win matters. Transfer your very best toon there. Have at it. Spread the word, build the guilds, build a Championship website where people can associate their toons with a team, a Guild, an old Server, what have you.

EU done that already once. Everyone transfered to ToFN and like a month later BW announced the end of 8v8 ranked...

Oh. My. Good. What a morning to log in! Because…

Home Team:

Will you look at that! The Harbinger’s best are topping the chart. Pinch me, am I still dreaming? :) (I know it changed by now, but let me re-live the moment. when I wrote it...) Judging from what you guys are telling me about the Way of ELO, Fig is simply not in a habit of losing to get those 200 points overnight.

There are 8 players from Harbinger right now in the top 100, including the new guys, No-russian and (I kid you not) Qsync’wintrader. But, no republic break-through yet. The highest rated Pub toon is still Spliffy, but s/he is not playing.

Republic’s Vanguards:

Okay, seriously, tempted to rave about Gladias, but that would break the format. The top five also have 2 Vanguards, Jaen’a and Pilo, against 3 PTs. Nice…

Six in Class:

Heymonkey the Snuper moved into top 5! Grats! The Sixes are more heavily weighed towards the Imperial toons today.

Tyra’nous the Juggernaut; Excypher, the Marauder; Kre’a the Shadow; Orderken the Sorc); Spicy’s the Powertech; Rockysan the Commando; Dopsn the Gunslinger and Ragnaar the Scoundrel.

Randomness:

Nobody with over 200 wins yet, but over 100 wins: Twenty-five toons! You’re awesome! The highest number of wins is on Tantael, 175. But his rating is now 1343 down from yesterday a lot. Ye gods, there gotta be something out there…

Gladias never fails to amaze, because not only s/he is sky-high on the charts, s/he also in the top five by the wins.

Out of the top 10 in the number of games won, 5 players now are in the top 100 overall – that makes me feel better. The top wins Republic player on Harbinger today is Ice’box, the Shadow with 55 wins.

The most likable competitor is Devil the Sniper (go figure) with 207 MPVs (and not a healer). Is there even a question that it’s Gladias for the Harbinger? Hey, I’d vote for the toon as well, were I allowed. :)

Devil is the only toon so far to go over 200 MVPs!

I also wanted to see what is happening on the other end of the spectrum. It took 48 pages, almost 2400 toons till I got past players with 0 wins to the players with 1 win. Not till page 75, after going through 3735 players, you start seeing 2 wins. Sobering. The lowest ELO guy has 312 points.

Good luck to all!

I can’t believe how much talk it is about ranked and the Leaderboards on the forum right now. I can’t stop reading.

Home Team:

Getting used to seeing the familiar names on the board, though it is odd to see Fig ‘so low’. Hang in there, guys! The highest ratings in last seasons were 2762, 3302, 3103. There is room for growth! :)

We’ve also lost a couple of spots overnight, dropping to 6 in the top 100. Ouch, that’s less than a half of what we’ve had last year. Only 3 people on page 3 as well. I guess things are picking up world-wide.

In total, there are 888 toons entered in ranked so far on Harbinger, ranging in rank from 2 (three guesses who that is? :p Actually, just two guesses, lol) to 9555.

Republic’s Commandos:

You know the first thing I have noticed was that the top 5 Merc/Commandos are all in the top 100, unlike the Guardians, Sentinels and Slingers.

And, two Commandos to three Mercenaries: Evonaut and Rhumando.

Sixth in Class:

Very little upward or downward mobility for the Number 6’s today. Does it mean that the Leaderboards are starting to settle, and most people got established now on each server, with only a random newb popping into the queue to get random results?

Bambl the Guardian; Epreinte (lol, seriously?! One of those what’s in the name things…), the Marauder; Kre’a the Shadow (still); Orderken the Sorc (still); Spicy’s the Powertech (still); Rockysan the Commando (still); Dopsn the Gunslinger (still) and Ragnaar the Scoundrel (still).

Randomness:

Nobody with over 200 wins yet, but Tantael is almost there. Over 100 wins: Thirty-two toons! You’re awesome!

I am seriously starting to feel sick to my heart when I am about to look at Tantael’s rating. It is down again to 1288. Please, there gotta be some justice in this world? … that poor toon. :(

Out of the top 10 in the number of games won, 5 players now are in the top 100 overall.

The top wins Republic player on Harbinger today are Ice’box and Ordering-pizza, both Shadows with 57 wins.

The most likable competitor is Devil the Sniper with 231 MPVs.

And, sure thing, I don’t need to scroll long to find Gladias’ name. Right next line, of course, with 223 MVPs, because Harbinger loves their PT#1.

Azheo, the Juggernaut rounds up the trio of the 200 or more MVPs.

The lowest rating guy now has 282 points. There are 2540 toons with 0 wins, and 1390 with just 1 win.

Good luck to all!

Edited by DomiSotto

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.