What we want to see with the Togrutas.

SladeRenegade

Here I'd like us to post what we would like to see for character creation for the Togruta race they are going to add.

1: A wide range of skin tones.

2: While I don't expect to be able to pick different styling of lekku, I would like to be able to pick the length of them. The Length seems to be a traight of older Togrutas. So people who may want to make a body type one may want to have shorter lekku to show that their character is younger.

3: Their horns or montrals, i want to see various styling for them, maybe even with one or two being sex oriented. Like the males might get ones that face forward while females get ones that sweep back. And the ones that appear on both sexes are variations of the straight up ones, at different lengths or thicknesses.

4: "Tattoos" should be as varied as what we see on the Twi'leks, even have some sith ones mixed in. But it should be remembered that those non-sith marks are suppose to be a form of natural camouflage. Now picking these markings can dictate what kind of markings will be on the montrals but not the coloring.

5: "Hair" color, Montral coloring should offer up as much range of coloring as the skin colors, maybe even have the choices different depending on the skin color that's picked.

6: Head dresses should be a separate choice from the montals and should have a nice variety as well.

7: Try to have the same system you have on the Twi'lek lekku on the Togruta lekku. Maybe even take the time to improve that system so that the lekku fall over armor more "realistically". This could help with clipping issues the Twi'lek lekku already have that people seem to complain about.

8: I know helmits or really anything that goes over the head is going to be a real issue with this race like it is with the Twi'leks, I know going back and remodeling all the different head gears will be time consuming and even a pain, but personally i think that's the best immersion sustaining thing you can do. As to how you would model them to fit, I'd say mostly make them face masks, and model them to look like they have openings where the lekku and montrals fit through the head gear. I can't think of any other way to do it... I hope to hear other ideas on this problem.

9:

I want markings to be separate from the cosmetics, for certain. I know some Twi'leks with neat markings but awful makeup for their skin tones, and the marks look awesome on the skin.

Head-jewelry would be great, as would montral-heights.

Well that's all i got at the moment and i hope to hear everyone else's ideas on what they want to see for the Togrutas.

Edited by SladeRenegade

There are some good suggestions here. Some fall into unlikely to happen territory (headgear remodels).

I would prefer if the male and female options were more similar than different so forward and backward swooping horns for all. Leku length I do hope is included as a customization and even possibly leku sheathing though I don't know when they grow out of that.

Here's hoping the time they take is reflected in the final product.

Horns. We want to see horns.

Because the Togruta are a Twi'lek with tentacles AND horns which is cool... and

tripped us out because she's both sweet and badash. And something we also learned from Nadia Grell... ornate face tattoos are excellent on a female jedi face. Though... apparently the Togruta aren't tattooed, it's their skin pigmentation!

And here's another fun fact: . The togruta's horns are actually hollow, and with those horns they can sense the proximity and movement of physical objects around them.

Edited by anonnn

8: I know helmits or really anything that goes over the head is going to be a real issue with this race like it is with the Twi'leks, I know going back and remodeling all the different head gears will be time consuming and even a pain, but personally i think that's the best immersion sustaining thing you can do. As to how you would model them to fit, I'd say mostly make them face masks, and model them to look like they have openings where the lekku and montrals fit through the head gear. I can't think of any other way to do it... I hope to hear other ideas on this problem.

They wont even fix buggy INDIVIDUAL Cartel Market items. If you honestly think they would go through and redo every single head item in game for togruta, i have a nice bridge in Brooklyn id like to sell you...

They wont even fix buggy INDIVIDUAL Cartel Market items. If you honestly think they would go through and redo every single head item in game for togruta, i have a nice bridge in Brooklyn id like to sell you...

Hey, its a list of things I'd like to see. Never said any of this would be set in stone or that I'm demanding all this be done. As i said i just think it would help with immersion.

Edited by SladeRenegade

I want markings to be separate from the cosmetics, for certain. I know some Twi'leks with neat markings but awful makeup for their skin tones, and the marks look awesome on the skin.

Head-jewelry would be great, as would montral-heights.

Good points! going to add to the main post.

Wait what's wrong with Cathar?

I have a Cathar Sentinel and a Cathar Commando, I think they're awesome.

Not really...

They made them *********** ugly as hell. I would immediately play one of the original swtor cathar as you can see them on several places, but the cathar BW gave us are just ugly.

:D some people like to live in fantasy... What can you say?

I really want eyebrows (which play a huge part in determining a character's expression/attitude) to be separate from other stuff like makeup and face paint.

Cosmetics and various other complexion effects (veins, blush, shading, etc) are especially vexing with the rainbow-colored Twi'lek race, and I don't want to see that repeated with the Togruta. For example, there is a Twi'lek complexion with nice, normal looking eyebrows and some subtle, vaguely greenish shading. It looks wonderful on green and blue Twi'lek, but on the pink and peach ones, it looks a bit odd. Similarly, the "markings" I use on my pink Twi'lek include pink lipstick; it looks cute and fairly natural on her, but it looks very bright on green and blue Twi'lek.

Not really...

They made them *********** ugly as hell. I would immediately play one of the original swtor cathar as you can see them on several places, but the cathar BW gave us are just ugly.

Are you saying they changed the Cathar since the time they introduced them into the game, or ... that it just ended up different from some conceptual artwork that was distributed early on?

Because I didn't notice any changes ... the two Cathar I made (sentinel and commando) ended up looking fairly awesome. Cathar are also so fond of saying "RAWR!".

Agreed though, that they'd better get the look right with the Togruta, and they need to give us some pretty awesome-looking variations of skin (tattoo?) patterns. Maybe even add an extra modification slider for the Togruta horns (montral).

Are you saying they changed the Cathar since the time they introduced them into the game, or ... that it just ended up different from some conceptual artwork that was distributed early on?

Because I didn't notice any changes ... the two Cathar I made (sentinel and commando) ended up looking fairly awesome. Cathar are also so fond of saying "RAWR!".

Agreed though, that they'd better get the look right with the Togruta, and they need to give us some pretty awesome-looking variations of skin (tattoo?) patterns. Maybe even add an extra modification slider for the Togruta horns (montral).

The playable Cathar don't look much like the pre-2.0 NPC Cathar. Different face structure, different markings, different hair. A lot of people were tremendously disappointed with how the playable Cathar turned out compared to the NPC Cathar we were all familiar with.

The playable Cathar don't look much like the pre-2.0 NPC Cathar. Different face structure, different markings, different hair. A lot of people were tremendously disappointed with how the playable Cathar turned out compared to the NPC Cathar we were all familiar with.

Oh the NPC Cathar, of course! . I think there's one in Hoth main base if my memory is accurate.

Anyone know of any Togruta NPCs in the game?

Oh the NPC Cathar, of course! . I think there's one in Hoth main base if my memory is accurate.

Anyone know of any Togruta NPCs in the game?

Master Kiwiks (Jedi Knight), a small group on Hoth Pubside who ask you to retrieve Space Passports for them because the Empire took out their homes, Pubside doctor on Taris who asks you to go into the medical facility for a cure for some disease (not Rakghoul Plague)... At least three off hand.

Edit: Four, Ashara.

Edited by LyraineAlei

Master Kiwiks (Jedi Knight), a small group on Hoth Pubside who ask you to retrieve Space Passports for them because the Empire took out their homes, Pubside doctor on Taris who asks you to go into the medical facility for a cure for some disease (not Rakghoul Plague)... At least three off hand.

Edit: Four, Ashara.

Also Jedi Ralon Nys at the Balmorran Arms Factory (Imperial storyline), and Master Sumalee (potential spoiler link!) from the smuggler class storyline.

Since the likelihood of them working well with the existing ingame headgear is low, some headdress options would be nice (like how female Twi'Leks have headbands, but with more variety.) Some headbands, something a bit helmet-like, and some beaded or jewelry-type ones-- including something kind of like Ahsoka's Padawan beads, maybe.

All I want is the option for "young/old" appearances...

Ahsoka Tano was young and it showed, if they add Togrutas, they are nuts if they don't add this option... you know there will be 50 copies of her in about 5 seconds after this is offered... :)

So I guess the smallest body type for Togruta females could be the tiny body size of Ahsoka Tano. And they'd have to make sure one of the face patterns for Togruta looks very close to the same as Ahsoka.

Edited by anonnn