Tune All Ops to 60 Plz :)

ZETA_SCORPII

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ This...

I've been here since 1.1, and I never got around to clearing the lvl 50 ops in all modes (8 and 16, SM, HM, NiM). That is 6 modes per Op, total of 18 ways to do the three of them.

Even today, my guild on the imp side runs 8M lvl 50 ops from time to time, but we can't get enough people to want to do 16M to get it going, there is just no reason to do it.

I haven't run any of them since 3.0 launched and I don't see it happening.

---

Perhaps the solution is to make the lvl 50 ops work from lvl 50 to 60, with bolster taking anyone below 60 up to a base line of 186 gear in SM. That way people leveling between 50 and 60 can do them, while HM and NiM versions are lvl 60 only since no bolster.

Same thing with 55 OPs, SM could be from lvl 55 to lvl 60, with bolster bringing people up to 60, then HM and NiM being lvl 60 only.

Make GF have a choice of ops, 1 from the lvl 50 era, 1 from the lvl 55 era, and 1 from the lvl 60 era, so there are 3 ops to queue for rather than just one. Also, give us 8m and 16m versions to queue for.

Let's have babies.

But for real...totally agree with this proposed system. Why restrict? Give us more choices, yes - even rehashing old content and just making it tougher. Would I *like* new content? Absolutely - but until it can be developed, I'd be happy with updated old content, or just plain viable older content for 55 +'s

It's really a shame they messed with the comms so that no one in upper levels wants to bother running the older content...or at least, it happens far far less now. It's solid material imo.

Scaling mobs to lvl 60 is far, far easier than creating new content.

Except you missed the rest of my post that pointed out there was more or less no need to scale any content if they just made the existing content in it's existing form more accessible.

Having 1 operation ( of any level ) to queue for in GF @ 60 is pretty boring.

I think if you want them scale to 60 then they should be the NIM version and leave the story mode version where they are at.

I know plenty of people that have not done operations before because of past time restraints and now are getting able to do them but they want to start off in the story mode before they get to the harder ones.

Just because some of you have run them before doesn't mean every person on the game has and leaving the sm operation where they are gives a person who has never done an operation a place to learn without half of you complaining:

(1) Where have you been that you haven't ran these before:

(2) Your gear isn't what is required:

(3) ETC, ETC.

You want level 60 operations from the old operations then maybe you should have them but at the NIM version.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I suggested an idea in suggestion forums about creating "Group Finder" mode for all classic FP(15-50) and Classic OPs. In group finder mode they will be level 60 and players from 15-60 can queue for classic fp and 50-60 can queue for classic OPs, inside the instance they will be bolstered to 60. Reward for killing boss will be something like "Classic FP lockbox" and "Classic OPs lockbox" or some name along that line, these lockboxes will be awarded to every player who participate in killing boss and they will drop 10-20 basic comm depending on which content they are doing and have rare chance to drop a token appropriate for the level of player who is opening it. Now there is also another criteria for queue, that is a player who is level 15 can only queue for a Hammer Station and from there the more a player levels more FP will be available to them like normally do now, at 50 they can queue for all classic fp. For OPs at 50 players can only queue for classic ones, at 55 they can queue for all classic ones and all 55 ones, at 60 they can queue for all of those. Well you get the gist of it..

Absolutely Not. The level 50 ops are still used for basic coms, they need to stay as level 50.

No one with any sense runs those for basic comms...

There are FAR easier ways to get basic comms, such as running Black Hole which can be 10-15 min and be done solo... Sec X requires 3 or 4 for the heroic, but otherwise can be soloed and between the two, gives nearly 100 basics for all the rewards and bosses.

Title says it all BioWare. All Ops should be available to 60 cause they're all fun. Not sure what Ops are planned for later this year, but endgame needs a boost IMO.

no thanks this is just a lazy way of them rehashing content and swtor doesn't need this type of action

I think if you want them scale to 60 then they should be the NIM version and leave the story mode version where they are at.

Um, I think you might be missing something... A lvl 60 version of the older ops, done in NiM, would be HARDER than the new ops released 8 weeks ago...

That doesn't make a lot of sense, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

I think I'd rather see old ops nerfed so they are easily soloable regardless of size/difficulty.

I'm also not sure this is quite as trivial a change as many of you think. They are already slowing the pace of new content, do you really want them to delay future ops/fps further for this? I don't think I do.

They are already slowing the pace of new content, do you really want them to delay future ops/fps further for this? I don't think I do.

You're assuming that you get one or the other, and that it is a fairly even trade...

We might get two more ops later in the year, but that isn't going to change one way or another regardless of what happens with the older ops...

Why even have ops at lvl 50? People don't do them (with maybe VERY rare exceptions) while leveling, and only really, really diehard bored people do them at lvl 60.

Or you just do NM operations which still many ppl fail at.

How on Earth do you fail at lvl 50 ops, even NiM, when you're level 60?

They were sometimes a challenge at lvl 55 because the enemies still hurt, but now they really don't, with 99% of the damage resisted.

4 people can sleepwalk through them now... You could do them with 2, if some of the mechanics didn't require more people...

You're assuming that you get one or the other, and that it is a fairly even trade...

We might get two more ops later in the year, but that isn't going to change one way or another regardless of what happens with the older ops...

Why even have ops at lvl 50? People don't do them (with maybe VERY rare exceptions) while leveling, and only really, really diehard bored people do them at lvl 60.

It's not an assumption. There is a limited number of developers and they only have so many hours to work each day. Any time they spend working on old content is time they aren't developing new content. We would still get the new content, but it would take longer to get it out.

To those saying that the 50's ops should stay available to level 50's, please tell me how the level 50's get a ops going for those since no one runs them? I haven't gotten to play EV or KP since 3.0; no one wants to run those operations as they won't provide useful comms for max level.

They might as well all be tuned to 60 to provide a variety of operations than just the two. Feels like I'm back near launch, with only two operations that will grant me the comms and gear equivelent to my max level.

Edited by undiess

To those saying that the 50's ops should stay available to level 50's, please tell me how the level 50's get a ops going for those since no one runs them? I haven't gotten to play EV or KP since 3.0; no one wants to run those operations as they won't provide useful comms for max level.

They might as well all be tuned to 60 to provide a variety of operations than just the two. Feels like I'm back near launch, with only two operations that will grant me the comms and gear equivelent to my max level.

They do get run sometimes on my server at least. Granted its not often. Like I said all you need to do is leave the lvl 50 stuff alone and have another option to select lvl 60 Story mode.

id say no to this.

Dont want to do polished old content i want NEW OPS, Seen that stuff so many times alrdy the enjoyment is gone from it.

Cause when they make it for lvl 60 its more hp on bosses and they hit harder but the mechanics will not chance so its no challenge to me ( we raid without guides and videos ).

The enjoyment comes from discovering the mechanics and the fights on our own not from doing stuff we have done tons of times alrdy ( we stands for our guild )

They do get run sometimes on my server at least. Granted its not often. Like I said all you need to do is leave the lvl 50 stuff alone and have another option to select lvl 60 Story mode.

I would be perfectly fine with that, a level 60 SM/HM/NiM seperate instance.

id say no to this.

Dont want to do polished old content i want NEW OPS, Seen that stuff so many times alrdy the enjoyment is gone from it.

Cause when they make it for lvl 60 its more hp on bosses and they hit harder but the mechanics will not chance so its no challenge to me ( we raid without guides and videos ).

The enjoyment comes from discovering the mechanics and the fights on our own not from doing stuff we have done tons of times alrdy ( we stands for our guild )

Then your uber group can skip them...but leaving old content, that has extreme value to the end game, to fester, is stupid. It need to be bumped up to 60...it has almost zero value being left at 50.

I would be perfectly fine with that, a level 60 SM/HM/NiM seperate instance.

Not at all...the people pretending they run it at 50 still will continue to run it if it's 60. There's no need to split it up into new Ops just to appease a few players...that's stupid.