The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard/powertech dps useless in pvp with 3.1

Cheetahignition

why should i play a powertech in pvp in 3.1 it will be useless you have not much survibility but a very high burst and now the powertech/vanguard loose his burst and then he is useless in pvp.

and then in pve you nerf a spec which keep up with the range dps and now you nerf it are you serious ?

I dont think it would ruin our burst, it will be a decrease no doubt but maybe now the class will be safe from further nerfs. If you want faceroll easy winning go play Sin, then you can make this same post when it gets nerfed next patch.

It'll be fine...okay-ish. Well Tactics..

You should update the title to include Tactics/Advance Prototype

Plasmatech will go from 'fluff dmg' to 'what dmg?' though. Vanguards already have the worst DoT discipline in the game and now it'll be even worse.

They can't spread DoTs

Their level 57 DoT deals 178 dmg per second while a Sage/Shadow deals 461.5 per second (their weakest deals 300 dmg per second) even Tactics has a far more potent dot.

-heck, a scoundrels medpac can out heal a Vanguards DoT dmg

They only get a 10% dot dmg buff on targets under 30% health- as apposed to 15% on the others

They do not have a skill that'll increase the amount of DoT dmg taken when the mobs are afflicted by it (not counting raid buffs- every dot discipline has that)

Their primary AoE is easily avoidable- only a 10m cone

Useless Discipline.

Fun, but useless.

Devs are morons.

Edited by Catholicc

It'll be fine...okay-ish. Well Tactics..

You should update the title to include Tactics/Advance Prototype

Plasmatech will go from 'fluff dmg' to 'what dmg?' though. Vanguards already have the worst DoT discipline in the game and now it'll be even worse.

They can't spread DoTs

Their level 57 DoT deals 178 dmg per second while a Sage/Shadow deals 461.5 per second (their weakest deals 300 dmg per second) even Tactics has a far more potent dot.

-heck, a scoundrels medpac can out heal a Vanguards DoT dmg

They only get a 10% dot dmg buff on targets under 30% health- as apposed to 15% on the others

They do not have a skill that'll increase the amount of DoT dmg taken when the mobs are afflicted by it (not counting raid buffs- every dot discipline has that)

Their primary AoE is easily avoidable- only a 10m cone

Useless Discipline.

Fun, but useless.

Devs are morons.

imma let you finish, but the execute boost is all elemental damage, not just DoTs.

So it includes FT/PC, FP/Immolate, FB/IP, the elemental portion of ShS/FF, etc...

I don't mind if they nerf PT dmg a bit. Just give us some decent defensive cooldowns. Energy shield is fine. Kolto overload is a joke, unless playing Pyro. I don't know if you should count HO as a defensive cooldown considering we mainly use it to run at a ranged kiting us. And tying the 30% defense buff to the AoE taunt in AP.... so if I'm taking dmg you want me to AoE taunt. But if my healer is taking a ton of dmg and I'm taking no dmg I should probably AoE taunt. Do you see the issue bioware?

I don't mind if they nerf PT dmg a bit. Just give us some decent defensive cooldowns. Energy shield is fine. Kolto overload is a joke, unless playing Pyro. I don't know if you should count HO as a defensive cooldown considering we mainly use it to run at a ranged kiting us. And tying the 30% defense buff to the AoE taunt in AP.... so if I'm taking dmg you want me to AoE taunt. But if my healer is taking a ton of dmg and I'm taking no dmg I should probably AoE taunt. Do you see the issue bioware?

This. If you're going to nerf their damage at least give them some survivability. After incoming Mara buff, Troopers/BH's will be by far the squishiest in the game with dcd's that can be burnt right thru.

Edited by J_McSkill

When I heard they were nerfing plasmatech, I simply gave up on my troopers, I have a commando, which is near useless in pvp , and I have a plasmatech vanguard, which will now also, be useless. It seems to me the devs want shadow and sage to rein supreme, and the rest to just kinda be there to be honest. I have moved on to scoundrel and gunslinger, until the devs get their **** together.