Breaking News! DPS is NOT the answer to every single situation!

Cretinus

So you and a team mate are capping. You guys CCed the deffer and this should give you just enough time.

Another team mate pops up (typically some flavour of a mara/knight/jugg/guardian super hero specc wearing some sort of hardmode PvE stuff with HUUUUGE HP pool > 50k, but unfortunately bolstered down to < 1000 expertise).

"Oh! A CCed one! HAHAHAHAHA! Gonna kick his arse with my hardmode-heroic-PvE-imba-superdude-gear!!" - our great hero thinks!

BLAAAM! He jumps on the deffer! Then, first the deffer interrupts the cap and next, he kills our great, great hero. In the meantime, the other team has arrived So that was it, with capping their node.

So, dear maras/knights/juggs/guardians wearing imba hardmode PvE gear > 50k HP bolstered down to < 1000 expertise: DPS is not everything. Think. THINK! THINK!

Edited by Cretinus

So you and a team mate are capping. You guys CCed the deffer and this should give you just enough time.

Another team mate pops up (typically some flavour of a mara/knight/jugg/guardian super hero specc wearing some sort of hardmode PvE stuff with HUUUUGE HP pool > 50k, but unfortunately bolstered down to < 1000 expertise).

"Oh! A CCed one! HAHAHAHAHA! Gonna kick his arse with my hardmode-heroic-PvE-imba-superdude-gear!!" - our great hero thinks!

BLAAAM! He jumps on the deffer! Then, first the deffer interrupts the cap and next, he kills our great, great hero. In the meantime, the other team has arrived So that was it, with capping their node.

So, dear maras/knights/juggs/guardians wearing imba hardmode PvE gear > 50k HP bolstered down to < 1000 expertise: DPS is not everything. Think. THINK! THINK!

Stopped reading at FotM Mara

What? FOTM Mara? This post ain't about FOTM or maras.

Are people so much brainwashed into nerf/buff | my class/your class that they're no longer able to understand a post that doesn't deal with this at all? My post is about bads who apply DPS in every single situation instead of thinking and then acting.

Stopped reading at FotM Mara

don't forget his sig

Fact is: Guard urgently needs to place a lockout debuff on the target.

hard switch is too hard so he wants to be able to DPS (or healer) tunnel by leisurely switching target.

---

OP's complaint is a valid one but will fall on deaf ears. The best way to prevent derps from breaking important CCs is to queue with a group and reduce the number of derps on your side.

My favorite voidstar CC was against a guildmate who was playing shadow for the other side. He stealthed out while a teammate was capping and I ran towards the door and activated Awe (AoE mezz) which caught my shadow nemesis. He popped out of stealth (breaker causes stealth to break?) and I hard stunned him. Objective acheived.

Edited by funkiestj

What? FOTM Mara? This post ain't about FOTM or maras.

Are people so much brainwashed into nerf/buff | my class/your class that they're no longer able to understand a post that doesn't deal with this at all? My post is about bads who apply DPS in every single situation instead of thinking and then acting.

Don't make me agree with you Cretinus.

To the idiot posters: He said " flavour of a mara/knight/jugg/guardian..."

No where was FOTM mentioned. Wow. You're all bad. Reading too hard.

It's not about fotm, it's about mara/knight/jugg/guardian :)

And yes dps in regs means 10-20%. I've seen many times operative preventing the turret cap by 2-3 players for 2-3 minutes, dealing absolutely fluff damage (just for interrupt). But he did a big deal for his team.

In yolo queue dps means 60-70%. The other 30-40% just not being dumb.

Edited by DerSchneider

don't forget his sig

hard switch is too hard so he wants to be able to DPS (or healer) tunnel by leisurely switching target.

---

OP's complaint is a valid one but will fall on deaf ears. The best way to prevent derps from breaking important CCs is to queue with a group and reduce the number of derps on your side.

My favorite voidstar CC was against a guildmate who was playing shadow for the other side. He stealthed out while a teammate was capping and I ran towards the door and activated Awe (AoE mezz) which caught my shadow nemesis. He popped out of stealth (breaker causes stealth to break?) and I hard stunned him. Objective acheived.

Jesaaas. This post is about switching brains on, before DPSing at face value. Signatures come and go. The post has nothing to do with my signature. So perhaps to switch one's brain on before answering a topic would also be a good idea.

Edited by Cretinus

fotm mara 10/10 I dieded
Damn. You even quoted them and still failed to comprehend what they said. They said "flavour of" meaning a brand, type or sort of x class. Nowhere did they say "FOTM".

So congrats. You're twice as stupid as those that only assumed they saw FOTM, without actually reading what was said.

It's not what class it is that interrupted the cc... It's how dumb that person is... They need to L2P... So many people break cc's in pvp... Even if it is a cc on the healer to burn down the tank so you can then kill the healer when he has no protection... Or cc'ing that Sorc or Sage who is AOEing everyone... It's easy people... You see someone Cc''d, don't break it... They've been Cc''d for a reason

Most people don't even realise there are tactics in pvp... They think it's one big death match... L2P people... Arena is the only death match pvp... The rest is objectives... People don't care if you can 1v1 them in a WZ map or you get the highest dps while losing the match because you refused to play the objectives

I laugh at people who talk trash in WZs because I won't engage in a 1v1 matchup... Or chase me when they should be guarding, telling me I'm chicken... But all the while my team is capping... Have you ever thought that maybe I'm doing it on purpose... LoL... Especially in Void Star... I try to draw 3-4 people into chasing me when they should be guarding... Sure they may end up killing me and then talk trash at me in chat... But when we cap the doors and win... I don't care if I have to play decoy... As long as we win

the idiots missed the point haha. I thought it was funny though.

No OP is right its been like this since launch but its not like BW has improved the situation season 4 of arenas about to start ie..deathmatches so guess what pvp in this game is....> big stupid ape with big stupid stick "smashy smashy me good pvper you dead..grrrrrrrrr"

Its not a surprise, the reason the behavior is so prevalent is it is rewarded. I don't blame a particular class or the player base. BW made it this way..only they can change it.

No OP is right its been like this since launch but its not like BW has improved the situation season 4 of arenas about to start ie..deathmatches so guess what pvp in this game is....> big stupid ape with big stupid stick "smashy smashy me good pvper you dead..grrrrrrrrr"

Its not a surprise, the reason the behavior is so prevalent is it is rewarded. I don't blame a particular class or the player base. BW made it this way..only they can change it.

wut...

I was with him until he said "BLAAAM!"...Nobody say's "BLAAAM!"; it's KAAPOW!!! dude.

no no no.. didnt you know that those who do the most damage win regardless? i mean come on everyone knows that... right?

just tonight i had 2 people in a novare do over a million damage, way more than anyone on either team... oh wait nevermind we lost that one...

So many stupid people that don't understand what this topic means. :D

Going to make that sentence noob read only " flavour of a mara/knight/jugg/guardian super hero specc" TO " flavour of a dumb a s s player DPS super hero specc

"

i hate people that thinks they need the most dps of that warzone instead of winning.

And NO i never play dps in warzone's, I always heal and refuse to heal the dumb *** dps classes

:p

Edited by -AsgArd-

i love in regs when ppl farm damage isntead of trying to win the game then they go n blame my guild or say oh you guys suck bcuz oh you know ppl actually try to win ypu know 1.5 mil dps doesnt mean **** if were not winning ....i mean **** idk whats with impside pvpon bastion latkey but no one wants to play objectives idk why they didnt make a 8v8 arena