why are sorc/sage heals fotm for healers?

Ursus-SUON

what changed from pre 3.0 healing sorcs to post 3.0? I don't play this class much, but it seems most people have shelved their scoundrel/op healers (even tho still viable) for sorc/sage heals? They are the most abysmal thing to try and kill in a wz. Sorc off heals on dps are already OP imo, but when they are heal spec is seems impossible to kill a good one. Edited by Ursus-SUON

I've been away from the game for a while until just recently, but I do know that resource management is stupid easy on sages and sorcs. They can heal a lot and just keep going where as an op, scoundrel, command, or merc has to work at and pay attention to resource management. sages and sorcs also seem to have many more reliable heals if they get interrupted.

When it comes to killing them are you talking about a single person trying to kill them or two or what? Let me tell you right now one person being able to kill them would be stupid. Two should be able to take them out especially if they at least somewhat know what they are doing. Sometimes you just have to stick to it. Once they've burned their bigger instant casts they are much easier to deal with. Enough stuns, interrupts, or knockbacks makes most any healer stupid easy to kill. If your dps is a joke yeah it might not go as well. But that is usually the players fault not the class. 3 players could probably just chain cc the healer and roll over him. The CC is this game makes it very easy to kill someone before they can do anything if you focus them.

If you can't kill him by yourself, oh well, you shouldn't be able to. If you can't kill them with others you all are doing something wrong.

Going 1 vs 1 on a healer is (and should be) an excise in futility.

But get 2 DPS classes on my case, and I will go down quickly, despite being level 55. It tend to go like this:

1) Jump or stealth to me and stun me.

My reaction: If this was only one DPS, then sure I would eat the stun and heal up, but with 2 and the inane burst of sins, PTs and even maras at +55, I have to pop breaker and begin to move / heal.

2) But then I am slowed / rooted.

My reaction: With egress I can force speed away or possible knock them back / stun / slow, but it's only a momentary reprieve, and there is so much immunity these days.

3) Second stun.

My reaction: Problem is the same as before, but now I have to pop bubble and with force speed spent, I can not escape afterwards.

So yeah, we can certainly be killed, but it takes more than one.

I am considering taken the 30% damage reduction utility when stunned, but I would have to give up healing on the move or healing when bubbled.

what changed from pre 3.0 healing sorcs to post 3.0? I don't play this class much, but it seems most people have shelved their scoundrel/op healers (even tho still viable) for sorc/sage heals? They are the most abysmal thing to try and kill in a wz. Sorc off heals on dps are already OP imo, but when they are heal spec is seems impossible to kill a good one.

It is their turn. Seriously. Mandos were first, second scoundrels, now sages. They seem to cycle them just like they do dps classes. Guess they want you to play all classes.

Edited by durhame

Yea except that mercs can't bubble or combat stealth...

ye pretty much :p but compared to the dps classes the healers are probably the one good thing to come out of 3 for balance any of the 3 can work with the right player..

Edited by AngusFTW

ye pretty much :p but compared to the dps classes the healers are probably the one good thing to come out of 3 for balance any of the 3 can work with the right player..

This is true. All 3 healers are close. Sorc is slightly a head, but it is a close call. Kinda the same for tanks as well. For dps... the margin between specs is huge. Just comparing melee dot specs, which are hatred sin, lethality ops and annihilation marauder, hatred is way a head in performance.

what changed from pre 3.0 healing sorcs to post 3.0? I don't play this class much, but it seems most people have shelved their scoundrel/op healers (even tho still viable) for sorc/sage heals? They are the most abysmal thing to try and kill in a wz. Sorc off heals on dps are already OP imo, but when they are heal spec is seems impossible to kill a good one.

I have only played a Sorc and only a Seer so I can't comment on why people switch. As for what changed, some notables include:

-Wandering Mend (An instant heal that bounces among allies, you can have it trigger instantly or upon taking dmg making it quite versatile for pvp)

-Healing Trance on the move (with the right utility)

-Salvation as a baseline ability

-30% dmg reduction while stunned (with the right utility)

Because Roaming Mend is an idiot friendly instant aoe heal.

Because they barely have to worry about force anymore.

Because interrupts do next to nothing to slow this spec down.

Because they have two CC breaks which makes off CCing them really difficult.

Because cleansing is next to useless, so those globals now go into healing.

Operative still better with guard.

I have only played a Sorc and only a Seer so I can't comment on why people switch. As for what changed, some notables include:

-Wandering Mend (An instant heal that bounces among allies, you can have it trigger instantly or upon taking dmg making it quite versatile for pvp)

-Healing Trance on the move (with the right utility)

-Salvation as a baseline ability

-30% dmg reduction while stunned (with the right utility)

Mercenary disciplines and skill :

Stabilized armor +30% dmg reduction while stunned and against aoe dmg

Kolto shell -- heal when being hit x 6

Protective shield +20% healing

Suit Foe --- +30% dmg reduction against dot

Seriously.... guys go try to play a sorc healer without a tank and come back to rectify what yu said.

Mercenary disciplines and skill :

Stabilized armor +30% dmg reduction while stunned and against aoe dmg

Kolto shell -- heal when being hit x 6

Protective shield +20% healing

Suit Foe --- +30% dmg reduction against dot

Seriously.... guys go try to play a sorc healer without a tank and come back to rectify what yu said.

I solo queue almost exclusively, but if we're talking about ideal mechanics, then I would base it upon being guarded (something I rarely am).

In any event, I wasn't saying how we were better than other healers, merely pointing out what changed which significantly changed in my healing capabilities.

That said, I am an extremly mobile player, and I pride myself on damage avoidance moreso than mitigation. Sapping DPS by forcing them to chase after me is quite gratifying. So was solo killing an Assassin and ending with full health. We are in general more mobile than any other heal, coupled with the new abilities makes us quite powerful.