World PVP - RP Event : Rishi King of the Hill, Feb 28, 2015

Anishor

Location: Rishi northern wilds ( exact location coming soon )

Date: Feb 28, 2015 8-9pm EST.

Format: King of the Hill. The faction that holds the hill uncontested for the longest wins the prize.

Prize - Hypercrate of Goods to be split amongst the winners. ( Transcendence members not eligible, Transcendence may fight on either side will likely depend on #s )

In Character Piece:

BEGIN TRANSMISSION...

SOURCE LOCATION: <NULL>...

*On the screen is a well dressed Sith with copious amounts of jewelry on his face speaking with a jovial tone.*

"Hello there, this is Captain Santhir, otherwise known as Darth Piratus. I'm broadcasting this signal from the cushy captain's chair in my pirate ship, the Golden Nerf. I want to play a game. I have stolen a treasure trove from those so called 'most feared pirates' on Rishi, the Ravagers. Those nerf herders think they're so cool because of their name and matchy outfits. Bah they're all losers and posers, except the wookiee, he's my boy. Anyways the point...I have stolen a considerable amount of wealth from them and buried it in an untraceable, unscannable, unforcey-crabapple container. Why? I've been bored ever since that zombie and his groupies were run off world. So I want some excitement!

Come fight over a set of coordinates that I will release closer to the date, the winners get the treasure.

The losers get nothing.

Until next time, this is Darth Piratus, signing off.

PS...That big, fat and beautiful cargo-ship going through my system I'll see you real soon"

*Laughter and singing of "Yo ho pirate's life for me" can be heard as the transmission fades*

END TRANSMISSION

Edited by Anishor

Darth Piratus...?

That is a terrrrrribble name. Could you be any less subtle? :p

That's the idea, should you meet Darth Piratus in RPs sometime you'll find he doesn't take the SIth traditions too seriously. So having a satirical name suits him.

I'm glad you are enjoying Ebon Hawk. You can go on their forums and explain how much you love it better than Jung Ma :D.

TBH, it's just a bigger, improved Jung. The PvP community, especially ranked, is much much much much larger and generally more skilled. The RP is better, excluding the (100% serious) ERP sugar-babies.

And prices on everything are cheaper.

:D:D:D:D

TBH, it's just a bigger, improved Jung. The PvP community, especially ranked, is much much much much larger and generally more skilled. The RP is better, excluding the (100% serious) ERP sugar-babies.

And prices on everything are cheaper.

:D:D:D:D

Ranked players are more skilled? That's just so far from the truth. I've watched both group ranked and solo ranked streams from EH. I'll agree that the ranked community is much larger, but definitely not more skilled. I would honestly say that over 60% of the ranked players on Jung Ma are above average players. I've seen far more scrubs queue on EH than on Jung Ma.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll see all the old Jung Ma players in the future, as I think they will be combining all the East Coast servers together and West Coast. :D

Edited by sbeeb

Ranked players are more skilled? That's just so far from the truth. I've watched both group ranked and solo ranked streams from EH. I'll agree that the ranked community is much larger, but definitely not more skilled. I would honestly say that over 60% of the ranked players on Jung Ma are above average players. I've seen far more scrubs queue on EH than on Jung Ma.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll see all the old Jung Ma players in the future, as I think they will be combining all the East Coast servers together and West Coast. :D

You can argue skill back and forth, but I would say that TEH's ranked shows much more promise than JM, mostly because of the fact that there is no dominant team, and because of the number of guilds available. Jung Ma unless something has radically changed, only has like what, one serious PvP guild?

You can argue skill back and forth, but I would say that TEH's ranked shows much more promise than JM, mostly because of the fact that there is no dominant team, and because of the number of guilds available. Jung Ma unless something has radically changed, only has like what, one serious PvP guild?

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you about the "shows more promise" part. That's not what Solicron even said. My point was, that from what I've seen, there are more skilled players on Jung Ma.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you about the "shows more promise" part. That's not what Solicron even said. My point was, that from what I've seen, there are more skilled players on Jung Ma.

TEH ranked community is laughable compared to who was playing last season on Jung Ma. The solo que community is larger, but not competitive. Group ranked, there's not much going on. There's 2 or 3 teams that que and one of those teams is currently wiping the floor with everyone. That may change once the season actually starts, but atm I'd say Jung Ma will be harder to get a 1650 rating than TEH will be.

I'm rather amused when players come back from other servers and like to tell Jung Ma how much better it is in the greener pasture of Pot5 and EH, etc. I just don't see the point other than for them to feel like they're cool or something. I mean really, we had no idea we were small. It's a revelation like none before!

Aravail posted this in the RoH forums, and we've had a few interested. I'll definitely be there, no classes on Wed, but not sure which faction yet. I'll be wherever my tank is probably :rolleyes: /spoiled.

Edited by Zekiirah

Pretty sure the top end PvPers on Ebon Hawk are people who thought they were better than they actually are on their home servers of Jung Ma and Jedi Covenant. Guilds like <REGULATORS> and <Postmortem>. So if we're going by best-of-the-best, no. I've seen both, in person or on streams. And we should be judging by the top end, because who gives a damn about the rabble? Bads are everywhere, on every server. Supposedly serious PvP servers like POT5 and Bastion have some of the worst of them. Speaking from experience, having been on Bastion during season 2.

KOTH is a cool idea. I won't be going as I loathe open world PvP, but good luck to others who are. :p

I'll tell you one thing TEH does way better than Jung. Our event announcement threads don't get derailed half way through the first page.

:t_tongue:

Well, you can thank a member of TEH for that.

Edited by sbeeb

Thanks for putting this together, reminds me of days gone by. Sounds like a lot of fun. Don't understand why we're talking about some other server. Who cares?

I hope to attend, though it's unlikely we'll field a proper team at that time on a Saturday as it's prime time for raiding.

I've never done one of these here. Are there understood rules on things like companions, flagship summons and instance-switching teleportation tricks, or is it no holds barred?

Thanks for putting this together, reminds me of days gone by. Sounds like a lot of fun. Don't understand why we're talking about some other server. Who cares?

I hope to attend, though it's unlikely we'll field a proper team at that time on a Saturday as it's prime time for raiding.

I've never done one of these here. Are there understood rules on things like companions, flagship summons and instance-switching teleportation tricks, or is it no holds barred?

I was hoping someone would be reminded of days gone by.

1. Companions aren't allowed.

2. the instance will be decided before the event start ( so the hill would be in instance X, instances Y and Z don't count.)

3. Flagship summons I believe would be entirely appriotate and proper tactical use would be encouraged. ( To me imo it's no different than hypering into the objective waypoint, do so at your own risk )