Why do people think invites aren't being sent 100% based on first come first served?

Toat

well also supposedly the beta testers are allowed in, not the weekend beta testers mind you but the ones that did the general beta testing for months.

Full time beta tester here and not in yet, and I ordered so late I was thinking maybe a day early if I am lucky...I just wish they would let me know when, I don't get why that part is such a big secret...but hey I can wait! :D

Edited by Rahl_Windsong

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By entrance code I mean he recieved the email to join early access people, it's no bull the first come first serve is not happening and I also was a closed beta tester and have not recieved access today and now the waves of handouts are done for the day. So Closed beta testers did not get early access to clear that up . May the force be with us all....

Pretty bad at this lying bit.

Because advertisement by some stores sent out 2 days ago, state that you will get acces on the 13th regardless of when you preorder, meaning you would get in AHEAD of those who preordered months ago from another site.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/Thuran/?action=view&current=preorder.jpg

If it wasn't the case and the above advertisement is lying about early acces and doesn't remark in any way that its "from max 13th" instead of stating "on the 13th", then it is false advertising and in this country this would be ILLEGAL as it is informing the customer of a quality of the product that is different from the same product sold by other retailers and therefore can be judged to have a significant impact on the decision of the customer to purchase the game at this retailer instead of another. This is the kind of stuff that would make you LEGALLY ENTITLED to file a lawsuit against that retailer in this country, and I doubt that Gamestop are so stupid as to put themselves in such a position without first checking if they could actually guarantee access on the 13th, especially considering how tight they have been in following the rules regarding other releases where other retailers took a more flexible approach, namely the cataclysm release.

So, either Gamestop is about to get sued, or Bioware has been lying to us about who gets in when, although which of them is actually the case I don't know ^^

Since when is BioWare responsible for GameStop advertising?

Full time beta tester here and not in yet, and I ordered so late I was thinking maybe a day early if I am lucky...I just wish they would let me know when, I don't get why that part is such a big secret...but hey I can wait! :D

...they DO tell you...

1. Click on the "My Account" button.
  2. Log in.
  3. Click on the "Code Redemption" button.
  4. Scroll down.

There really isn't any reason to believe a lot of the claims flying around and I take them with a grain of salt myself.

But the other reason left off the list is, like the guy above somewhere and myself recently, many people have their own personal anecdotal experiences of people slipping in out of order.

So, even if one ignores the trolls and goes by what they know and see for themselves there will still be a large enough group of people who raise an eyebrow.

There are some people that got in not based on the time they preordered. You know why that is? Because they are guild LEADERS. It only makes sense to allow the guild leaders to get in right away as many of the permission are things that can only be done by Guild Leaders until they delegate those abilities to other people and actually promote people to officer positions and provide them with certain permissions. So, anecdotal evidence isn't going to mean much at all.

I have also seen no evidence to counter it.

Now we're in a paradox and we're all going to implode.....

I should, perhaps, lay off watching Dr Who for a while.

So we're basically in Shrodinger's Launch, there's no proof either way so until we have proof both statements are true. OOOH Quantum... I just take Bioware at their word much easier that way. :-)

The people complaining here are the people that didn't get in yet. BW has said that early access is dependent upon when you pre-ordered. No one complained then. It's not assuming too much to contend that these people didn't complain then as they assumed they would be among the first in.

First come, first served. Seems obvious. Wanted earlier access? Order earlier. I'm not in yet. Didn't enter my pre-order code until early September. So long as I'm not in the start area on general launch day, I'm thinking it's a win. That hundreds, perhaps thousands, got in before me? Why would I care?

They're doing what they said they would, earlier than they said. This is no worse an idea now than it was back when no one complained.

The people complaining here are the people that didn't get in yet. BW has said that early access is dependent upon when you pre-ordered. No one complained then. It's not assuming too much to contend that these people didn't complain then as they assumed they would be among the first in.

First come, first served. Seems obvious. Wanted earlier access? Order earlier. I'm not in yet. Didn't enter my pre-order code until early September. So long as I'm not in the start area on general launch day, I'm thinking it's a win. That hundreds, perhaps thousands, got in before me? Why would I care?

They're doing what they said they would, earlier than they said. This is no worse an idea now than it was back when no one complained.

When you finally get in game, I want you to go back and read this post. Realize that you are a good member of the community.

To all the others raging, who will forgive and forget, once they get in. Go back and read your posts and realize how big of a fool they sounded.

I was a beta tester (not weekend stress test, full beta).

I live in Bioware's home town of Edmonton and worked for Bioware one summer (not at all related to the old republic mind you).

I still have friends and family who work at Bioware.

I have not been invited to early access.

If anyone was getting special treatment, I would be among them.

People are being invited based on when they pre-ordered. It really is that simple.

I have see no evidence to support this.

Its because anytime it is posted its removed the account is banned and the thread is deleted.

When your only way to tell people someone screwed up is threw the peopel that screwed up its likely nobody will ever know.

I dont care what you think of me or what you wana call me. I know for a fact there is atleast 2 people playing the game right now that pre ordered the game 11/11/11. Were as people that ordered 5 months ago are not playing.

I dont care what you say. I have seen it and I have tried to post about it to have them deleted and removed.

I understand mistakes happen but covering it up is not the right.

I'm also getting tired of all of the posts of people complaining. I'm upset I didn't get in today too, but then I didn't expect to get in today, I just hoped. See, I knew that they were going to do it in waves for each day. Why? Because Bioware said they were going to.

This game was originally scheduled to pre-launch on the 15th, not the 13th. The same people that are complaining they didn't get in today would still not have got in on the 15th if they still launched on that day like originally planned, these two days are a blessing for all of us, even those that didn't get in today.

Why? Simple.

We still get in earlier than we would have otherwise. They said they'd do it in waves, so we'd have got in much later than if the game launched on the 15th, these two extra days are a gift to us all. I entered my code in late November, I probably won't get in until at least two days from now but you won't hear my complain once here. Kudos Bioware, thank you. I played in two beta weekends, once about a year ago.. the last time was this last Thanksgiving weekend. I was left psyched after each of those two weekends. I hope that rumor about the guild leaders getting in early is true, as I lead a guild on Lord Adraas, but I'll take that rumor with a grain of salt myself.

Don't let the children get you down Bioware employees, I trust in you and your games, you perpetually churn out games that I come to cherish and I think you all for your hard work and I know that I can trust you with the Star Wars legacy, one of my favorite storylines of all time.

Edited by Darth_Raelen

I'm also getting tired of all of the posts of people complaining. I'm upset I didn't get in today too, but then I didn't expect to get in today, I just hoped. See, I knew that they were going to do it in waves for each day. Why? Because Bioware said they were going to.

This game was originally scheduled to pre-launch on the 15th, not the 13th. The same people that are complaining they didn't get in today would still not have got in on the 15th if they still launched on that day like originally planned, these two days are a blessing for all of us, even those that didn't get in today.

Why? Simple.

We still get in earlier than we would have otherwise. They said they'd do it in waves, so we'd have got in much later than if the game launched on the 15th, these two extra days are a gift to us all. I entered my code in late November, I probably won't get in until at least two days from now but you won't hear my complain once here. Kudos Bioware, thank you. I played in two beta weekends, once about a year ago.. the last time was this last Thanksgiving weekend. I was left psyched after each of those two weekends. I hope that rumor about the guild leaders getting in early is true, as I lead a guild on Lord Adraas, but I'll take that rumor with a grain of salt myself.

Don't let the children get you down Bioware employees, I trust in you and your games, you perpetually churn out games that I come to cherish and I think you all for your hard work and I know that I can trust you with the Star Wars legacy, one of my favorite storylines of all time.

promises and guarantees are important. this is a service rendered for payment in return. people are paying for this. not rendering promised services/amenities in return for money paid, is a serious issue in ADULT world. people who are earning their own living, do not take being mislead, lied to, lightly.

well also supposedly the beta testers are allowed in, not the weekend beta testers mind you but the ones that did the general beta testing for months.

Not so true, I am a beta tester, and not the weekend beta tester, and I still have yet to receive my early access code, and to top it off, I entered my code back on August 5th...

Why? Simple.

I <3 Bioware ... they are awesome. You are not awesome for complaining about Bioware. Bioware is my new god.

promises and guarantees are important. this is a service rendered for payment in return. people are paying for this. not rendering promised services/amenities in return for money paid, is a serious issue in ADULT world. people who are earning their own living, do not take being mislead, lied to, lightly.

Has the game launched? No? Then you have no basis - none - to assert you have been lied to on this issue. Early access may well have been promised. Earliest access, so far as I am aware, was not. Should people not get in for another 5 days, that's STILL early (pre-launch) access.

Just because you didn't get what you are now wanting, does not in any way mean you aren't getting what you, point of fact, paid for.

I <3 Bioware ... they are awesome. You are not awesome for complaining about Bioware. Bioware is my new god.

I didn't complain once in that post about Bioware, in fact I commended and thanked them several times.

Also, to the other guy who commented on my post. They weren't lied to by Bioware, Bioware specifically said that they would send releases out in the order the codes were submitted from the pre-orders. They also originally said the pre-launch would be the 15th but it was moved up to the 13th, so they gave us two extra days to get all these waves in for us all to enjoy pre-launch.

Bioware, you /are/ my favorite game company and have been for several years now, starting with Knights of the Old Republic.

Edited by Darth_Raelen

...they DO tell you...

1. Click on the "My Account" button.
  2. Log in.
  3. Click on the "Code Redemption" button.
  4. Scroll down.

Now I'm actually super confused... it shows that I pre-ordered on 9/1, but that my Early Access wasn't registered until 11/2...? I entered my early access code as soon I got home from pre-ordering... D: