New Stronghold coming out - can we please have more than four?

vuedange

I love strongholds. As an avid rp'er, I have four fully unlocked and almost completly decorated strongholds. I've put a lot of game time, game credits and real life money into them. With a new stronghold coming out, BW, will you let us own five?

Honestly, I don't understand the reasoning of limiting them. Seems to me one more stronghold for me to buy, open up and decorate is just more money spent on the Cartel Market for BW and more money spent on the GTN getting decorations.

I'll need an increase on the hook limit first to invest yet again on another Stronghold, but that's just me of course.

I'd like this also, but if given the choice I'd rather they just make the current hooks more customizable and moveable (things being off by an inch or two no matter where I move them annoys me greatly).

How about both? :D

Edited by KTap

I'd like this also, but if given the choice I'd rather they just make the current hooks more customizable and moveable (things being off by an inch or two no matter where I move them annoys me greatly).

I'd like that too. More leeway would go... a long way. :D

If we can't have another SLOT.. not interested.

Paid way too much to unlock the four I have 100% and I'm not about to delete any for a new one.

Don't really care about going over 100% SH Bonus for Conquest. (Should be 0% ADDED to bonus if you get 5th 100% Stronghold.

OMG I gave up trying to set up several rooms the way I envisioned them as the hooks where off by just enough that achieving any sort of balance or symmetry just wasn't possible.

OMG I gave up trying to set up several rooms the way I envisioned them as the hooks where off by just enough that achieving any sort of balance or symmetry just wasn't possible.

That is something that drives me nuts as well. Some rooms are perfect shape but the hooks totally bugger what I had in mind. Maybe if we could move the hooks about ourselves a bit? Even a little bit would as stated before, go a very long way....

I love strongholds. As an avid rp'er, I have four fully unlocked and almost completly decorated strongholds. I've put a lot of game time, game credits and real life money into them. With a new stronghold coming out, BW, will you let us own five?

Honestly, I don't understand the reasoning of limiting them. Seems to me one more stronghold for me to buy, open up and decorate is just more money spent on the Cartel Market for BW and more money spent on the GTN getting decorations.

To answer your question, Yes, you can own all 5. However, you can have only 4 of them active at any given time. Since you said you already have 4 fully unlocked and decorated, when and if you buy the 5th one, you will have to deactivate one of your current ones, which will pull all the decorations from that stronghold and put back into your inventory. Then you will be able to activate the new one, and fill it up as you see fit. The one you deactivated will now be empty and not accessible until you reactivate it. If you do so choose to reactivate it later, you'll have to go through the procedure again of deactivating one of your other 4 active strongholds. As for costs, if your a subscriber, I believe they said its free. However, if your not, their will be a reactivation costs in the form of either in game credits or cartel coins. Price unknown at this time.

As for the reasoning behind this, and this is only "my" guess, is the conquest bonus system is based on the division of 4. So when you have 1 stronghold filled to its capacity, you receive 1/4 conquest bonus points. 2 strongholds gives 1/2 conquest bonus points. 3 strongholds, 3/4 conquest bonus points. 4 strongholds, 100% conquest bonus points. If they tried to change that formula to division of 5. It would totally mess up the numbers and your bonus. Why can't their computers calculate 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 and 5/5 as compared to 1/4, 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4 is a mystery to me. Also, someone getting 100% bonus for over a year because they already had all 4 strongholds to suddenly being reduced to 4/5 bonus because a new stronghold came out would cause an uproar in the community. Bioware wouldn't know how to deal with it. This issue may be of no concern to you or I, but there's always those crybabies.

Anyhow, hope this answers your question. As to where I got this info, I don't have the original post. It came from and interview last year with Eric and some other guy talking about the future of SWTOR. You might be able to find the YouTube video somewhere.

Edited by Banthabreeder
clarification

They stated at some point that the limit of 4 was for game stability issues (too much data being juggled by the system at once causing lag / buggy behavior) but they also said that if and when a new stronghold is added they will reevaluate whether or not the limit still needs to remain at 4 to keep the game running smoothly.

I don't think they addressed anything about how conquest bonuses are tied into it. I would guess that if they do change the limit they will reevaluate that and adjust it as well.

Reactivation costs, as I understand it:

1) It is free to reactivate a stronghold if the original activation was made with cartel coins or if it has previously been reactivated with cartel coins.

2) It will cost the same fee in credits as the original activation cost to reactivate if it was originally activated with credits. Cartel coins would also be an option with the same reactivation cost as the original activation cost.

In other words, if you have ever spent cartel coins to activate or reactivate the stronghold it will be free to reactivate it, and if you have never spent cartel coins to activate or reactivate the stronghold, it will cost something to reactivate it. Subscription status has nothing to do with it. And there's no discount on reactivation costs compared to activation costs so it's really just better to make that initial purchase with the cartel coins. (It's irrelevant whether rooms were unlocked with credits or cartel coins though. All room unlocks will persist in the reactivated stronghold at no additional charge.)

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

They stated at some point that the limit of 4 was for game stability issues (too much data being juggled by the system at once causing lag / buggy behavior) but they also said that if and when a new stronghold is added they will reevaluate whether or not the limit still needs to remain at 4 to keep the game running smoothly.

Thank you! Wasn't aware of this and it's promising! This is what I'm asking for. I understand the deactivate/reactivate system they've put in place, but I don't want to just OWN five, I want to be able to play in all five. Sorry, maybe I should have made that clearer.

BW, will you let us keep more than four active strongholds open? Please?

I'd love to have one on all the planets! :D I'd love an aquarium home under the sea in Manaan, and a beach front at Rishi for a start. Perhaps in the future, we could live on Naboo? I like Alderaan, but I'm a bit wiggy about it, cause...future you know... :D

As for costs, if your a subscriber, I believe they said its free. However, if your not, their will be a reactivation costs in the form of either in game credits or cartel coins. Price unknown at this time.

I thought it was "free" to reactivate if you paid CC to unlock rooms etc, but will cost you all over again if you used in-game credits. In which case I'll never deactivate a stronghold, doesn't matter what they release in the future I'll not be using it.

If however the cost was "free" to reactivate something I've spent either CC or in-game credits on, then and only then would I be interested in any new stronghold. I'm not in the habit of paying for something twice. :p

Please do not waste more time on strongholds.

Agreed lol. Those that like them currently have 4 to whatever they want with. More would be a waste...but that never seems to have stopped Bioware in the past (see PvE space mission expansion).

Seriously...half the hooks aren't even balanced correctly. To get two pieces of decor to match identically (say matching pieces of either side of a door), one of them will be adjusted completely differently than the other...they should have equal adjustment points to be placed to mirror each other - there should BE no discrepancy.

And the fact that they put about a billion too many hooks for trophies....meh. I wanna put up actual decor, not just max out my trophies. I'm to the point now where I'm removing trophies altogether from my 4 strongholds....