Bioware, if you want to salvage this debacle, some advice inside....

LordArtemis

2) Quickly get a new 12XP event going again. Set it up to work with ALL of the game, all the way to level cap. That, IMO, will make most folks happy and perhaps even give you guys a pass. Even if you only set it up as it was before, up to 55 that would be fine. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN ASAP IMO.

Oh my, If they'd do that without providing an opt out, it will most definitely be the first time since launch that I'll have to let my sub lapse until it is over again.

Edited by Knorlac

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTH are you talking about?, what "debacle" are you talking about?

BW don't need to do anything!!, They released a new mini game in SWtor called Slot machines and they decide when and what to do about them, instead of letting you scramble through the Packs they gave you certificates for FREE, especially if you bought the Slot machine from GTN like me, They didn't force you to use those Slot machines and people didn't even have an idea about them to start with...

Stop freaking whining and be a little bit grateful!!

That was amusing.

I assume you meant this sarcastically.

I dont think they should provide anything other than unnerfing the cert rates. This machine was clearly intended as a rep device. Having the certs drop as prizes makes sense. It should NEVER have provided mats....that was a bonehead move.

They can simply fix this problem by unnerfing the cert rates and then sell them that way in the future, as they were likely intended to be.

I just done think they need to throw us candy....I think they need to remove their collective heads from their rears, post a clear and concise letter of intent and apology, and get the 12XP event going asap to get people to forget about this.

LA,

How can you say it was never suppose to supply mats, when making grade 11 mats more available was specifically mentioned in Musco's post? There is nothing wrong with it providing mats, just adjust the drop rate and make the cost comparable to running the mission, or slightly more. Problem solved.

LA,

How can you say it was never suppose to supply mats, when making grade 11 mats more available was specifically mentioned in Musco's post? There is nothing wrong with it providing mats, just adjust the drop rate and make the cost comparable to running the mission, or slightly more. Problem solved.

I hear you and I will not argue against what you feel is best. I simply do not agree. I think it shouldn't drop mats at all, or if it did those mats and the items made with those mats should be bound to legacy.

Now, that said, the reason I don't think it was intended to drop mats and only intended for embargo access is based on the rep it provides and its name. It makes sense as a device to provide rep and certs, giving access to embargoed items and perhaps some decorations.

It does not make sense, IMO, as a mat generating device. They can simply increase returns on crew missions....which is something they should have done LONG AGO.

LA,

With a maxed-out +crit companion, I've run the Rich yield UT mission for metals five times since yesterday.

ZERO purples.

The problem with missions has been around long before the CSM, and the CSM was never the problem.

All I see is "want want want" :rolleyes:

you would, that aside it would be a pacifier to these myopic lemmings and let the salt levels on the forums and other sites die out.. that being said it will never happen. the only thing that gets through to companies is anything that affects their bottom line. if you are under the delusion that the group of people at bio-ware care about anything else i feel sorry for you.

I realize the original intent of certs. Obviously certs are on the machine at present. Considering Bioware determines the intent of their designs, not players, I think that certs are NOT currently considered a "pack only" item.

Therefore it is not illogical to request a return to 2%.

Cartel Certificates were designed to reward people who bought / opened Hypercrates (aka people who support this game). We don't need them in the slot machine.

Certs are a way of making money (or part of one anyway), not just a reward for opening a pack. Giving some certs in other ways can be a potential moneymaker. Prime the pump so to speak.

Yes. If they are going to leave the slot machines as they are, this is the best thing they could do. Like with the encrypted data cube debacle. They admitted they hosed up and promised never to do it again. Sure, it would be nice to have an easy "rep machine" in the future for the other CM rep factions, but at this point the slot machines are just too controversial.

As you say, admit they messed up, figure out some way to make amends, promise no more slot machines and move on.

Yes, but they didn't remove the data cubes from those older packs, I still have them and they are unlocked in collections, so I use them on every new toon.

I paid for them, paid to unlock them in collections, if they had been nerfed to remove the rewards from them, I'd have been pissed.

At this point BioWare has made complete fools of themselves because they don't understand the word balance. They never have. It shows in multiple facets of the game and there are no signs that things will ever get better.

I will concede that perhaps their internal numbers said something different over the long term.

I can see how thousands and thousands of return hits, over time, might glut the market.

However, IMO the nerf to certs was a ridiculous choice.

Cartel Certificates were designed to reward people who bought / opened Hypercrates (aka people who support this game). We don't need them in the slot machine.

Except in a hypercrate, you maybe get one. And most things that require certs are 2-10. There are too few in a hypercrate. I almost lose my mind when I get a damn companion gift.

You need to do something and you need to do it FAST

What they need to do is fix the bugs and make sure the 16 man ops is fun to do again.

I would be a very happy customer if I did not have to see anything more about that slot machine ever again

Edited by Icestar

What they need to do is fix the bugs and make sure the 16 man ops is fun to do again.

I would be a very happy customer if I did not have to see anything more about that slot machine ever again

Unfortunately, there's a group of folks here that seem to want to start a new thread using the same arguements day after day

Unfortunately, there's a group of folks here that seem to want to start a new thread using the same arguements day after day

It is a shame that you have trouble understanding that the "group of folks" is actually a "group of CUSTOMERS" who are unhappy with the service they have gotten and want a change made.

The irony is that you are complaining... about customers complaining...

Why don't you make a new thread about your concerns?

Bumping the Cartel Cert DROP RATE would likely have me considering using the slot machine again.

Right now.. NO way in hell will I purchase another Cartel Packs to obtain the next version of slots.

Agree the JAWA (All) needed to be nerfed, but nothing about CERT's was mentioned getting hacked to nothing.

They SKIPPED that part of the question in Q&A during Cantina and several posts. They can't possibly ignore the forums for much longer because they are FILLED with nothing but hate & discontent over the NUKE job just done.

BIOWARE - you screwed up... yes you released a faulty ratio (We got that)... but the knee jerk reaction was WAY overboard. Fix the CARTEL CERTS and even bump up the GREEN's only for JAWA.

Being one of the many that were affected with Slot machine nerf, I would agree on certain points. But mostly on the one from developers letter.

However that would be clear proof that they have no idea about the game.

1. Machines being released as is

2. Official post that they "are working as intended" - intention = we wanted them to work like that

3. Official statement that they will reduce drop rates of java crab

4. Patch where they have made machine completely useless (and slap in the face in terms of 2 woo-hoo new drops in it with 0,001% to win)

5. Rage on the forums and Slot machines being used by pretty much 0,001% of the servers population

6. Suggested statement from the devs "we are sorry" (BP Oil anyone?)

I doubt they want to do anything about them anymore... EVER. My wild guess is that they will ignore each and every post like this, all in hope that it will "wear off" and everyone will forget about it.

Edited by SettGirkkurn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.