A Lot of Nothing To Do

Foambreaker

You can play the slot machine, I hear there's a chance to win an awesome rare mount.

Yes, there is...

If you sit there for 8 hours a day, it will only take you a week and a half to have an average chance of winning it, and it will cost you an average of 75 million credits...

Who really comes up with this stuff and says it with a straight face? I wish I'd have been there when Eric actually said what he did, so I could ask him if he had been drinking, or if he actually understood the math behind it.

Yes, there is...

If you sit there for 8 hours a day, it will only take you a week and a half to have an average chance of winning it, and it will cost you an average of 75 million credits...

Who really comes up with this stuff and says it with a straight face? I wish I'd have been there when Eric actually said what he did, so I could ask him if he had been drinking, or if he actually understood the math behind it.

I would tell you to let it go, but you're not going to. Believe me...I empathize with you, but the reality is, either Bioware is gonna address the issue, or not. If you honestly think repeating the same complaint a billion times in every thread is going to address the issue, I promise you it's not.

Secondly...you need to relax. I think homie was using what is commonly referred to as "sarcasm". If sarcasm is getting your panties in a bigger twist on top of the slot debacle, I fear for your stress levels.

I could queue for a HM, but if it pops Mannon the healer will quit on sight

?

I could understand if it was tython.. that first boss there is harder to heal than most raid encounters, especially if you end up with a group of people who still, somehow, dont understand that red circles are not places they want to be.

But Manaan? Whats wrong with that place?

wouldn't it had been grand if they included level scaled raids so that all the operations in the entire game were still worth doing? just add lvls, just add drops....tada...old raids retain their respective set bonuses in 192/198 quality while the new content offers its sets. I know...logic isn't something that is usually implemented into modern game development but we can hope right?

so instead of my proposal they make all the work they did on all the previous raids, flashpoints and other content completely useless, null and void, and a monumental waste of time. why I ask, why? at this point with this many raids avail we should literally be able to raid every single day if desired.

just stop being lazy and cheap, I know it's EA and don't expect much, but I think it would be a blast to roll through all the old raids and still progress your toon, provided those raids were scaled up and offered adequate challenge for the rewards, no need to change encounter mechanics or anything, just more hps, more dmg, more resists maybe /shrug. This way the mechanics of the current raids that take a massive dump on melees could be circumvented.

I could craft, but what is the point, all my comps get 192 gear

I could farm weekly's for 192 comp gear, but what is the point, my comps own all current OW content in L55/156/162 gear

I could grind rated PvP gear in regular WZs because rated don't pop, but what is the point, rated don't pop

I could Q up for last years op...

In the last couple weeks I think a lot of players have come to the same conclusion. Used to be at least 2 phases on fleet of players now during most of the day less than 100 players ( sign of a dying game). Appears players are fed up with limited options for elite and ultimate comms makes it pointless to hang around. They could have at least had ults for hm df/dp etc. Still not quite as bad as Rift's pay to win strategy that drove a lot of players away.

I could farm weekly's for 192 comp gear, but what is the point, my comps own all current OW content in L55/156/162 gear

I could grind rated PvP gear in regular WZs because rated don't pop, but what is the point, rated don't pop

Sounds like someone is a little tired of MMOs and needs to take a break. Good news is that there are plenty of other great single-player games out there in all types of genres. Heck, you can even load up a VM, pick up a couple of 80's and 90's classics from eBay and have a blast from the past weekend.

I have plenty to do. So I am content. If you do not and are not, why are you here?

Exactly. Still finding plenty of things to do on both my subbed accounts.

^ I'm feeling this way. SoR was amazing and I'm glad I bought it, but now that I've run my max-levels through it I find myself logging on and staring at my character for an hour while I jump around in circles and send my companions on missions. It's not that there's nothing to do, but I no longer feel like doing anything that's available. My sub runs out in a week, and I don't think I'll renew it just yet. I'll take a break for a while so I can come back later with renewed enthusiasm and interest. :)

Same here.

But I think my boredom also comes from the lack of rewards. Ultimate comms are heavily gated with none coming from the new SM ops and few are capable of running HM. Elite comms are fairly easy to get but they are so poorly optimized they don't feel like a reward at all.

The new ops are still bugged in some parts and the HM flash points most have already ran so many times just making them HM doesn't stop them from being tedious.

The rewards for playing right now are just so lack luster it taints the whole expansion. Replayability is just very low.

Edited by Quraswren

yes, I have unsubbed, slowly they have removed the want to do any kind of endgame stuff. I did some crafting and selling,but not so much now,with all the stuff on CM and what may be coming with the new costume designer in 3.1, less selling. I really only enjoy one event any more gree. I was a bit disappointed when it was not happening, and you think they could have told us sooner than they did. And the way they keep "nudging" us to do content. By the way there is a book called Nudge, it explains a lot in simple terms how to get people to do what you want and think it is their idea. A lot I have seen in the game since Disney took over. For example, I find grinding boring,but I will do it if there is a specific item I want. I did it to get the gree white armor.I also did it to get the Bounty armor. stopped doing the Bounty week after that. All was fine, then they changed the payment method for the stuff,instead of credits. It is now completed contracts.which "nudges" you to do bounty week stuff. I am sure they monitor how much these events are done, and saw a steep drop off with players like me getting what was needed then stopping. So they switched the payment option,now if they did it the other way from contracts to credits,I see no problem.

Now with the removal of ultimate comms and such from the lower OPS they are Nudging you to do the higher OPS,I have no desire to do them and or any of the "new" storyline. There is one new one that requires you to do a LOT of little mini quests to get items that allow you to take on the main Boss, and if for some reason you dc even for a second, you are kicked out of the chain of missions and lose everything,even if your close to the last boss "ghosts"

which I would consider if the servers had a record of solid connections,but they don't.

There is on other web sites a "random" rumor that this game will be closed down in about 2 years, and SWTOR 2.0 will come out.They predicted a lot of what was added in 3.0 long before it happened,and they talked about what 2.0 will have. One thing I feel is we are almost going into a Beta test, where they add stuff,find out what works,what can be exploited.what does not work,and what features we want the most. Then this will be added into 2.0. best of all a lot we will pay them for like the preorder and the 12x boost.(I can see a CM item coming soon where for 2000 CC you can get a unlock for 1 char, i am just guessing on the price)

As for the new race, if I remember correctly they were surprised we did not vote in the VOSS as the new race instead of the Cathar,It will be interesting to see if they charge the same as the last time.

Same here.

But I think my boredom also comes from the lack of rewards. Ultimate comms are heavily gated with none coming from the new SM ops and few are capable of running HM. Elite comms are fairly easy to get but they are so poorly optimized they don't feel like a reward at all.

The new ops are still bugged in some parts and the HM flash points most have already ran so many times just making them HM doesn't stop them from being tedious.

The rewards for playing right now are just so lack luster it taints the whole expansion. Replayability is just very low.

Well worded post Quraswren.

yes, I have unsubbed, slowly they have removed the want to do any kind of endgame stuff.
I don't like that you're quitting, but that's the only way to get them to care...I wish you luck and I hope to see you return.

My only gripe would be that there's so much in the way of old content that just has zero appeal. I'd absolutely love to revisit EV KP or EC, but as they stand now there's no incentive in running those outside of nostalgia. I remember when Soa came out and how hard that fight was. That was great. Not to say that the current crop of operations don't have satisfying bosses, I would just like to see the old operations get a bit of a retune so they are worth something. With that said though, regardless of if I have the new ops to complete, when I do clear those I can see myself staying pretty content with conquest, and pvp. No the list isn't long, but at least there's something on it. I just wish others felt that way. Saddens me that we're back to the beginning where people are dying for content justifiably so or not.

EV, KP, EC, TFB, SnV, DF, DP and TC should all be tuned to level 60 now as well as all the 50+ FP's. There is enough content in the game right now, BioWare just has to put it in the right place. We didn't pay $20 to have less endgame :(

EV, KP, EC, TFB, SnV, DF, DP and TC should all be tuned to level 60 now as well as all the 50+ FP's. There is enough content in the game right now, BioWare just has to put it in the right place. We didn't pay $20 to have less endgame :(

I agree...it's ridiculous that this wasn't done for 3.0's release. Sloppy, lazy and ignorant.

I agree...it's ridiculous that this wasn't done for 3.0's release. Sloppy, lazy and ignorant.

We ran some fresh 50 -55's in our guild through EV and KP NiM last week and we all had a good time. BioWare is sitting on a TON of content and needs to do something about it soon. The new Ops are fun, but there is more endgame currently for level 55's who didn't buy the expansion.

We ran some fresh 50 -55's in our guild through EV and KP NiM last week and we all had a good time. BioWare is sitting on a TON of content and needs to do something about it soon. The new Ops are fun, but there is more endgame currently for level 55's who didn't buy the expansion.

That frustrates the **** out of me. Management needs a shake up...the mistakes and missteps they've made the past 2 months are inexcusable and simply reflect incompetence.

I understand you, although I have quite a lot to do in the game still. My main goal is to reach lvl 60 with all classes and races. Also, to finish all the stories, ofc. But there are many things and goals you can do, at least to me.

Max out all types of crew skills, all affection of all comps in each char, unlock char perks and legacy perks (all of them - each char too), collect all the speeders you could, gear out all comps of each char, max out one or more stronghold, reach valor 100 and social X to each char, max out every Reputation, grab Treek and HK-51 to each char...

Oh boy there's a lot of things to do. You can say that all of those above could be boring and not funny, but you can't say there's nothing else to do.

And, if you already did all of this, then I must applaud you, say congratz and tell that yes, now is the time to seek out another MMO or any other game at least just to wait for more new content on SWTOR! :D

Max out all types of crew skills, all affection of all comps in each char, unlock char perks and legacy perks (all of them - each char too), collect all the speeders you could, gear out all comps of each char, max out one or more stronghold, reach valor 100 and social X to each char, max out every Reputation, grab Treek and HK-51 to each char...

If THIS is the kinda fluff you play an MMO for, you're playing it for the entirely wrong reason imo. MMOs are about the players you play with, not the absolutely inconsequential worthless crap you mention above. If THAT is what "I" had to do at end game, I'd never have had a character reach 51.

Point being...not everyone plays like you do. What you find enjoyable, I find goofy and gimmicky.

Welcome to end game of any MMO, if this were a sandbox you'd have been asking this question from day 1; at least swtor held your hand and gave you story content and not just an open world to go wander around in.

Have you finished every achievement?

Have you 100% unlocked and filled all 4 strongholds?

Have you completed conquest (galaxy conqueror)?

Have you collected every mount, pet, decoration, weapon, etc?

Do you have a character from every advanced class?

Have you seen all 8 class storyline as both a light and a dark version?

Try things you haven't done yet, did you master GSF yet?

There's plenty of things you can choose to do, and once you've finished whatever goals you set for yourself than you are as done as any single player game with an ending.

Point being...not everyone plays like you do. What you find enjoyable, I find goofy and gimmicky.

And that is the crux of the issue here, and one that has plagued the gaming community for far too long. Gamers need to learn to play a game for what it is and what it offers, not what they want or hope it "should" be.

Let's say I enjoy going to restaurants to eat. Let's say I enjoy that activity because I can get a good Filet Mignon at a restaurant and not at home. Now, would it make any sense whatsoever to go down to the local pizza shop that sells nothing but pizza and pasta dishes and expect to get a good Filet Mignon? Certainly not. I would need to seek out a restaurant that offers that type of cuisine; it would make no sense to go into the pizza shop and demand that they start serving Filet Mignon simply because that is what I want when I go to a restaurant. And that should hold true regardless of what the decor of the restaurant looks like.

Edited by TravelersWay

Well I'm still having fun with the HM versions of the new content, but beyond that... not really doing much besides trying to find guild run or two to gear up my 20+ level 60's now.

I'm glad to have collected all my Ultimates before they nerfed from all the older content. (Should have been done day one, but hey it's okay).

I do agree that if folks are not having fun it's time to move on and come back when the game appears to be fun again. I'm confident it will be around in some fashion.

I have to admit I was pretty concerned to see the BAR raised so high for SM content and was afraid folks would get bored/frustrated at the new content. Here we are... slot machine fiasco, SM content buggy and folks bored in less than 2 months of the new content being released.

The game developers just can't keep making content that only the top 1%-5% can play. NIM content (out in April/May) will just continue with additional posts around "Bored" and no new content posts. We need to see more Operations each year (Even if it's the SAME gear being dropped), but we know that's not likely. Maybe 4 new operations or 3 new operations might be in order. Have a throw down "TEMP" operation between the major caps that address content needs. Same gear, but not directly tied to the story line. (So off shoot of say a war over here....) The shortly after new content/level/gear REVISE that and level up to new level/gear a couple months later (NO not a NIM version).

Edited by dscount

And that is the crux of the issue here, and one that has plagued the gaming community for far too long. Gamers need to learn to play a game for what it is and what it offers, not what they want or hope it "should" be.

Let's say I enjoy going to restaurants to eat. Let's say I enjoy that activity because I can get a good Filet Mignon at a restaurant and not at home. Now, would it make any sense whatsoever to go down to the local pizza shop that sells nothing but pizza and pasta dishes and expect to get a good Filet Mignon? Certainly not. I would need to seek out a restaurant that offers that type of cuisine; it would make no sense to go into the pizza shop and demand that they start serving Filet Mignon simply because that is what I want when I go to a restaurant. And that should hold true regardless of what the decor of the restaurant looks like.

Your analogy is flawed...you're acting like SWTOR doesn't have PvP, PvE, RP, Crafting, collecting, completing or adventuring elements already. Most people aren't looking for things the game doesn't have...I'm looking for more of the things it has that I enjoy.

Me asking for MORE Ops or MORE WZ's is like asking the restaurant owner for MORE steak selections at the steakhouse or more beverage options at the bar.

?

I could understand if it was tython.. that first boss there is harder to heal than most raid encounters, especially if you end up with a group of people who still, somehow, dont understand that red circles are not places they want to be.

But Manaan? Whats wrong with that place?

Manaan's first boss can be a healers nightmare in terms of resource management if the DPS can't get the shields onto the droids.

Ortuno can also be a pain if, once again, the DPS are running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and don't regroup after the puddles.

Then there's Stivastin, who can be a mess if the person with adds aggro don't bring them to the fire.

When done properly, it's pretty easy on the healers. When it's not it's a complete nightmare.

Your analogy is flawed...you're acting like SWTOR doesn't have PvP, PvE, RP, Crafting, collecting, completing or adventuring elements already. Most people aren't looking for things the game doesn't have...I'm looking for more of the things it has that I enjoy.

Me asking for MORE Ops or MORE WZ's is like asking the restaurant owner for MORE steak selections at the steakhouse or more beverage options at the bar.

The analogy is flawed, yes, perhaps in the way you described even, but there's a much bigger problem.

I play this MMO for Star Wars. If there was a SW MMO focused on PvP and a different SW MMO focused on PvE etc then I would be happy to tell people that this isn't the right MMO for them, go play a different one. However, while there's only one SW MMO, I fully understand people trying to push their preferred activity into more of a spotlight.

I really enjoy PvP, but I don't play a more PvP focused MMO because it' wouldn't be SW PvP. Instead, I try and push for better PvP in SW:TOR.

The analogy is flawed, yes, perhaps in the way you described even, but there's a much bigger problem.

I play this MMO for Star Wars. If there was a SW MMO focused on PvP and a different SW MMO focused on PvE etc then I would be happy to tell people that this isn't the right MMO for them, go play a different one. However, while there's only one SW MMO, I fully understand people trying to push their preferred activity into more of a spotlight.

I really enjoy PvP, but I don't play a more PvP focused MMO because it' wouldn't be SW PvP. Instead, I try and push for better PvP in SW:TOR.

I agree...you just stated it better than I was able to. I was more focused on the horrific analogy used :)

The analogy wasn't directed at TUX exactly, but the general attitude of the gaming community, and it's not flawed exactly, just not quite finished. There have been, and remain still, examples of a portion of this playerbase who want things in this game that just don't befit what the game is or designed to be. We already have had the results of such (GSF and GSH) implemented in the game - neither one of them done very well due to the very fact that SWTOR was not designed with such things in mind. Personally speaking, that could have been development time better spent on the core elements of the game which are more befitting the design and style.

Now to get to the next step (as TUX has lead us into the door of the restaurant), we have the elements that are core to the design of the game. The three main courses - PvE, PvP, and Endgame PvE, with all the other stuff being the side dishes. Here we come to the next problem as pointed out by Darslk. Now, generally speaking a restaurant can be known for having several excellent dishes, though there are examples of ones that are known for a single signature dish. Generally, that's what we have in the gaming industry simply due to the fact of the limiting factors for developers (time, money, resources, etc.). So we see games that attempt to have a little bit of everything to try to draw in as many people as possible, but also try to focus on one main element to set their game apart.

In the case of SWTOR, its signature dish is the PvE storytelling of the game. That's the Filet Mignon. But we also have a bit of PvP and Endgame PvE - those are the Porterhouse Steaks and Baby Back Ribs, respectively. What we have here now, is a battle of the Porterhouse fans, the Ribs fans, and the Filet fans all desiring to have more of their dish available at the restaurant. My point of contention is that the signature dish should always take priority over all the other dishes. That is the main attraction and core feature of the game.

I certainly don't disagree that we need more Steaks and Ribs in SWTOR, but that should never come at the expense of the Filet Mignon. Ultimately, if the kitchen staff has only a limited budget and supplies to work with, their focus should be on their signature dish. To do otherwise would cause all dishes to be less than what they could - as evidenced by GSF and GSH. So while it's nice to have a bit of variety in the game, the storytelling PvE should always be the feature that gets the most attention. It is what BW does best and it is the foundation upon which SWTOR was built.

Edited by TravelersWay

It all got boring the day they dropped Ultimate Comms from TFB / SNV / DF / DP story-modes.

Say what ya like about that, but BW instituted weekly caps of all comms as a gating mechanism, and now that is compounded by the fact that it's almost impossible to get anywhere near the weekly cap, especially if you spend a lot of time assisting lower lvl people get through content.