Way to nerf the slot machine to uselessness

Danw

Completely useless now!

Bioware version of balance anything -> nerf it to the ground because a few vocal minorities.

All they had to do was adjust the drop rate of Jawa Items to something like the following:

70% green

20% blue

10% purple

And reduce the Cartel Market Certificate by 50-75%

Then, also remove grade 11 purples and blues from Jawa vendors... still missing blue grade 9's but have all grade 11's (blue and purple), WHAT?

---------------------------------

What they did:

reduce jawa items drop rate by 99%

reduce Cartel Market Certificate by 99%

reduce all win chance by 70%

Increase the cost of coins for the slot machine by 50%

Oh wait...they added a mount...with .01 chance of win,

and it's probably not even legacy given there is one for each faction.

Seriously, the issue was not that bad, you want to fix crafting remove companion gathering missions (green, blue/purple), force people to actually go gather...oh wait, companion gathering missions are money sinks, LOLOLOLOLOL

Don't forget GTN slot machine prices -> down almost 1 mil few hours,

DON'T BOTHER ADDING ANYMORE SLOT MACHINES to future Cartel PACKS NOW!

Edited by Danw

Bioware doesn't do anything half arsed. How long have you been here?

When they said they were going to "adjust" the slot machines, EVERYONE immediately knew

they were going to turn them into basically a useless decoration.

Bioware doesn't "gently" nerf things.

Bioware doesn't do anything half arsed. How long have you been here?

When they said they were going to "adjust" the slot machines, EVERYONE immediately knew

they were going to turn them into basically a useless decoration.

Bioware doesn't "gently" nerf things.

That's for sure, why make minor adjustments when you can completely change something to basically new item/ability/whatever and make them useless.

Logged in this morning and purchased a 99 stack.

Got zero jawa junk of any kind.

Got about 22 green rep, 15 blue rep, and 8 purple rep.

numerous spin agains.

Nothing else

Edited by Olicc

I would personally be happy if they simply increased the return rate on purple drops for the Rich grade missions. Especially Treasure Hunting, which at least for me, seems worse than the others.

IMO, rich missions should provide purple mats 100% of the time if they don't fail with 100% affection. Bountiful should be between 10 - 33%. No chance for the others. And Im fine with longer mission times, as long as I can get reliable results. And then Wealthy can give you some of everything and be guaranteed, like it already is.

As it is now doing just Rich missions, we end up getting 5 99-stacks of blues just to get enough purples to craft one purple relic. This makes the value of the blues only what a NPC vendor provides, since the market is so over saturated from everyone trying to get purples.

No I wont buy another pack. Made this decision a month or so ago. Why? Because the packs are mostly garbage.

Remember raid icons from packs? And then a week later raid icons as legacy unlocks? And the dropped ones werent even venderable, I had to destroy them? LOL like thanks but no thanks. Next time I think of buying a pack I will simply wipe my *** with a 10 dollar bill and flush it down the toilet. At least it will provide some small utility.

Perhaps that's WHY you prefer them...

You don't craft, but I bet you sell the mats for huge profit to those that do...

yup, they just want everything for free

And what could be more free and less challenging then mindlessly playing a slot machine

Getting Jawa junk before machines wasn't hard, just required effort and dedication and desire to do so.

But those that loved the machine don't want games to have any EFFORT, DEDICATION, or DESIRE involved.

Reading all these whines about something that was unbalanced and harmful to game being fixed really does make make one wonder why so many of these so called players even play RPGs at all. RPGs (be it single player or MMO version) fundamentally always been about progression and EARNING THROUGH EFFORT.

Yet it really does seem that (on these forums anyways) these players will not be happy till every single thing is free and meaningless and just handed out at the start.

Good fix by EA but honestly I'm kinda surprised they even did the fix based on recent dumbing down choices they made. Almost makes me hope they finally woken up and smelled the coffee that faster, free, sloppy design is not the way to go. ALMOST. But I've had that hope before and been disappointed by outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpWwKIapbYU

There are people who prefer these drop rates.

I am one of them.

And I've never crafted a day in my life.

Why have drop rates at all then? Why even have the machine do anything? If you just wanted a deco, then it could just be a deco.

The machine does nothing right now, it serves no function at this point.

Yea a lot of players are crying about their easy made millions...

People where never making millions (except those that only did slot machines for several hours a day for purple jawa crap), that's the fault of adding purple (and blue) grade 11's to the jawa vendors not the slot machine.

Edited by Danw

People where never making millions (except those that only did slot machines for several hours a day for purple jawa crap), that's the fault of adding purple (and blue) grade 11's to the jawa vendors not the slot machine.

You are incorrect. BioWare has data that shows you are incorrect. Plenty of players have adequately demonstrated the knowledge gained from personal experience that you are incorrect. Millions were being made.

Also, BioWare says very specifically they needed to increase the accessibility of purple mats/grade 11 mats. The vendor was part of a multi-layer solution and one that _fixed_ the fact that prior to 3.0 you could purchase the top tier of gatherable mats from the Jawa vendors. It was a foregone conclusion that these mats would be on the vendors and per BioWares indication of need of accessibility, that sooner would be more likely.

Its now simply a matter of balancing the slot payout so that jawa junk costs more, but not too much more, when acquired from a slot machine, than it does when acquired through gathering missions as the purple materials themselves.

You are incorrect. BioWare has data that shows you are incorrect. Plenty of players have adequately demonstrated the knowledge gained from personal experience that you are incorrect. Millions were being made.

Also, BioWare says very specifically they needed to increase the accessibility of purple mats/grade 11 mats. The vendor was part of a multi-layer solution and one that _fixed_ the fact that prior to 3.0 you could purchase the top tier of gatherable mats from the Jawa vendors. It was a foregone conclusion that these mats would be on the vendors and per BioWares indication of need of accessibility, that sooner would be more likely.

Its now simply a matter of balancing the slot payout so that jawa junk costs more, but not too much more, when acquired from a slot machine, than it does when acquired through gathering missions as the purple materials themselves.

regardless, the solution would be what i suggested in the OP

70% green

20% blue

10% purple

not nerf it into the ground with 1% random jawa drop as they did.

I still think that the grade 11's should not be in jawa vendors at all...them upping the amount dropped per crit /wealthy mission is great, since anyone can do missions...

Good fix by EA but honestly I'm kinda surprised they even did the fix based on recent dumbing down choices they made. Almost makes me hope they finally woken up and smelled the coffee that faster, free, sloppy design is not the way to go. ALMOST. But I've had that hope before and been disappointed by outcome.

What, like the launch game that was more like what you want, that almost died 6 months out of the gate?

The one that went from 1.7m subs to 500k subs in 6 months?

THAT game?

Your welcome :)

Seriously though any one thinking this wasn't going to get the nerf bat needs to learn to read. When a statement from the devs has adjust in the post...........how long have you been playing games to not know what that means? Last game I played before this was SWG, I have a sensitivity to knowing when a nerf is approaching but Eric pretty much flat out said its going to get nerfed.

Actually, what Eric flat-out said was that JAWA JUNK was going to be nerfed. I assumed, as he said, that the rest was WORKING AS INTENDED.

By the way, I opened two hypercrates, no slot, so I purchased one the first night with way too many millions of credits.

That said, I was still happy because I simply expected (and received) a slot machine that was FUN to play for my Stronghold. Not only something to do in my Stronghold, but something that my Guild mates visited to use.

I expected Jawa Junk to be nerfed big after Eric's post. What I did not expect at all was that EVERY OUNCE of fun would be taken out of the slot machine. Now it is just a pretty, large paperweight in my GSH. Odds (and fun) in Las Vegas are way higher.

For me, to fix the machine, all they had to do was LIMIT the weekly amount of tokens you could put in (fixes people who literally sat all day and clicked, and bots) NERF the Jawa Junk and maybe adjust the paytable on the rest MODERATELY and/or add some other fun prizes. But NOT adjust it to a FRACTION of payout for every single prize except the rep, because once you max out the rep, there is nothing fun to win. One cartel market certificate every several hundred tokens isn't enough.

Actually, what Eric flat-out said was that JAWA JUNK was going to be nerfed. I assumed, as he said, that the rest was WORKING AS INTENDED.

By the way, I opened two hypercrates, no slot, so I purchased one the first night with way too many millions of credits.

That said, I was still happy because I simply expected (and received) a slot machine that was FUN to play for my Stronghold. Not only something to do in my Stronghold, but something that my Guild mates visited to use.

I expected Jawa Junk to be nerfed big after Eric's post. What I did not expect at all was that EVERY OUNCE of fun would be taken out of the slot machine. Now it is just a pretty, large paperweight in my GSH. Odds (and fun) in Las Vegas are way higher.

For me, to fix the machine, all they had to do was LIMIT the weekly amount of tokens you could put in (fixes people who literally sat all day and clicked, and bots) NERF the Jawa Junk and maybe adjust the paytable on the rest MODERATELY and/or add some other fun prizes. But NOT adjust it to a FRACTION of payout for every single prize except the rep, because once you max out the rep, there is nothing fun to win. One cartel market certificate every several hundred tokens isn't enough.

I read their post and didn't miss the last part where they said they would adjust the drop rate. I also realized that this meant that it would be decreased. But based on the fact that it was working as intended and the rest of the post seemed to support that they liked the slot machines and felt that they provided us with something we wanted and was fun, I thought it was going to be balanced, not all but completely eliminated. I was thinking dropping it down to 33-66% of what it was. So, instead of 8 in a 99 stack, you would get maybe 4. As it is now, I haven't gotten any jawa trade coms which is all I wanted it for, so its been changed from a useful tool to a cash for rep machine.

Luckily, I never bought my own SM so all I lost was access to faster, reasonably priced treasure hunting mats; I would be far more upset if I had spent 3.2 million credits on one or worse, real money/cartel coins. I think all those people have every right to complain that the content changed after purchase (bait and switch) and they should be refunded. Those that spent real money/cartel coins may even have legal grounds to demand it. Probably not worth the hassle over a few dollars, but still; would be an interesting class action lawsuit in that gray area of virtual property.