Decep/Infil PvP: Alacrity?

BlobbMonster

Recommending people to pickup alacrity as deception for pvp is like telling your tank to heal.

It doesn't make any sense :p

So should Deception/infiltration focus on Surge enhancements then? and what would be more recommended resolve or overkill augments if I want to produce more burst?

Edited by RaithHarth

So should Deception/infiltration focus on Surge enhancements then? and what would be more recommended resolve or overkill augments if I want to produce more burst?

Resolve augments are global regardless of spec. The smidge of crit isn't bad for Deception. Actually, Deception needs crit in its current incarnation. Around 23-25% I'd say. Now, Deception is not a sustained spec in PvP. Going this route is defeating its purpose. Leave that to its sister Hatred. Deception is meant as a small skirmisher that can quickly defeat unguarded or lone foes. Be warned: In its current form, it cannot even do this.

Therefore, it needs as much burst power as possible but unlike Darkness, Deception gets no auto-crits so some crit is necessary.

Resolve augments are global regardless of spec. The smidge of crit isn't bad for Deception. Actually, Deception needs crit in its current incarnation. Around 23-25% I'd say. Now, Deception is not a sustained spec in PvP. Going this route is defeating its purpose. Leave that to its sister Hatred. Deception is meant as a small skirmisher that can quickly defeat unguarded or lone foes. Be warned: In its current form, it cannot even do this.

Therefore, it needs as much burst power as possible but unlike Darkness, Deception gets no auto-crits so some crit is necessary.

Be warned: In its current form, it cannot even do this.

It can, quite easily. The sacrifice in burst and increase to "sustained" spike/LS nets to the same overall damage. There is no arguing, Deception's repeatble and versatile burst phases, with it's CC, make an amazing 1v1 spec.

Deception gets no auto-crits so some crit is necessary.

It has the maultocrit. And even in full power/surge with overkill augs, like I am, the ~80% crit with Recklessness is more than reliable.

Edited by Exosasa

It can, quite easily. The sacrifice in burst and increase to "sustained" spike/LS nets to the same overall damage. There is no arguing, Deception's repeatble and versatile burst phases, with it's CC, make an amazing 1v1 spec.

It's amazing 1v1 against unskilled players, undergeared pugs or unorganized group ranked play as is any player using a gimped spec versus unskilled players. Fallacious information by saying Deception is a reliable spec in PvP for any purpose. It's not. Both Darkness and Hatred can perform 1v1s better at the moment.

; saying the spec was fine by using results that are ultimately irrelevant. Edited by Xinika

So surge at 65- 70%, and critical chance at 23 -25% and accuracy 95%? How much crit augments would I need? and where should I place them?

It's amazing 1v1 against unskilled players, undergeared pugs or unorganized group ranked play as is any player using a gimped spec versus unskilled players. Fallacious information by saying Deception is a reliable spec in PvP for any purpose. It's not. Both Darkness and Hatred can perform 1v1s better at the moment.

lolwat? I still find Deception is the superior 1v1 spec. With concealment operatives right next to it. If you don't face tank every class and try to match numbers and use the multiple cc's, stuns, and escapes correctly...it's really hard to damage this class. If you're an outside the box type of thinker, you can really get creative with this class.

As to original poster's Alacrity question, newp. Never. Notta. Zilch. Power/Surge. I take an accuracy implant because of maul.

lolwat? I still find Deception is the superior 1v1 spec. With concealment operatives right next to it. If you don't face tank every class and try to match numbers and use the multiple cc's, stuns, and escapes correctly...it's really hard to damage this class. If you're an outside the box type of thinker, you can really get creative with this class.

As to original poster's Alacrity question, newp. Never. Notta. Zilch. Power/Surge. I take an accuracy implant because of maul.

Serenity eats Infiltration alive. Don't even pretend it isn't true.

If you don't think so you are seriously deluded or have never seen a half proper serenity shadow.

Serenity eats Infiltration alive. Don't even pretend it isn't true.

If you don't think so you are seriously deluded or have never seen a half proper serenity shadow.

When you shroud all their dot damage...twice...vs you're burst, which isn't as easily mitigated....i think you're delusional. The spec performs great in 4's and regular wz's...don't get me wrong. Probably top notch. But 1v1, it's still not better than deception.

when you shroud all their dot damage...twice...vs you're burst, which isn't as easily mitigated....i think you're delusional. The spec performs great in 4's and regular wz's...don't get me wrong. Probably top notch. But 1v1, it's still not better than deception.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

When you shroud all their dot damage...twice...vs you're burst, which isn't as easily mitigated....i think you're delusional. The spec performs great in 4's and regular wz's...don't get me wrong. Probably top notch. But 1v1, it's still not better than deception.

Try me.

Concealment Operatives are among the few specs Deception has an upper hand against over Hatred and that's for obvious reasons (Roll). Darkness, however, would give it a run for its money. Deception is not superior overall when we talk about 1v1 vs most classes / spec. It should be. It isn't. No matter how creative you are, this game is ultimately still one dimensional.

Only area Deception has an advantage over Hatred 1v1 is vs Operatives. That's hardly, overall, a superior 1v1 spec.

So surge at 65- 70%, and critical chance at 23 -25% and accuracy 95%? How much crit augments would I need? and where should I place them?

For Deception? I'd say Surge around 75%, crit at 23 - 25%, accuracy at 95% and the rest power. No crit augments, only use the implants / off pieces to change around your stats. It's easier and cost efficient.

Edited by Xinika

Sound familiar? That's right... your BFF's signature, he who you abide by so adamantly!

Open yourself to suggestions from others? Certainly. That does not mean every suggestion is correct - much like you opening yourself to a murderer's suggestion to kill someone in cold blood. :)

You'll have to understand the intent of my posts.

My posts do not cater to the S-keying players who are still dragging 'Throw the Hutball' to their bar. I am posting with the idea of us fighting other, equally skilled players who knows my class' strengths and weaknesses. If I were to judge based off clueless players who PvP on the sideline, we might as well scream Deception is blatantly overpowered.

Edited by Xinika

sin tank relies too much to DV...which is shroudable or breaks with LOS. And too much of hatred is reliant on dots. Dont' get your panties in a bunch because your dot spec isn't the superior dueling class. Deception still has good burst, just not in one shot like AP PTs. If you're on Ebon Hawk, whisper me...my toon names are listed. I'll show you :p

The trolling is real, how about you two(talking to the people in Decimation) stick to arguing the facts instead of making repeated ad hominem attacks? Your maturity level is shining through here.

Fact is, no matter how "creative" you are with deception, it is still plagued with a range limit of 10m, unless you are going to use a charge of recklessness for your Force Lightning. It also has no self healing to speak of, and no tools to kite with besides knockback root. Even then, one cannot kite outside 10m range as Deception, unless you don't want to be able to do any damage yourself. Try 1v1 a GOOD Powertech as Hatred, and then as Deception, and see which spec does better. (Hint: it's not Deception.)

Edited by NamikazeNaruto