Tait/Eric, some of us would like to talk to you about the Slot Machine changes.

OddballEasyEight

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your first post does not ask for a better return rate at 100 coins. It asks for the gain of 100 coins. Some guys want a button which they can press semi-afk or macro to gain stuff, but thats no good gameplay. And do not tell me that all those peoples who did roll 1000s of coins on this watching tv at the same time, did this for the "Fun" it gives.

My first post asks how they went from A to B.

Boo-hoo, you can no longer print money, how dare they.

As opposed to last week, when people were saying "boo hoo, you can no longer gouge the market" to certain players, and they got all butthurt about it.

Oh well.

We could never print money.

We could print materials that others could buy for money, possibly, but no new money was ever introduced to the system.

Actually, it was a pretty effective credit drain.

But not any more.

Hard for the thing to drain credits if no one is putting money into it.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

The OP states it perfectly. Talk about an overreaction to something you, Bioware, said was not a bug or an exploit. Again, it needed a fix, but you really overreacted on this one.

And many spent real life money to get this thing so that they could get mats and credits, and your solution is a repainted mount instead? How distorted from the center are the bull eyes on the dartboards at the office there in Bioware-Austin?

Edited by Pauly

We could never print money.

We could print materials that others could buy for money, possibly, but no new money was ever introduced to the system.

Actually, it was a pretty effective credit drain.

But not any more.

To not expect this result was still delusional.

I've always crafted my own mods/augs/whatever and never bothered to play the GTN, so this doens't affect me either way but first the crying about them and now this... it's just too funny and the bottom line is, everyone with any sense knew it was going to be nerfed to the ground.

As opposed to last week, when people were saying "boo hoo, you can no longer gouge the market" to certain players, and they got all butthurt about it.

Oh well.

Hard for the thing to drain credits if no one is putting money into it.

GTN Tax? :p

300 credit tokens through - no cartel certs, no scrap, no droid parts, no jawa junk. Don't know the odds, and not interested - but it's for gambling, there are supposed to be 'wins' sometimes.. Rep tokens are not wins to the vast majority of people.. yes, they can be redeemed for some of your cash back - we are all maxed out pretty quick, but I think 300 credit chips would have netted at least a single item of scrap? Removed from my stronghold, and replaced with a rug..

Well I was just concerned about you, but you seem to have taken it personally.

Maby you should stop spamming off topic posts and I won't worry about your wellbeing?

Can you please stay on topic in your own thread? Whatever my wellbeing is, it's irrelevant. I thank you for being concerned but if you'd like to have a personal conversation you're free to PM me. Meanwhile, stay on topic, thanks.

To not expect this result was still delusional.

I've always crafted my own mods/augs/whatever and never bothered to play the GTN, so this doens't affect me either way but first the crying about them and now this... it's just too funny and the bottom line is, everyone with any sense knew it was going to be nerfed to the ground.

The point is that if they were going to nerf it into the ground, they shouldn't have made the first statement that declares that it is working as intended, it's not an exploit and they are just going to look into the drop rates of Jawa Junk (ie. purple jawa stuff, not all of the jawa stuff) due to the "feedback" (ie. whining) on the forums.

I've always crafted my own stuff too and I don't really play the GTN either, but the violent change in odds is very knee-jerk and makes the machine pointless for anything except maxing out your rep (and you'll do that in a few rolls).

There was absolutely no reason to cut cert drops and roll the remaining percentage into LOSS.

The scrap nerfs made sense...they said they did them based on their own internal goals...so I can give them a pass on that one.

But to nerf the cert rates, increase the loss rate. That was just plain petty. I JUST BOUGHT THE DARN THING!!!. Now it has almost ZERO use since I am max rep.

After all, that is all it was really good for in the first place, or should have been.....for rep and access to the embargoed items. They could have left out scraps completely AND PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE.

Really, Bioware, you screwed the pooch on this one front and back.

This really sets me off to no end.

Edited by LordArtemis

Are you harassing me now? That's against the rules you know.

protip: you don't speak on behalf of the community

No what he is doing is commenting on your crying about peoples concern for another Bioware good idea turned fail. With what seems to be a massive drop rate in reputation items along with a weekly cap to reputation this can be reached with 75k easily which is one stack of coins which makes your argument invalid. Btw here is a protip for you: Don't go to a gaming forum if you don't expect whining or get butthurt that easily.

Bioware, thanks for reminding us all who you are. EAware was coined for a reason, people don't like it but it's true. You're more EA than Bioware. Way to hype the slot machines and claim they are not an exploit, only to nerf it into uselessness.

And it's a big laugh you guys are removing the chances. Cats out of the bag on reddit, so remove it all you want here.

I'm tempted to charge back the $140 I spent on cartel market to ensure I got several slot machines (after hearing the hype). I can't believe I fell for your lame trickery again, a ban from the charge-back feels worth it at this point.

Edited by undiess

The point is that if they were going to nerf it into the ground, they shouldn't have made the first statement that declares that it is working as intended, it's not an exploit and they are just going to look into the drop rates of Jawa Junk (ie. purple jawa stuff, not all of the jawa stuff) due to the "feedback" (ie. whining) on the forums.

I've always crafted my own stuff too and I don't really play the GTN either, but the violent change in odds is very knee-jerk and makes the machine pointless for anything except maxing out your rep (and you'll do that in a few rolls).

There was no bug in it, simply poor design, and they looked into it.... and then they decided to nerf it, to the ground.

Nothing Eric said before contradicts what they did to it.

Classic bait and switch here guys c'mon. Release a machine with monumental impact on the economy and potential to be a credit printing machine to the cartel market. Sell untold amounts of hypercrates because of it. Turn the machine into a worthless credit sink (with a tasty rare mount as an inconceivably rare 1:100,000 drop to whet the appetites of addicts) only a week later after the hype wears off and the credit generation has been destroyed by supply glut. Smile and laugh at us as they count their money. End of story.

Classic bait and switch here guys c'mon. Release a machine with monumental impact on the economy and potential to be a credit printing machine to the cartel market. Sell untold amounts of hypercrates because of it. Turn the machine into a worthless credit sink (with a tasty rare mount as an inconceivably rare 1:100,000 drop to whet the appetites of addicts) only a week later after the hype wears off and the credit generation has been destroyed by supply glut. Smile and laugh at us as they count their money. End of story.

Thanks Musco and EAware.

Ironically, what Bioware has done here is REINFORCE what people have already decided is best in this game: exploit early, exploit often.

Yes yes officially this is not an "exploit" since they said it isn't. But come on: people who got the slot ran thousands of coins through it for huge gain, knowing it couldn't last. They exploited it, and have been rewarded handsomely.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.