3.1.1 Maybe.... Could be?

TezMoney

I noticed dev's are planning to rework sent/mara in 3.1.1, I'd imagine if there was a plan to look at Mercs we would have gotten our own post, so if not 3.1.1... when? Or are there really no plans for significant changes until something like 3.1.x or 3.2? Edited by TezMoney

I noticed dev's are planning to rework sent/mara in 3.1.1, I'd imagine if there was a plan to look at Mercs we would have gotten our own post, so if not 3.1.1... when? Or are there really no plans for significant changes until something like 3.1.x or 3.2?

I hope that Merc is last. Whenever classes are first they get tweaked the least. Then the classes at the end of the balance are fixed based on the previous classes. Mercs will be in a better spot if they are tweaked last.

I hope that Merc is last. Whenever classes are first they get tweaked the least. Then the classes at the end of the balance are fixed based on the previous classes. Mercs will be in a better spot if they are tweaked last.
Classes that are "fixed" last are usually super rushed due to a deadline thats more important then game balance.

Or are there really no plans for significant changes until something like 3.1.x or 3.2?

I'll guess we'll find out. I don't expect any changes to happen, I'll be brutally honest here. It's like Mercs don't even exist considering how long we've been unviable in ranked.

Off they go to buff Mara / Sent, but again seemingly completely ignore the class that's in a worse place right now.

I just un-subbed after 3 years or whenever the Closed Beta was. Commando can't heal anymore in a damage spec so it's busted for me. I just PvE really so not even considering PvP. When you can't complete the hard PvE quests in all epic gear, something is wrong. I am just not going to mess with it. Tried a damage spec where I set-up a Heal rotation that healed as fast as possible and too slow to keep up with damage even for my companion tanks.

Honesty, both you guys' impressions are pure conjecture :rolleyes:

No not at all. I am going off of previous changes. When there is a big tweak or balance patch or patches the BH has been in the first two and gets the shaft, While the class at he end is usually buffed the most. Merc is my main and I am tired of getting the shaft. You may like it and good on you for that but I am over that now. And by the comments it looks like most other Mando/Merc players are as well.

No not at all. I am going off of previous changes. When there is a big tweak or balance patch or patches the BH has been in the first two and gets the shaft, While the class at he end is usually buffed the most. Merc is my main and I am tired of getting the shaft. You may like it and good on you for that but I am over that now. And by the comments it looks like most other Mando/Merc players are as well.

Just be cause you're coming off your perception of previous changes, doesn't mean you have true insight to how dev's plan out and execute changes.

Not sure why you're trying to make me out to be someone who's against mercs getting buffed, i started the damn thread :rolleyes:

3.1.1 will either have nothing for us, or it will be a nerf. The only times the devs ever seriously buff a class is if tis underpowered in both PvP and PvE. Since Mercs are strong in PvE right now we can only hope they don't nerf us.

My DPS Merc and Commando both suck in difficult PvE missions now. They can't complete them. So bad I quit the two characters and re-rolled some new ones, but as an F2P player now rather than the subscriber I had been for 3 years. My Commando turned 910 days today, level 53, my highest level, but just for crafting now.

My DPS Merc and Commando both suck in difficult PvE missions now. They can't complete them. So bad I quit the two characters and re-rolled some new ones, but as an F2P player now rather than the subscriber I had been for 3 years. My Commando turned 910 days today, level 53, my highest level, but just for crafting now.

Merc DPS is one of the best in PVE

Merc DPS is one of the best in PVE

It's definitely viable in PvE, however it isn't the best rDPS. It's also dependent on fight, and depends on Discipline chosen.

However in PvP mercs / mando is in a terrible place, ranked isn't really viable (not the only class currently). It definitely isn't viable playing yolo, chances of your team supporting you so you can do some damage? It'll rarely happen. Regs, it's a little better, however it is really easy to shut mercs / mandos down.

Insanely easy, heck I automatically go for the merc / mando when on any class myself (because it really is that simple). There is no ability in there that would make anyone need to switch, so it's an easy target, period.

But again, I still don't expect to see any changes in this "forgotten" class. There are plenty of tweaks that BioWare can make to our actual Utilities that would force you to choose one over another specifically for PvP, and changes that wouldn't imbalance anything in PvE content. However it does seem that they're oblivious to our plight. :(

Still.... my shadow is waiting to be levelled. :p