The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's your favorite use of Sonic Rebounder in Ravagers and ToS?

TehMron

16 man Underlurker last night. I'm on my VG, we have a Guardian tanking. We're near the end with five or six people down, fighting buggy crosses, when another one bugs out and we lose most of the raid. I'm up, along with the tank, two other DPS, and one healer. The Underlurker is at around 300k as the adds are whittling us down. The Underlurler enrages. Tank pops CDs to stay alive. Adds plus knockback damage wipe everyone but the tank and I as the Underlurker prepares his final cross. He blows his remaining cool downs, I fire off Kolto Overload and Reactive Shield. The rest of the raid begins commenting on how we have this next time, oh that was so close, only 250k away....but we aren't done yet. The tank and I are still waiting for that last cross to activate. I fire off Sonic Missile....

BAM! We are both fine, while the Underlurker is now at 10k health! The crowd goes wild! We both mash our faces on the keyboard and deliver the killing blow. I /nobones over the corpse as a victory dance.

Favorite Sonic Rebounder so far.

16 man Underlurker last night. I'm on my VG, we have a Guardian tanking. We're near the end with five or six people down, fighting buggy crosses, when another one bugs out and we lose most of the raid. I'm up, along with the tank, two other DPS, and one healer. The Underlurker is at around 300k as the adds are whittling us down. The Underlurler enrages. Tank pops CDs to stay alive. Adds plus knockback damage wipe everyone but the tank and I as the Underlurker prepares his final cross. He blows his remaining cool downs, I fire off Kolto Overload and Reactive Shield. The rest of the raid begins commenting on how we have this next time, oh that was so close, only 250k away....but we aren't done yet. The tank and I are still waiting for that last cross to activate. I fire off Sonic Missile....

BAM! We are both fine, while the Underlurker is now at 10k health! The crowd goes wild! We both mash our faces on the keyboard and deliver the killing blow. I /nobones over the corpse as a victory dance.

That is pretty sweet, I'll admit.

My favorite part was the end :D:D

I don't PvE but that sounded really cool and you had great suspense in your writing too. Nicely played sir.

FYI there's a damage limit on sonic rebounder reflect

Just curious, do you have a number on that limit?

I haven't taken that utility yet but am considering it. Especially for raids.

I'd say its affected by gear cause typically I only ever do damage from a sonic rebounder on me when the tank puts it on the raid, in which case it does 1.5k damage to whatever attacked me.

However, others are reporting much higher reflects sometimes, so its making me think that more Bonus Tech Damage = more Reflect Damage.

FYI there's a damage limit on sonic rebounder reflect

Buggy fight is buggy? I was as surprised as anyone else as I was under the impression that it operated like Saber Reflect, and had a similar damage cap. The boss had a little over 200K left when the tank and I were waiting in the cross...then it went red and he was almost dead.

• 1 month later...
Just curious, do you have a number on that limit?

I haven't taken that utility yet but am considering it. Especially for raids.

Well,it's enough to reflect the entire Cross-DMG (at least it seems so),but there's no exact DMG-Reflection number yet.

And yea,I agree.Best skill at Lucker is SB,def.Makes cross kinda useless (in SM) and the DMG-Reflection is just Amazing.

Edited by ahzecklawd

Get this guy writing for Bioware. I was on the edge of seat lol.