Need help with PVP gear optimization with Vengeance Jugg

roxxrafa

So guys, i am playing a Vengeance Jugg (like the title says) and i wanted to know what i should pursuit in term of stats for my Gear.

I am buying the Vindicator Set, but i am new at this, so do i need to change anything, like mods? If yes, where cna i buy them?

Also, should i buy the Accuracy Implant or the Alacrity implant?

Thank you all in advance!

Accuracy Implants, you should be focusing on Power, try to get Un-lettered mods (besides the X so not AX or BX mods) and Surge. for Augments you should buy a second shell set to put all of the mods in then you can augment the shell set and turn in the PvP shells with no mods in them. Very helpful tactic.

The general rule of thumb is around 20-25% crit with buffs, 70-75% crit multiplier, and then put everything else in power and alacrity. If you also plan on playing rage, you could go full power and vengeance would still be okay with the 18%ish crit, but it does better with a little bit more crit. The last issue would be augments. For vengeance, I'd personally go strength, just for the tiny bit more crit, which lets you stack more power in your armour modifications, but again, if you plan on also playing rage, full power would probably be better.

So just stick to those numbers up top of you don't plan on switching to rage at all, but if you do plan on it, go full power and surge, since vengeance can still run well with it, and it is amazing for rage auto crits.

Edit: forgot to mention this, but accuracy is generally bad in PvP. Other stats will give you better numbers, since most of your misses will be against defensive cooldowns anyway

Edited by Kitsanth

Both specs rely heavily on white damage, even Focus. So, I would never run anything less than 94% accuracy. I personally run 95% accuracy, one crit mod, strength augments, and the rest in power/surge. These stats work very well for both specs.

Also, on the topic of augments, both work well. Power augments provides slightly higher burst potential while strength augments provides slightly higher consistent crits.

Both specs rely heavily on white damage, even Focus. So, I would never run anything less than 94% accuracy. I personally run 95% accuracy, one crit mod, strength augments, and the rest in power/surge. These stats work very well for both specs.

Also, on the topic of augments, both work well. Power augments provides slightly higher burst potential while strength augments provides slightly higher consistent crits.

Honestly, accuracy gives so little per rating it's really not worth it. Especially for focus/rage where your highest dps attack is not white damage. Most of the time your only misses with white damage will be during dcds anyway, so accuracy won't help.

Also, your thoughts on augments are a bit confusing. The extra crit from the str augments is mostly so you can put in another power enhancement, rather than crit, ending up with about the same amount of crit% but more bonus damage. This is somewhat pointless to do tho on rage, since your two highest dps attacks have auto crits, so you don't really need crit rating at all to be awesome. And you'll still have like 19% crit with no rating and full power anyway.

Honestly, accuracy gives so little per rating it's really not worth it. Especially for focus/rage where your highest dps attack is not white damage. Most of the time your only misses with white damage will be during dcds anyway, so accuracy won't help.

Also, your thoughts on augments are a bit confusing. The extra crit from the str augments is mostly so you can put in another power enhancement, rather than crit, ending up with about the same amount of crit% but more bonus damage. This is somewhat pointless to do tho on rage, since your two highest dps attacks have auto crits, so you don't really need crit rating at all to be awesome. And you'll still have like 19% crit with no rating and full power anyway.

I tried lower accuracy. It was horrible. I was noticably missing far more leaps, ohs, conc slice, ms, etc. Even on targets without dcds up. Plus the return on surge goes down drastically after 72%. Also, conc slice does almost as much damage as focused burst over the course of a fight if you don't miss with it. Additionally, most of Focus' fillers are whit damage.

As for crit, 0 rating works fine, but 1 crit mod does too. There's a lot of attacks that aren't auto crit, including a lot of conc slices outside the 1 min lockout on the auto crit.

It was a change made in 3.0 specifically to taunts. Taunts have a base chance to miss based on accuracy.

Taunt COULD miss aussuming someone have a resist chance which is impossible to get outside of using some cooldown (Sin Shroud and Pyrotech/IO Merc taunt/threat drop). So all in all, it's impossible to miss your taunt 'less you taunt a Shrouded Sin, a Pyrotech who just AoE taunted or a IO Merc with Chaff Flare up or if you have your own accuracy reduced by a tank debuff or Diversion. Learn your mechanics before interpreting 3.0 changes.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

Here are stats I am running for my vengeance spec ranked gear at the moment:

1070.7 bonus dmg

95..05% accuracy

25.05% critical chance

73.45% surge rating

this was done by somewhat halfway done min maxing process.

My power side sits a bit low since I keep a lot of crit enhancements and mods that came stock with ranked pvp gears.

Since 3.0 update, you must have high 94% to low 95% accuracy in pvp if you want to be able to land your attacks and have aoe taunts and taunts work effectively. My power rating does sit on slightly lower side, but 25% crit chance overall helps a bit and I decided to stick by it.

For gearing, everything should be vindicator's set except I have 2 pieces from marauder set (earpiece and gloves).

The marauder earpiece (i think it was challenger's....) is only earpiece with power + surge combo, and the glove comes with a nice power + accuracy rating. With 2 power+accuracy implants from vindicator set, marauder gloves and vindicator headpiece, your accuracy should be good enough for pvp.

After that I just got rid of all of my alacrity enhancements with surge + power enhancements thereafter.

This is not finished set / final stats yet, but I'm getting there.

First thing is making sure your not getting diminishing returns (Thats the thingy which reduces how much you get out of a stat after you get so much of it).

25% critical strike rating (with buffs) you will start to get diminishing returns so anything above that should go to power :D

95% accuracy, lots of speculation at the moment whether we need the 5% i have noticed a couple of moves missing so i am running the base amount which removes the standard 5% defense given to other classes.

70% Surge, after you get to this it will start to diminish but for something like focus/rage you have auto crits so this being higher isn't too big a problem because it gets used constantly. (I personally have closer to 80% surge)

I dont go for any alacrity myself, seems a bit of a waste for guardian/jugg, we have master strike/ravage which have any use of it and you need to stack a whole lot before it will have a big effect on its time. Personally don't need it as melee.

After that throw everything into power because power if your friend :D increasing all damage done is always going to be the optimal stat.

Getting to 25% crit isn't too difficult these days, lvl a toon to get the 5% crit buff applied to legacy then main stat gives crit so with all that strength its not hard to reach, i have all the datacrons but 1 and have might augments in everything after that i have a couple of mods with crit in and reach the cap =]

Edited by Zadtro
Typo