People are using macros on slot machines..

EvenHardNiner

Why are you guys arguing over whether or not folks are using macros?

Of course IT IS LIKELY they are. Folks use them on anything they can. It's all over the game. Naturally it is pretty difficult to say conclusively.

But, what is the purpose of pointing it out? To get Bioware to act to remove those that do so, or are there other motives?

Edited by LordArtemis

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you guys arguing over whether or not folks are using macros?

Of course IT IS LIKELY they are. Folks use them on anything they can. It's all over the game. Naturally it is pretty difficult to say conclusively.

But, what is the purpose of pointing it out? To get Bioware to act to remove those that do so, or are there other motives?

I am just surprised their not doing it in their own stronghold on a private Slot...

Edited by captpickles

With those profile images next to these posts, I get the mental image of a bunch of heavily armored bounty hunters standing around arguing with each other like school children:

"My dad can beat up your dad!"

"No he can't! My dad's a Sith Lord."

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Then you must be Sith too, go ahead and force choke me."

"I could, but I don't want to."

"No it's because you can't do it."

"Sure I can."

"No you can't!"

etc.

That pretty much sums up the thread really.

LA makes a good point though, that if the intent was to highlight the possibility that there are players using macros for the machines, then BioWare may want to look into it and take action where appropriate.

LA makes a good point though, that if the intent was to highlight the possibility that there are players using macros for the machines, then BioWare may want to look into it and take action where appropriate.

If that was the OP's intent, then he should just report it. This thread serves no purpose other than giving the OP a place to exercise his virtual lungs.

Nah, this sums up the thread.

Me: People are using macros on slot machines

20 other people: WHERES THE PROOF?!?! INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!!!!!!11one11!1one1

Me: Macros can be used on slot machines

Same 20 people: BUT YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF THOSE PEOPLE DOING I T!!!!!!! 111one!!1111

*people leave thread after being wrong and resort to personal attacks"

Edited by EvenHardNiner

Yea, I would agree that Bioware should probably prevent this sort of action where they can, and I am sure they do so. So I do not find it that odd to point it out with the intent to bring attention to it, even if it is speculative or questionable as to whether or not one can PROVE it is happening.

BIOWARE CAN PROVE IT. If it is happening, they are the most likely people that can confirm it and act on it.

They go AFK for hours and hours and hours and let the clicking do the work, I'm surprised Bioware didn't patch this in on the first day. These known "clickers" keep undercutting me because they have so much stuff to sell. I've sent in tickets but Bioware take days to respond to them.

This is you... claiming that people ARE using macros.

Not that they CAN use them.

But that they ARE using them and it is the reason why people are undercutting you.

So no, this thread isn't about if it's possible, it's about you claiming that it is actively happening and it is the main cause of people udercutting you on the stuff you sell.

If that was the OP's intent, then he should just report it. This thread serves no purpose other than giving the OP a place to exercise his virtual lungs.

Exactly.

Hell, he even said he has reported it.

Then job done, get on with your life.

But no... had to make a thread claiming that he knows, with certainty, that people are using macros. And then he gets all pissy and upset when people ask him to prove it and starts backpedalling and claiming it's not about "IF" they are doing it but about that they "CAN" do it. :rolleyes:

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Exactly.

But no... had to make a thread claiming that he knows, with certainty, that people are using macros. And then he gets all pissy and upset when people ask him to prove it and starts backpedalling and claiming it's not about "IF" they are doing it but about that they "CAN" do it. :rolleyes:

Maybe it makes him feel important because he is "in the know."

But that they ARE using them and it is the reason why people are undercutting you.

So no, this thread isn't about if it's possible, it's about you claiming that it is actively happening and it is the main cause of people udercutting you on the stuff you sell.

I think I missed that part. So this is an "upset GTN warrior" thread, not a "Curse those macro users" thread.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I am just surprised their not doing it in their own stronghold on a private Slot...

Arrogance. It's not what you know but what you can prove. We know that the more you click on the shiny thing, the more prizes you get. So someone is going to make it so that he can collect prizes while sleeping, working, etc. Proving that he's doing it is a lot more difficult than just knowing that it happens.

They knew what would happen the moment one of the devs said "hey let's make a slot machine for player strongholds like the ones from the Nar Shadaa event except they give out crafting mats and stuff 75% of the time!"

Edited by Tolunart

Well, considering he's started 6 separate threads (several with the same subject) about the slot machines, I'd say it's just that he's got some sort of obsession with the slot machines.

If this is in fact an "upset GTN warrior" thread, it makes sense, from his subjective point of view.

Exactly.

Maybe it makes him feel important because he is "in the know."

I think I missed that part. So this is an "upset GTN warrior" thread, not a "Curse those macro users" thread.

Would you mind using one account please instead of two? Then again it's rather amusing watching you talk to yourself out of desperation. :rolleyes: & it's against the rules to harass other forum members so i'd rather you keep your thoughts to yourself or you can message yourself on PM.

Edited by EvenHardNiner

Yes, I am claiming they ARE using macros because I've seen the proof for myself. And the reason they are undercutting me and a lot of other players is because they always have so much to sell because of all their macroing.

And as of right now I do have the proof. But I don't want to show you because you're a meanie.:mad:

Edited by EvenHardNiner

Yes, I am claiming they ARE using macros because I've seen the proof for myself. And the reason they are undercutting me and a lot of other players is because they always have so much to sell because of all their macroing.

And as of right now I do have the proof. But I don't want to show you because you're a meanie.:mad:

/facepalm/

so it can NEVER BE EVER... that it is a group of people in a gold farmer business swapping chairs and continuing to click?

It can.

Called reasonable doubt. So long as that can exist there will *NEVER* be a ban.. *ever*

Just like there are no bans for using programmable keyboards to click more than one ability.. even though the logs ''suggest'' the evidence of such.

Bioware has already said they are "looking into" the jawa junk drop rate. I am sure it will be nerfed very soon.

I don't have any video proof (not sure how I would get some) of someone using a macro. But I have been told by a guild member who has 100s of jawa junks and many cartel certs than he uses a repeatable macro. I also have slots in my stronghold and have seen players stand there for hours clicking, never moving, and not responding to whispers. So there is no doubt in my mind that players are using macros. That is besides the point. Bioware should have anticipated that and adjusted the drop rates accordingly.

Edited by MotorCityMan

My suggestion is to undercut the under cutters... because this is the new price of mats. .....*permanently*....

And find a new market niche and cut your losses. I *guarantee* we will see new slot machines in the future for different REP items because BW likes money.

Edited by captpickles

All I have to say is thank you Bioware for reducing the price of Revan's helmet. Went from zero to over three quarters to Champion in Contraband Resale rep in about forty minutes. And have more than enough to get to Legend tomorrow. Please add more rep token types to the Slot machine.

YUP! 10 minutes and will be legend tomorrow as well :) it will be a Revan mask party!