How do you survive against the fotm DerpTechs?!

Hi I have always played Healing operative. Ever since they nerf dps operatives to oblivion in the previous patches.

Boy i love the amount of bull **** bioware has abused us with.

SO... Could anyone give me a real example on how to survive against a really good powertechs. I'm talking about ones that get rated in the 2k ratings from the last ranked season.

!!PLEASE BARE IN MIND THAT IM TALKING ABOUT SOLO RANKED!! NORMALLY HEALERS IN SOLO RANKED GET 2+ DPS ON THEM AS SOON AS THEY START HEALING.

more Then 80% Of the time. I get Killed through Shield probe during the first initial stun.

I am *********** absolutely sick of the fact that my Shield becomes absolutely useless. USELESS.

:rak_03: Nerf Shield Probe :rak_03:

I'm sorry I'm frustrated beyond belief. I'm sorry... please help me...

I tried posting on the pvp forums and only to get trolled by the following (L2P you garbage healer)

Here is the link to that terrible thread of bull **** http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=787323

I have tried the following in hopes to survive

1. When I get pulled by the Powertech I immediately pop shield probe knowing Im going to get Stunned. Which yes I do get stunned.

I die in the first 3 seconds of the stun. Shield probe cannot handle this amount of stupid overpowered damage.

2. Break the first stun. Throw a stun grenade. Then roll away. Only problem Is I also get "rubber banned" Back from where I rolled. This is a big problem since I am either rooted/slowed. So then I get either CC'd again, then killed instantly.

3. Same thing as number 2. Only I also use cloaking screen. Then hide by a pillar to try to heal the others.

However once I use my cloak and CC break all to avoid getting instantly killed the first time..What makes you think they cant do it after I blow all these cooldowns?

Each and every ranked match I go into There are at least 3 powertechs in the match. My server is riddled with FOTM re-rollers its sickening.

I am fully geared/augmented I do an average of 2.5K HPS. I know this isn't great HPS But ever since 3.0 I've struggled to hit the 3k HPS. Mainly killed instantly by *********** powertechs... So actually I do 0 HPS.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM AGAINST ANY OTHER CLASSES. POWERTECHS ARE THE ONLY CLASS THAT KILLS ME INSTANTLY.

Once again, I'm sorry I'm typing out of frustration! Please for the love of god help me. :rak_04:

Alright most of you who will reply will probably not read any of this **** and just troll me.

So troll away YAY I'm already "unscrubscribed" from the game in hopes of waiting for changes to powertechs.

:rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03:

Edited by COOKIESNOMNOMNOM

You don't have problems with hatred sins coming after you? You must be lucky then. Seriously though there isn't alot you really can do against pt's. The burst they have is so ridiculous right now and needs to be toned down. Edited by Iona_Var

Hatred sins have too much sustain (those heals in % of damage are CRAZY too good) so if the hatred sins does not bursts you, he'll certainly will get you on the long run unless you got teamates to get him off of you. For PTs... even if you stun them, they will spam shoulder cannon 7x (5% max hp healed per missile) so the best thing, again, is to either stun/mezz his FOTM scrub @ss then run away (out of his 10m range, or 20m if he spec'ed into a utility) to teamates or to use your combat stealth... :/

I was and always will be an Op in my heart but I'm seriously considering unsubbing (got the 2 month no auto-renewal and I really regret it). I'll reroll sorc or another FOTM until my sub finishes then byebye. In my whole year, year and a half I played, Bioware only showed how they can't balance (as I once saw in a sig) "a plywood plank even if it was laying on flat ground". Op has been an underdog since I can't remember. Yes we got some buffs but other classes (that were already better than us) got even betters buffs which increased the gap between us and them. Assassins can do everything we do better (beside healer of course) ...

Edited by ArielRebel

Hatred sins have too much sustain (those heals in % of damage are CRAZY too good) so if the hatred sins does not bursts you, he'll certainly will get you on the long run unless you got teamates to get him off of you. For PTs... even if you stun them, they will spam shoulder cannon 7x (5% max hp healed per missile) so the best thing, again, is to either stun/mezz his FOTM scrub @ss then run away (out of his 10m range, or 20m if he spec'ed into a utility) to teamates or to use your combat stealth... :/

I was and always will be an Op in my heart but I'm seriously considering unsubbing (got the 2 month no auto-renewal and I really regret it). I'll reroll sorc or another FOTM until my sub finishes then byebye. In my whole year, year and a half I played, Bioware only showed how they can't balance (as I once saw in a sig) "a plywood plank even if it was laying on flat ground". Op has been an underdog since I can't remember. Yes we got some buffs but other classes (that were already better than us) got even betters buffs which increased the gap between us and them. Assassins can do everything we do better (beside healer of course) ...

QFT I've been trying to find operatives on my server that still play.. I'm always looking for advice.

I'm dead serious they all stopped playing and quit for wow. Or they all re-rolled sorc healers.

:(

QFT I've been trying to find operatives on my server that still play.. I'm always looking for advice.

I'm dead serious they all stopped playing and quit for wow. Or they all re-rolled sorc healers.

:(

Oh I was talking for DPS, but here is a resume:

For healing Op: I don't play Op Healer but I did heard from guildies that do play healers and the problem with Op is that it has close to no burst heals therefore, if a fight goes on for long, yes you can still heal a lot but as soon as there's focus fire and your teamate gets ganged-bang... you can't do much by yourself unlike sorc and even merc which has really good burst heals. So, in a 4v4, sorc healers is the best healer (merc also, but he gets insta-focused).

One match I did yesterday: my team = a merc healer, a marauder, a sorc (DPS) and me (DPS);

the other team = 2 scoundrel healers, a scoundrel DPS and a sorc DPS;

they got ANNiHILATED because both their heals together could not sustain our burst at ALL (and we were not all 3 DPS on a single target, we had bad focus lol it was a pretty terrible coordination in fact xD)

For DPS and usefullness in PVP: Ops are just subpar to everything beside maybe merc, sniper and marauder. If left alone though, a merc and sniper will do far better than an Op. There's just litterally no reason to play Op beside giving yourself a challenge (read: handicap).

So, IMO (and the opinion of guildies) Op healer is only good in a raid groups to help with sustain while other healers do the burst heals.

Edited by ArielRebel

Flashbang, grenades, and your roll are your best friends. Also teammates who know how to peel. Make sure you keep HOTs on yourself at all times to help negate burst when they stun you. When a powertech throws a thermal det on you, hit evasion so the rail shot you know will be coming will miss. Stealth escape if you need more TA, or to get them to stop attacking you for a second or 2. Shield Probe on cooldown just to help a little bit.

The biggest thing is to hope that your teammates aren't bad, and they kill the enemy before you can't heal them anymore.

Any healer in 4v4 is going to have a hard time due to lack of space to move around in. At least you're not trying to do the grind on a mando....I did and it sucked.

You need to focus on 'healing through survivability.' I recently dropped my mando after playing it since launch due to lack of escapes and such. I played an op for a few months and loved it, so I rolled a Scoundrel as my new main, due to how much you can move around and THAT's what you need to cash in on. It's a matter of you being able to move away from the enemy while keeping the enemy from advancing on you.

For your spec for example, put a point into Surrender so it turns into an un-root. Another point that gives you 2 seconds of Dodge when you use disp act.

I even got Cybertech on my new toon and I use the Cartel Waste Grenades that's an AOE slow. It's only good for 10m and has a 3 min cool down, but it can make a difference. Heck, even in regs i'll throw one into a pile of the enemy since so many people in this game are melee types. Hope that gives you some things to think about.

tl;dr focus on being able to move around.

If there are two good pts against you, you may need a good jug or sorc to eat their opening burst. Once the shoulder cannon of at least one is gone, and their cell burst, then you can pop from stealth, heal them up, play from there.

As a dps op, 2 good pts on the other team is death, for you or a teammate. But at least as heals you have a chance to get your side back into the game.

When I used to get pulled as a sabo slinger; and the still had rollbang in place I would punish those naughty PT's by pre-tossing shockcharge then when pulled in pop dodge/ rollbang/ inc grenade/ sabotage reset then roll out.. Not possible anymore obviously. but for a heal OP I think process would be near same. Pulled/ dodge- flashbang- roll out. Edited by KingKalbo

The hardest part is surviving the 7 shoulder cannons. But it is do-able.

From my perspective as both an operative healer and an AP PT;

Roll is your friend. Learn to time it a split second before TD goes off.

Be FAST with your stun-break and counter stun. AP damage requires a ramp up before the pain train hits the station, and you want to do all you can to interrupt that train or throw them out of their rotation. Do this by stunning (even if i break it, it will buy you a few moments to gain distance and drop a cast and I'll need to line up my burst again), and kiting/LOS with HoTs.

Be sure to cleanse the 5% tech damage debuff from thermal det. It may not seem like much but trust me - you don't want to sit there taking 5% more damage from all of my hits too often.

I realize two PT's are frusterating, but outside of the shoulder cannon spam, it really is no more or less difficult to live through than other burst specs.

You really aren't supposed to survive 2v1 without any assistance whatsoever. Most healers couldn't tank me indefinately pre 3.0 (when I was old AP with the flamethrower mechanic). Your team MUST peel for you no matter what you're facing, otherwise you're dead meat (unless enemy DPS is just plain bad).

Also remember to cycle your CD's unless in an emergency. I take the utilites for 30% shield probe increase, and the 20% damage reduction on stim boost. If you know those two PT's are coming for you, don't be shy of hitting Shield probe and stim boost at the same time, or even the WZ adrenal too if you just can't handle the incoming burst. you have roughly `1.5 minutes between the powertech's heavy burst, and by then your team should have one of them down.

I hope this helps!

It's fotm but it won't last.

Burst will always be good in pvp. It's how you kill most things. Right now pt has good burst and no one is used to it. The speed buff on hydraulic overrides is a must take utility that prevents kiting. You can snare through it.

I put shank shot and pop dodge to eat the missiles. They can't turn around. It's great!

It's fotm but it won't last.

Burst will always be good in pvp. It's how you kill most things. Right now pt has good burst and no one is used to it. The speed buff on hydraulic overrides is a must take utility that prevents kiting. You can snare through it.

I put shank shot and pop dodge to eat the missiles. They can't turn around. It's great!

It's not great. It's broken. 10 sec immunity + 50% mov speed = fckin broken. An un-kitable "melee" class is broken. I played AP PT until it got boring as hell.

Edited by ArielRebel

I quit op heals for a while and started playing concealment. Loving it right now but on the subject of PT / VG. They are absolutely insane. I don't even bother trying to kill one that knows what they are doing. All they have to do is use HO and I can't even touch them while they blow me up.

• 2 weeks later...

You won't survive the onslaught of three powertechs on you -ever. I rarely see three person ptech teams so this is not an issue on my server. If you are done with healing, consider trying lethality. You can get away from powertechs and make their life miserable in the process.

Ptechs have it good and its probably not going to change any time soon.

You won't survive the onslaught of three powertechs on you -ever. I rarely see three person ptech teams so this is not an issue on my server. If you are done with healing, consider trying lethality. You can get away from powertechs and make their life miserable in the process.

Ptechs have it good and its probably not going to change any time soon.

Lethality is almost as worse off against AP.

Concealment is the tree that actually has an advantage over them due to being able to negate 90% of their burst with immunity rolls every 10 seconds.

When dealing with a PT: weakish long setup hots <<< 100% resist errythang

Edited by QuiveringPotato

Lethality is almost as worse off against AP.

Concealment is the tree that actually has an advantage over them due to being able to negate 90% of their burst with immunity rolls every 10 seconds.

When dealing with a PT: weakish long setup hots <<< 100% resist errythang

While i agree that Lethality has it worse than the rest with no way to get out of Dodge, it's extremely frustrating to play a Concealment operative right now too.

If rolling is our best friend, why do i constantly get teleported back in time and stun locked after using Counter-measures and rolling across the screen. Roll could be on cooldown, i could just have the semi-cd buff but still it got used and either way i'm stuck back in the hot-zone i just tried to get out of where i either use my Escape to try and run or get locked down some more... all of this after i ALREADY ROLLED AWAY...

It'll happen with warrior charges or tow-cables but always in the middle of my roll. And to those who say "well you lagged, it never happened" then why is it on cd? If you're locked in place and can't use it, the move stays grey. I should die with it still grey if it never happened. If it did happen then i deserve to end up in my new location and perhaps get rooted there(except i have 100% immunity for 1.5 sec after 'activating' my roll)...

Aside from us needing a form of CC immunity tacked into our Utility skills(I suggest making Countermeasures make us immune to CC for 2-3 sec after successfully breaking an immobilizing effect), we need our only real defensive and relocation ability to FUNCTION PROPERLY. It's important that if you put something that says that you dodge or resist all incoming attacks that it actually does give you 100% chance to resist or dodge all incoming attacks UPON ACTIVATION, which means i should never get teleported backwards after successfully completing a roll.

The immunity ability works for Sins so please BW fix our dodge/resist to work properly when we roll. It's especially big when it's tied to our relocation tool that could for some reason leave us high and dry for the enemy with our already weak defenses, instead of, you know, relocating us...

We rely heavily on our ability to out play our opponents and when those outplay abilities malfunction or don't function at all, it hurts a little bit more since we're already so low on the totem pole in the grand scheme of things.

end rant... sorry everyone lol.

Lethalities draw back is that you have to play very defensively, to make the most of your hots. Scoundrels DCDs work well in an extended fight.

Toe to Toe a PT is going to destroy a scoundrel. For Ruffian, Your mindset againt playing one is to get your burst requirements met, and only stay in range/LoS when you can get off your bigger hits off. When your abilities are on cooldown, you have no upper hands, or you need to re-apply dots, focus on getting away from the PT. Use your Vanishing act when he uses grappling hook, and try to keep your hots up at all times.

Terrain that allows you to extend the distance of your roll is a big factor as well.

I have bested many PTs by simply outlasting them in the end. Once thier shield us up, the shoulder cannon is expended, and their adrenal overides is used up, you have the advantage, but you have to play the bait game, and get them to use it first.

Scrapper can mitigate a lot of damage by rolling, the rolling. If you get lucky and prevent most of their damage by rolling, you can keep the pressure up and stay within range. Keeping them rooted as long as HtL isnt up key as well. Baiting out HtL used to mean something before the epac, but with the shorter cooldown, you pretty much just have to work around it.

To be honest though, most PTs usually target something else if im going into evasion mode. Which makes perfect sense, as when im am trying to evade I usually dont have much time to apply damage.

The real issue is when you are dealing with the roots from other players. If you cant escape, then your opponent is most likely going to be able to burst right through you.

Edited by Haystak

Lethalities draw back is that you have to play very defensively, to make the most of your hots. Scoundrels DCDs work well in an extended fight.

Toe to Toe a PT is going to destroy a scoundrel. For Ruffian, Your mindset againt playing one is to get your burst requirements met, and only stay in range/LoS when you can get off your bigger hits off. When your abilities are on cooldown, you have no upper hands, or you need to re-apply dots, focus on getting away from the PT. Use your Vanishing act when he uses grappling hook, and try to keep your hots up at all times.

Terrain that allows you to extend the distance of your roll is a big factor as well.

I have bested many PTs by simply outlasting them in the end. Once thier shield us up, the shoulder cannon is expended, and their adrenal overides is used up, you have the advantage, but you have to play the bait game, and get them to use it first.

Scrapper can mitigate a lot of damage by rolling, the rolling. If you get lucky and prevent most of their damage by rolling, you can keep the pressure up and stay within range. Keeping them rooted as long as HtL isnt up key as well. Baiting out HtL used to mean something before the epac, but with the shorter cooldown, you pretty much just have to work around it.

To be honest though, most PTs usually target something else if im going into evasion mode. Which makes perfect sense, as when im am trying to evade I usually dont have much time to apply damage.

The real issue is when you are dealing with the roots from other players. If you cant escape, then your opponent is most likely going to be able to burst right through you.

I agree, in a perfect world you can definitely outlast a PT to eventually kill them. Only problem in pvp is the fact that it's rarely 1 v 1. By the time you outlast them they either escape or someone else is on you as well. I just try to annoy them and then move on to someone else. They usually get pretty ticked off because they can't seem to kill me lol.

Hi I have always played Healing operative. Ever since they nerf dps operatives to oblivion in the previous patches.

Boy i love the amount of bull **** bioware has abused us with.

SO... Could anyone give me a real example on how to survive against a really good powertechs. I'm talking about ones that get rated in the 2k ratings from the last ranked season.

!!PLEASE BARE IN MIND THAT IM TALKING ABOUT SOLO RANKED!! NORMALLY HEALERS IN SOLO RANKED GET 2+ DPS ON THEM AS SOON AS THEY START HEALING.

more Then 80% Of the time. I get Killed through Shield probe during the first initial stun.

I am *********** absolutely sick of the fact that my Shield becomes absolutely useless. USELESS.

:rak_03: Nerf Shield Probe :rak_03:

I'm sorry I'm frustrated beyond belief. I'm sorry... please help me...

I tried posting on the pvp forums and only to get trolled by the following (L2P you garbage healer)

Here is the link to that terrible thread of bull **** http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=787323

I have tried the following in hopes to survive

1. When I get pulled by the Powertech I immediately pop shield probe knowing Im going to get Stunned. Which yes I do get stunned.

I die in the first 3 seconds of the stun. Shield probe cannot handle this amount of stupid overpowered damage.

2. Break the first stun. Throw a stun grenade. Then roll away. Only problem Is I also get "rubber banned" Back from where I rolled. This is a big problem since I am either rooted/slowed. So then I get either CC'd again, then killed instantly.

3. Same thing as number 2. Only I also use cloaking screen. Then hide by a pillar to try to heal the others.

However once I use my cloak and CC break all to avoid getting instantly killed the first time..What makes you think they cant do it after I blow all these cooldowns?

Each and every ranked match I go into There are at least 3 powertechs in the match. My server is riddled with FOTM re-rollers its sickening.

I am fully geared/augmented I do an average of 2.5K HPS. I know this isn't great HPS But ever since 3.0 I've struggled to hit the 3k HPS. Mainly killed instantly by *********** powertechs... So actually I do 0 HPS.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM AGAINST ANY OTHER CLASSES. POWERTECHS ARE THE ONLY CLASS THAT KILLS ME INSTANTLY.

Once again, I'm sorry I'm typing out of frustration! Please for the love of god help me. :rak_04:

Alright most of you who will reply will probably not read any of this **** and just troll me.

So troll away YAY I'm already "unscrubscribed" from the game in hopes of waiting for changes to powertechs.

:rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03: :rak_03:

How is your gear? Are you 2018? A PT shouldn't be able to kill you when you are stunned. Their main burst only happens every 1min~ so if you survive their burst you have a lot of recovery time where they do little to no damage till their burst is back up again. Their burst shouldn't be taking you from 100 to 0. There is something seriously wrong there.

I duel my friends geared PT on my scoundrel from time to time, if they line up their burst you do go from 100% to around 30-20% but you aren't being globalled (dying before you can react). I will say the match up is hard but a good healer shouldn't be dying in a 1 v 1. The key is to stun them when they pop their speed boost (golden ring around their feet) because that is a hint that their going to do their burst rotation. Another tip is when they laugh after they put their Assault Plastique (I believe) on you, because that procs a Railshot (which does 0 dmg if you pop Evasion).

I will say, I even have trouble with them (but never die instantly in a 1v1). Their burst could be toned down little. The key to surviving is to practice and to not panic. Know how much damage you can handle and survive their burst after that the dps is laughable.

Edited by kissingaiur